Alpha 21 Discussion Overflow

meilodasreh

10 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Nice to meet a fellow translator. I'm correcting the spanish translations, both LATAM and Spanish but I will upload the final version with gold, as we are still missing the story, dialogues and some quests.

Current spanish translation, both Latin American and plain spanish are extremely bad. 1989 text engine bad.

I've already correctly translated (fixed and retranslated) all the menus, tools, screentips, etc. But even the menus are still in flux, so I will refrain from fixing it further until release.

Are you officially working with TFP for the translation?  I would very much like to contribute officially, but I don't know how.  I have put a lot of effort into translating already and I look forward to working on the new content to translate for A21.

13 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Congrats!

Thanks, but I`ve never been really into drinking, nothing more than couple of Carlsbergs a week or so, and the smell is odd.

The only smell I love is the one of dead zombies in the morning ! 

*reloading my M60*

Are we there yet?

Just hit me I've been playing the game since 2013. For anybody wondering what was happening in the world the day 7DTD was first released 9 years, 9 months and 10 days ago -- and I know you weren't -- according to Billboard the #1 pop song in the US on August 16, 2013 was Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines". Sit back and enjoy it while you wait for Alpha 21...

2 hours ago, Code6 said:

Are you officially working with TFP for the translation?  I would very much like to contribute officially, but I don't know how.  I have put a lot of effort into translating already and I look forward to working on the new content to translate for A21.

No. Though any and all modding work that I do belongs to TFP and always will. I intend to completely fix the LATAM and Spanish Gold release translation with full changelog and politely ask for official implementation. It would be a blast to work for them in the future, both as QA and translator or anything in between, It's a dream company, great work environment and partial to creativity bursts.

Currently waiting for the whole txt file to translate and correctly fit wording size and stuff. We will have to wait until Gold. You are right, it took me quite a few hours to correct, fit and test.

15 hours ago, Old Crow said:

Agreed. There's way to much hostility on these forums towards people who have dissenting opinions.

In almost all these cases it is hostility breeding hostility. People who come here looking to be invited find an inviting community. People who come looking for a fight and to burn bridges find an uninviting community. The lion share of the responsibility for fitting into a community is on the individual who is joining the community and not the community itself. That's not just true of forums but of life in general.

With how IzPrebuilt openly admits that he feels about this game and his non-future as a player of it, there is very little chance that he was going to fit into this community. He hates the game, has no respect for the developers, and is too ingrained in caustic sarcastic and insulting methods of discourse. He isn't really a typical example though.

A more typical example is someone who really does like the game but is angry about some part of it or about how development has been conducted but communicates that criticism in a hostile, insulting, and ignorant manner. This person is probably not going to get an inviting community response but if they can chill and step back from that behavior they will find that this community is super forgiving and willing to let the past be the past. Plenty of people post their dissent about the game and development without hostility and toxicity and they are treated very well.

This community is predominately positive. We like to joke and have fun. We admire TFP and the work they've done. We trust that they will continue to develop the game and finish it and go on to new and great projects. We may not be happy about certain design decisions but we can discuss those things without being angry about it.

There are other communities for this game which are predominately negative. They like to insult, mock, and be derogatory about TFP and the game. They are convinced the game will die and never be finished and nobody will support any future game that TFP puts out. They are not happy at all and cannot post about the game or the developer without a tone of anger. Their assumptions for every decision TFP makes are always nefarious, dishonest, lazy, anti-player, etc.  In those communities, if someone posts something positive they are immediately leapt upon and insulted in the worst ways possible.

So there are plenty of communities that someone can go to regardless of how they feel about the game and feel that the community is inviting. If you want to be insulting and crude and flame others who like the game then don't come here. Go to the community that will reinforce your behavior. If you can be friendly, good-natured, and respectful towards the devs and other players even if you don't agree with all the decisions that have been made then come here and you will find an inviting community.

15 hours ago, XFinalChanceX said:

Okay. I don't see anything being talked about VR and CATS! when would these be implemented? 

I don't know about CATS! but the first version of the unofficial VR mod is planned to be released sometime very shortly after A21 is released

I wanted to be invited to a bridge burning!  ;) 

It occurs to me, that either way 7DTD has had an impact.  I mean, if people are willing to argue for or against it (in a forum where you need to bunny hop through some hoops before you can participate), it means people aren't apathetic to it.  They care, one way or another and that can only mean good things for TFP and the game.  

I wasn't sure about 7DTD when I first launched it, tbh.  I started playing because my friends were and I still vividly recall logging onto a server they had started  -- and it was dark.  I died alot that first night as they tried to guide me to where they were.  I've enjoyed the game ever since, and adapted to the changes that were made, as I will with A21.  No real point to this part of my post, except that I reset my pw to defend TFP dev above so I figured I may as well use my access for good .. or my entertainment.  (Please no one ask why I felt compelled to do that cuz I've no idea, but I felt better afterward, lol.  I blame it on my vacation.)    Back to work before the weekend!

9 hours ago, Mounty said:

Well, I think they finished working on it weeks ago and have just been sitting back laughing at us, the bug counter would have been a good way to prove they were still hard at work. If they go and post one now I'll have to assume that it's just driven by a random number generator and that they're still just sitting back laughing at us. See you've ruined the whole thing by being negative.

In case you don't already know, go to 7 Days to Die History · SteamDB and you can see all the updated builds posted to the "testing_trunk" directory. Those builds get tested daily. They are probably around Build 300 or something... So many entries!  (6 hours ago, 2 days ago, 3 days ago...)

So, as you can see, work is being done all the time. TFP wants everything to be great before it's ready for primetime. I applaud them for sticking to their plan, and not release until it's done. 😀

7 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

In case you don't already know, go to 7 Days to Die History · SteamDB and you can see all the updated builds posted to the "testing_trunk" directory. Those builds get tested daily. They are probably around Build 300 or something... So many entries!  (6 hours ago, 2 days ago, 3 days ago...)

So, as you can see, work is being done all the time. TFP wants everything to be great before it's ready for primetime. I applaud them for sticking to their plan, and not release until it's done. 😀

Mate, I was kidding, I have no doubt they're working their little behinds off. I was just having a dig at the guy who poo poo'd the bug counter idea, I don't need one myself, but some people like to feel as though they're getting a peek behind the curtain. I don't know how Fun Pimps do things, but if they use something like Jira to track bugs pulling a few interesting stats to display somewhere probably wouldn't be a big deal. Maybe they have good reasons for not doing it, I don't know.

4 hours ago, wicketness said:

the game is so dead right now

While waiting for 7D2D (the best zombie game) I'm playing "Project Zombiod". 

After killing hundreds of zombies, my character was covered in blood, injuries and zombie bits.  He was also bored!!!

I went: "Chad? Is that you?  You know Chad, I'm bored too."  So, I shut the game off and now hope that 7D2D comes out soon.

Chad needs 7D2D, not me.  :)

On 5/26/2023 at 12:21 AM, Laz Man said:

Dear Diary,

The QA team has spent the last few days trying to nail down a solid reproduction on 2 very nasty bugs.

Both bugs cause a red error spam in the console that forces the player to have to terminate their game to recover.

One happens when visiting a trader (not everytime) while the other happens anywhere.

After many grueling hours, the QA team was able to isolate the issues and the programmers were able to get fixes in that "appear" to have resolved the issues.

We got lucky with one as it involved a particular zombie being submerged in water....😅

On the level design front, a couple of us are working on roadside POIs.  I just checked in the roadside checkpoint POI I was working on so QA can do their thing and provide feedback.  It is a new T4 that supports all quest types.

This. this is what I like to see on the forum along with any and all of the feedback/questions phrased in a respectful way. would love to see these "diary" entries continued. its always nice to get a glimpse into what's going on with development

On 5/24/2023 at 9:03 PM, Riamus said:

I don't think I'd want the double spacebar to jump higher idea.  It works okay in games where your jumps are really far but for the ways jumping is in this game I don't think I'd like that.  I'd rather see something where you tap the spacebar for a short jump and hold it for a high jump.  Or just allow something like Shift-Spacebar for a short jump once you have high parkour.  I have tried using stealth for short jumps and they are short jumps but they are usually too short at that point.

Yes, that would work too, im ok with that, just some way to be able to jump just a bit if you need a small jump in tight spaces if you have a higher parkour perk unlocked. i broke too many ankles that way.

2 hours ago, JoeCavallo said:

Yes, that would work too, im ok with that, just some way to be able to jump just a bit if you need a small jump in tight spaces if you have a higher parkour perk unlocked. i broke too many ankles that way.

I don't know if you spoke about it before. From what I've observed from the past TFP sometimes
favors using an existing mechanic, so that it is a blend, although changes come too. The mechanic
that is presently in place, is the filler bar, like when you use a bow,  it would use a CVAR to give
each jump a wider variable dependent on need and situation.

An expansion on the idea would be to add a CVAR for "speed time arc" to emulate "acceleration and gravity"
combined with the present zombie stumble levels, adding a new visual.

On 5/26/2023 at 12:16 AM, 7daysOfFun said:

i have a idea for the start sequence / additional idea

1- why u dont start WITHOUT BACKPACK? u DONT HAVE a backpack..a backpack can be found in the black waste bin bags (the backpack is still avaible in the game, so why not make it collectible), perhaps u can use more then 1 backpack for storing things (but u can only carry1 at time)

2- u CANT make clothes from grass, BUT u can find shirts(tank top and old yeans (shorts) in the black plastic bags too

3 additional - why not make a SEWING MACHINE in the game? so u can make ur clothes, like shirts (scarps of cloth needed), or leatherjacket/gothic shoes (leather needed), or milityry armoury (military armour this blue rolls needed)

The little lore we have, shows that the character we play had a life and fell on to the wrong side of "The Duke".

The few skill points at start could indicate the character was ether a nobody or was powerful enough for the Duke and his men to attack you and EXPECTED you to survive with nothing and repay him the huge(?) amount you really owe him. 

So, by experiencing stressful situations, you are simply remembering what you already knew, like a person with amnesia sometimes does.

Edit:  This is probably the most accurate as nobody can learn complex things so quickly.  That or its the "Coma dream" theory that's a good setup for a part 2.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)

It is obvious at this point that they are either milking the living (you know what) out of the game/focusing all their workforce at the new game developed on Unreal Engine (presumably 5)

EDIT:
Do not get me wrong, I very appreciate the new changes, however for a year of time, it feels like a very little/no progress regarding the game mechanics at all.

For example, they could have widened vehicle progression with adding attachments to the vehicles, just like they have it with weapons. It is not in the game (from what I know) and I am not even sure if it will ever happen (please, prove me wrong, I want to be wrong). And the fact they've increased vehicle damage is laughable, since it is just a 1 LINE OF CODE.

Edited by Cr0wst0rm (see edit history)

@Cr0wst0rm Please explain how they milk it? I didn´t look it up, but i don´t think the sales are still high enough to justify that. Everyone who is interested already bought it and the few that haven´t are those who simply don´t touch early access titles.

Sales after release will bring in a bit of money, not much in my opinion though, but right now i don´t think they can earn a lot of money from sales.

37 minutes ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

It is obvious at this point that they are either milking the living (you know what) out of the game/focusing all their workforce at the new game developed on Unreal Engine (presumably 5)

EDIT:
Do not get me wrong, I very appreciate the new changes, however for a year of time, it feels like a very little/no progress regarding the game mechanics at all.

For example, they could have widened vehicle progression with adding attachments to the vehicles, just like they have it with weapons. It is not in the game (from what I know) and I am not even sure if it will ever happen (please, prove me wrong, I want to be wrong). And the fact they've increased vehicle damage is laughable, since it is just a 1 LINE OF CODE.

There is a development plan, and several development teams are working on the game in parallel. Some things can't be done before others. Therefore, updating the old and adding a new one does not happen smoothly and gradually. 
You can spend a year on some things, but you won't see any visual changes in the game because all the magic happens behind the screen. Players are used to evaluating only major changes, and everything else is not considered important. But something big is always built from little things. The original game remains neutral, creating opportunities for modding. 
Deeper detailing of some specific directions in the game is the task of the community. The developers give us a base for mods and a ready-made understandable game for beginners. An experienced player sooner or later starts using modifications, because he no longer has enough of what the original game offers. 
Therefore, it is better to send all requests for adding additional vehicles, weapons, crafting and other things to the creators of modifications.

2 hours ago, Cr0wst0rm said:

EDIT:

they do have attachments for the vehicles.. when was the last time you actually played the game? that being said, i would love to see a vehicle mounted weapon :) just be calm and enjoy the game, stop judging the people that create it and enjoy the ride. so many critics nowadays

54 minutes ago, x3eemguy said:

Well I have never seen so many cry babies before. The game is already gold. Enjoy all the updates you are getting. Alpha forever!

oh it's not just here. i have visited many game forums new and old and whiners and armchair game devs are all over the place. its a new species and spreading like a plague.

<quick, where is that vaccine> :)

15 minutes ago, jemriah said:

they do have attachments for the vehicles.. when was the last time you actually played the game? that being said, i would love to see a vehicle mounted weapon :) just be calm and enjoy the game, stop judging the people that create it and enjoy the ride. so many critics nowadays

I meant visual attachments, but ok, performance are there and I am aware of that. 

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Cr0wst0rm

Sales after release will bring in a bit of money, not much in my opinion though, but right now i don´t think they can earn a lot of money from sales.

*Sorry, Cr0wst0rm, but mobile doesn't let me delete tags when quoting someone.☹️

pApA^LeGBa, I don't think this is accurate, though I admit I have no data to base that on.  I think the majority of players do not get early access games and wait for the final release.  This would be a combination of just not wanting to deal with as many bugs and also, for some, having been burned by previous early access games that just didn't work out well.  This would suggest post-gold sales will likely be significant.  I don't know if it will be more than all these years in early access but even if it is a quarter of that, it is still significant.

But as far as "milking" the game, that is just dumb.  They make no more money in early access than when gold and as I said above, probably less overall.  This isn't a subscription or something where you keep paying.  If someone is going to buy the game, they will do so even if they released for gold today, so they aren't getting extra money by waiting.  It makes no sense to suggest they are "milking" early access.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)