Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

what druid said: привет разработчикам. Такой вопрос к вам: планируете ли вы добавить комбо-удары и красивые финишные удары, чтобы разнообразить и сделать его более интересным? И планируете ли вы добавить больше оружия и брони в игру в будущем? Если кто-то знает об этом из сообщества, пожалуйста, ответьте мне. В моем тексте могут быть ошибки, так как я из Польши. Пишу текст без помощи переводчика.

english translation: hi developers. Such a question for you: Do you plan to add combo kicks and beautiful finish strokes to diversify and make it more interesting? And do you plan to add more weapons and armor to the game in the future? If anyone in the community knows about this, please answer me. There may be errors in my text, since I am from Poland. I write without the help of a translator.

Question regarding balancing - I noticed that the perk books give a durability buff to spears, clubs, pistols, shotguns, machine guns, and turrets once you find the maintenance version book in the game.  Are there plans on adding that buff to any of the other weapons or was their durability already adjusted to take into account that the remaining weapons don't get a durability buff from a perk?

In some cases, it seems a bit weird.  For example, the 9mm and SMG get the durability buff, but not the 44 magnum or Desert Viper.  Turrets get a durability buff, but not batons.

Edit:  I missed the one for bows.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

Totally random, something I'd love to see in A22 (pretty sure it's not going to be in A21): Separate large rifle and small rifle rounds. There are mods to address this (which I might end up adding back in, but I removed them from my game because of the blueprint issue and some balance issues). I know there's a ton of different ammo and I dont want to get too into the weeds, but I think it would give great diversity.  AR-15/AK/varmint rifles could use small rifle, then larger hunting rfiles & M60 use large rifle. 

And maybe pretty please a model for a benelli m4? I like the pump shotgun in game and it has a pretty high functional rate of fire so there's not really a reason for the m4 to be in there, but they're a good step between pump and full on auto shotgun. 

On 2/23/2023 at 1:36 AM, Aldranon said:

Finding tier 6 weapons makes more sense as the player would need machinery at the level of late game ECO (survival game) to even have a chance at making one. 

It does make sense but currently i find T6 stuff way too eazy, and it not much of a survival game imo currently eather, the survival part been dumb down where is just became more of a open world game with zombies in it but you also have to keep food and water on you. weather does nothing bc clothing is kinda OP, food doesnt rot nor attract zombies (anymore), looting is very broken (i play on 50/75% loot for realistic), hunting for food isn't a must or even needed. nothing degrades too tier wise but if they were gonna do that max tier would need to be 50 or so when it degrades it degrades slowly. Skills dont progress on learning (some should honestly like shooting a gun, you dont magically become a pro in 5 seconds) 

and for making 6t stuff they can have a machine in say a shotgun factory, or a tool shop, non craftable but useable after say restoring power quest

Edited by Bobby Lee 298 (see edit history)

2 часа назад Callum123456789 сказал:

что сказал друид: привет разработчикам. Такой вопрос к вам: планируете ли вы добавить комбо-удары и красивые финишные удары, чтобы разнообразить и сделать его более интересным? И планируете ли вы добавить больше оружия и брони в игру в будущем? Если кто-то знает об этом из сообщества, пожалуйста, ответьте мне. В моем тексте могут быть ошибки, так как я из Польши. Пишу текст без помощи переводчика.

английский перевод: привет разработчикам. Такой вопрос для вас: планируете ли вы добавить комбо-удары и красивые финишные удары, чтобы разнообразить и сделать его более интересным? И планируете ли вы добавить больше оружия и брони в игру в будущем? Если кто-то в сообществе знает об этом, пожалуйста, ответьте мне. В моем тексте могут быть ошибки, так как я из Польши. Пишу без помощи переводчика.

и что вы хотите этим доказать? Вы просто скопировали мой текст и вставили его в его переводчик? Что ж, было бы логично, если бы знаки препинания могли редактировать сам сайт. И почему вы вообще к этому придрались.

3 minutes ago, Druid_Koldun said:

и что вы хотите этим доказать? Вы просто скопировали мой текст и вставили его в его переводчик? Что ж, было бы логично, если бы знаки препинания могли редактировать сам сайт. И почему вы вообще к этому придрались.

Hold your horses, Callum was only trying to help since this is an English site and posts are requested to be in English.  Not sure why you got offended when a community member is trying to help out.

I wouldn't anticipate the developers adding more weapons and armor to the game, or even finishing moves / combos for attacks.  They seem happy with the amount of weapons / armor for the vanilla game (though armor / clothing is getting a revamp for A22 so what we have today is getting replaced - but it didn't sound like they were adding any more to the game other than what they already have planned).  Any additional weapons / armor / bullet calibers would more than likely be added via mods.

As for attack combos and finishing moves, that would be very difficult to put in at this stage and complete the game for Gold based on TFP desire to finish the game in 1 to 2 more development cycles after A21.  And I haven't seen or heard anyone from the development team expressing interest in adding that type of combat mechanisms to the game.

With a21 taking such a long time and bug fixing aside I wonder what exactly is holding it up.  Bandits were stated to be pushed back because they wouldn't be polished enough for an A21 release so with all the extra time waiting for release anyway, bandits are surely getting closer too. Could it be possible that bandits will make it? There never was a concrete no to that, only the statement that it would be unlikely to make a21.

Devs feel free to answer, not because you owe us but because it would be awesome to know. Surely there will be a few surprises.

Edited by WarWren (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Bobby Lee 298 said:

It does make sense but currently i find T6 stuff way too eazy, and it not much of a survival game imo currently eather, the survival part been dumb down where is just became more of a open world game with zombies in it but you also have to keep food and water on you. weather does nothing bc clothing is kinda OP, food doesnt rot nor attract zombies (anymore), looting is very broken (i play on 50/75% loot for realistic), hunting for food isn't a must or even needed. nothing degrades too tier wise but if they were gonna do that max tier would need to be 50 or so when it degrades it degrades slowly. Skills dont progress on learning (some should honestly like shooting a gun, you dont magically become a pro in 5 seconds) 

Please show me how you get more than 20 perk points in 5 seconds? 😁

7 hours ago, Bobby Lee 298 said:

and for making 6t stuff they can have a machine in say a shotgun factory, or a tool shop, non craftable but useable after say restoring power quest

7 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Hold your horses, Callum was only trying to help since this is an English site and posts are requested to be in English. 

It isn't a rule anymore to post in english, but it is highly advisable if you want to be understood by the majority of forum users, including the devs.

4 hours ago, meganoth said:

It isn't a rule anymore to post in english, but it is highly advisable if you want to be understood by the majority of forum users, including the devs.

Hence I said requested, not required  😉

12 hours ago, Bobby Lee 298 said:

Changing the loot quantity doesn't change the odds of finding higher level loot.  In order to do that, you have to change the probabilities of finding higher quality loot.  I modded my game to do just that (changed all Q3 to 0.45, Q4 to 0.35, Q5 to 0.25, and Q6 to 0.15).  By day 126, the number of Q6 gear I found in loot was less than how many fingers I have.

And you don't have to have equipment degrade, just make it so you can't repair it.  Lose the trader rewards, only have Q6 gear at inflated prices, and you will find a constant struggle of keeping yourself maintain while trying to gather dukes to even buy stuff from them.  Even go as far as make the mods a one time use only (can't remove) and you will find yourself bouncing between gathering materials to make new weapons after yours all broke during horde night to upkeeping your base.

21 hours ago, WarWren said:

With a21 taking such a long time and bug fixing aside I wonder what exactly is holding it up.  Bandits were stated to be pushed back because they wouldn't be polished enough for an A21 release so with all the extra time waiting for release anyway, bandits are surely getting closer too. Could it be possible that bandits will make it? There never was a concrete no to that, only the statement that it would be unlikely to make a21.

Devs feel free to answer, not because you owe us but because it would be awesome to know. Surely there will be a few surprises.

image.png.d2e7d60d4c381bdd9b44864500f8c82f.png

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

Not that it makes a difference, but that POI meter thing is just awful looking. I'm not sure who decided that was necessary, but I hope it can easily be removed.

I do hope it can be hidden.  It’s a little… big… for immersion purposes.

8 hours ago, Roland said:

image.png.d2e7d60d4c381bdd9b44864500f8c82f.png

Translation for observationally challenged people:

The previous poster was asking for a **concrete** no to some question

6 hours ago, Prydonian said:

I do hope it can be hidden.  It’s a little… big… for immersion purposes.

On the positive side, they finally added real names to the POIs. I am pretty sure it means no "factory_01" in quest descriptions anymore. (Scratch off another accidentially? revealed feature)

But yes, I get measles when I think of driving through a city and this THING popping up every few meters.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)