Acid scarcity in alpha 20

Firecat

I've played a couple different games on a20 now, and I think they may have taken the acid nerf a bit far, especially since they've now added it to more consumables. I'm struggling to find it just for the essentials like chemistry station and wheels. And yes, I do play with max better barter, and I get about as much acid from traders as I do from other sources, even they don't seem to stock it that often. I was reserving judgement until I got Wasteland Treasures 3, since someone said once you get that book you will "have more acid than you can use" from wrenching cars, but after getting it in my experience you have to wrench like 50 cars per acid which seems like a LOT. Someone also pointed out you can wrench white med cabinets and green barrels for acid, I haven't tested the barrels because I haven't found any since I saw this, but the larger med cabinets do seem to drop it about a third of the time which is nice (the glass ones do not). Cabinets dont exactly seem like medical "equipment" and the wrench animation doesnt work on them, so I never would of guessed without being told that they were even harvestable with a wrench. What else counts as "medical equipment" according to the perk book? (seriously, why can you break down bathroom cabinets for acid?? lol). Are chem stations medical equipment?

Edited by Firecat
typos (see edit history)

Never found acid in a chemstation so far. It´s so rare that we buy chemstations and wheels from the trader in MP. Impossible to have 4 chemstations and vehicles for 4 people with the acid you find.

But we are swimming in first aid bandages due to aloe cream everywhere. 

We need a bit more acid and lot less first aid in loot tbh.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Acid is rare but it feels good the way it is. I bought acid from traders and looted enough for a chem bench, 2 minibikes, 2 motorcycles, 2 gas upgrades for the motorcycles and I have a set for 1 4x4 when I get there. Im on day 22, its really not that bad if you're looting a lot. I dont have the acid perk book yet, Im intelligence/agility and my partner is str/fort. I dont even think we have the lucky looter rank 1 perk from perception, havent felt like we needed it.

11 hours ago, myrkana said:

Acid is rare but it feels good the way it is. I bought acid from traders and looted enough for a chem bench, 2 minibikes, 2 motorcycles, 2 gas upgrades for the motorcycles and I have a set for 1 4x4 when I get there. Im on day 22, its really not that bad if you're looting a lot. I dont have the acid perk book yet, Im intelligence/agility and my partner is str/fort. I dont even think we have the lucky looter rank 1 perk from perception, havent felt like we needed it.

Either you've been super lucky or I've been super unlucky. One of the games I actually have the acid book, I'm also on day 22, and I've found a total of 7 acid so far. INCLUDING the 3 bought from the trader. Another 3 from wrenching med cabinets and cars. Only 1 found naturally in loot.

Day 3: found 6 acid in loot.

RNG loves me so far this game, I found the workbench recipe, chemstation recipe (twice) on day 2/3.

Now I have the acid buuuuttt..... no beakers. yet.

Last game, it was day 20 before I found the chemstation schematic, and barely had the acid to make it.

(beakers yes, acid no)

5 traders I was checking every 3 days. None had acid after day 1 (when I didn't buy any)

21 minutes ago, canadianbluebeer said:

Day 3: found 6 acid in loot.

RNG loves me so far this game, I found the workbench recipe, chemstation recipe (twice) on day 2/3.

Now I have the acid buuuuttt..... no beakers. yet.

Last game, it was day 20 before I found the chemstation schematic, and barely had the acid to make it.

(beakers yes, acid no)

5 traders I was checking every 3 days. None had acid after day 1 (when I didn't buy any)

Maybe we should merge seeds….found a beaker at 11am day 1 lol.

It's almost impossible to find acid on high levels. We thought about it with my friend. Looks like there is less of common loot on high levels, which acid is a part of. I was on level 50-60. I've dedicated 5 ingame days for finding Acid. I looted literally everything. Not a single bottle found. Today one more guy joined, started from lvl 1. Found 3 bottles in one day. I also remember that I found few more bottles when I've started my game but ignored it because of encumbrance and thought it's not important at that stage.

I think loottable reduces trash on higher levels. I saw in files that acid is a part of trash loot, so reducing it also reduces chance to drop acid significantly.

I've found in general that the new complex loot table in a20 is quirky to say the least.

I'm on day 90-ish?  To put this in perspective so you know how much I loot - I have 1700 electrical parts, 900 paper, 330 leather, 1091 cloth etc. and to date I have found a total of 6 acid.  I now have the wasteland book for acid and of the last 20 cars I have wrenched I've found one bottle of acid.  Cars were all of various stages.

One problem I am also having is that I find something like 90% paper in book stacks.  I don't remember that being the case.  

I'm having other loot table issues but I can't remember them at the moment.  

My son and I are playing on a server with loot abundance at 200%.  We found the acid book and since that time have wrenched about 100 cars with 1 acid found by each of us.

This nerf has definitely been too much, in my opinion!  We are on day 19 and have found zero beakers as well.  And I loot everything in the POIs.  We need 7 acids and 5 (I think that is the count) beakers to finish a vehicle for me and a chem station.

I have the same Problem i found Wheels like hell but no Acid, i was able to gather 5 Acid Bottles, but it sems more to do with the Loot Stage isnt working Properly when i loot on Forest Biomes (easiest)) i have lootstage 90+ there i find steel tools Stacks over stacks of ammo, i have literally 4 crates full with ammo from Shotgun,7.62,9mm didnt had to bother to craft any, but when i go into the wasteland i have lootstage 258 and there is the loot really worthless, as example with lootstage 258 in wasteland i find in a military base in the leather crate 70 iron crossbow bolts and 1 medkit, if i go to the desert or starting biome i get steel,ammo,armor,schematics. but acid is like disappeard from it and some of the new vehicle mods and drone mods are still not found, for the drone i only found the light mod, nothing else on lootstage 90+ for the vehicle mods i found reserve tank, extra seat,supercharger. 

And their try to make the Wasteland harder is in my opinion not working, the only thing it did it makes it annoying as hell, you will get flooded with zombies literally tried to dig up a treasure chest (not a quest, it was from a treasure map) first there were arround 10-20 zombies i killed them and then all of a sudden 80 zombies without delay respawning, it isnt harder its just more annoying considering you cant enter that biome at early stage now, and its flooded with steel bars so when you have to cross a part of the wasteland you got 10 vultures behind you and 30 zombies.

i even found a bug with the new restore power quest, my first one on tier 2 trader quest was in the Wasteland, and literally there were infinite amount of zombie respawns, first try i had to run, thought pipe guns would be enough but got close away with the bicycle, then i waited got to other trader did the same quest but in other biomes  there was just a normal zombie amount arround the area until i started the quest marker, so when i got tier 6 guns i went back and thought i give it another try..... 300 shotgun shells, 600 9mm and 600 7.62 all gone through and still they kept on respawning like hell, and note i didnt even touched the quest marker to start it there, it flodded the game with so many respawns that the game started to stutter like hell, i had to run in activate the marker and drive away on the motorcycle so it can fail. I get it to make it a bit more harder but that is just ridiculous, i hope they fix that on the full release, because for me now at least i wont enter the wasteland until that respawn is limited and not endless.  Both other tries on restore power on the other biomes no problem a bigger zombie mass came but you had a chance to do it.

the RWG maps are really awesome even the new buildings, but on my new RWG 10k map i only got 1 factory and its a sham factory no shotgun messiah one (looked with world editor the POI list through, i got some smaller gun stores and 2 shooting ranges but thats it.

i hope on full alpha 20 release it gets fixed, but besides that i really enjoy the new alpha 20

This thread made me think of a documentary watched recently. 

Acid Documentary

Great documentary on the importances of acid's in our modern day life. Little did I know how important acid is to us. After watching this came to understand that almost every man made object in our life uses acid as part of the manufacturing process in 1 way or another.

This statement in the documentary stuck with me "A nations industrial might can easily be measured simply by their total acid production".

So regarding the game play mechanic of acid being rare... probably not very realistic. The rarity seems a fun game play mechanic and am fine with that gameplay choice.

Edited by fragtzack (see edit history)

Getting acid has always been slow.

Day 35. Level 50. Bike from t1 reward, bought motorcycle, so only used 3 wheels for gyro.

I have 7 acid and 1 wheel left. I probably looted 2 or 3 wheels total.

I did not go out of my way for acid, I totally forgot about finding it in medical stuff and haven't smashed them.

Have done quite a few cars and military trucks. I still have nearly 700 mech and 900 electrical comps for comparison. Early game I tear apart everything.

I need to stop bringing a lot of materials home (like the 10 stacks of cloth I will never use). 

Even not looting like a magpie, the book and looting the medical devices would bring me even more acid.

So I'd have enough for all vehicles plus some limited crafting with it. Not great, but it's bearable. So it could probably use a little bump, at least on the high gamestage loot tables.

PS, forgot chem station, 5 ouch! When did they make that change? I got mine from a quest reward or I bought it. So I'd still be in a good position but forget about making consumables with acid.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

3 hours ago, BananaJoes said:

i even found a bug with the new restore power quest, my first one on tier 2 trader quest was in the Wasteland, and literally there were infinite amount of zombie respawns, first try i had to run, thought pipe guns would be enough but got close away with the bicycle, then i waited got to other trader did the same quest but in other biomes  there was just a normal zombie amount arround the area until i started the quest marker, so when i got tier 6 guns i went back and thought i give it another try..... 300 shotgun shells, 600 9mm and 600 7.62 all gone through and still they kept on respawning like hell, and note i didnt even touched the quest marker to start it there, it flodded the game with so many respawns that the game started to stutter like hell, i had to run in activate the marker and drive away on the motorcycle so it can fail. I get it to make it a bit more harder but that is just ridiculous, i hope they fix that on the full release, because for me now at least i wont enter the wasteland until that respawn is limited and not endless

This is not a bug. In the wasteland at night, there is no delay on respawns. If you kill one, another spawns immediately.

This is intended behavior to make the wastelands feel dangerous and deadly, bringing back the old hub city feel.

12 minutes ago, katarynna said:

This is not a bug. In the wasteland at night, there is no delay on respawns. If you kill one, another spawns immediately.

This is intended behavior to make the wastelands feel dangerous and deadly, bringing back the old hub city feel.

No @%$#??? Well maybe this update isn't ALL bad after all!

MWGA! I need to start hanging out in the wastelands again.

9 hours ago, katarynna said:

Then how are you supposed to get the restore power quest done solo? It floods literally so many zombies in just arround me that the game Performance literally stsrts to stutter, dont had the problem anywhere else in the wasteland, just besides this quest, but when its so i will avoid it in the wasteland thst mission type, simply your stuck on the generator for that time when it fails it starts the timer from again new, and i wont let me surrounded by 80+ zombies best me to desth for a quest, to make it hsrder could have been with more hp and a bit more spawns, but with unlimited its in my sight ridiculous to get that mission done, when the only thing that can hold them back is that small fence from the construction side which holds just a few punches out, and to build a safe wall just to get thst thing solo done is for my opinion just to much for a quest, but i hope it gets some changes at full release.

Besides that the loot tables arent really working out like described on wasteland with lootstage 258 i get from the end reward crates 70 iron crossbolts and a medkit and other things are mostly empty, i had a crack a book tower nearby which i went inside after it was day, there were in 75% no loot spawned in not even paper, but in the forest biome i find everything (besides acid, but wheels i could trade all day long, and ammo i dont need to craft  for a long time 4 big storage crates full with found ammo) that seems need to get a hotfix, there could been a book or something where it could you allow at a cost to craft acid, since its needed for some other recipes then only vehicles.

Do anyone know if theres a other way to get rid of the hud crosshair on iron sights and crosshairs when using them besides the config? Because on every micro patch it resets it again, and can even delete you character stats/inventory  (already happend before) when a new patch comes out, i wish there would been a game option before you startibg the world where you could turn it off for scopes and iron sights without having going through configs every micro patch or even be in fear to lose everythibg on you and all stats

A nighttime quest in the wastelands would be something I would attempt only at end game as a heavy challenge.

I personally have no problem with there being extremely difficult challenges to attempt only late game. If you aren't there yet, don't even attempt a nighttime wasteland quest. It should be an end game goal.

Yeah, the acid in A20 seems to appear less in loot containers.

I tried to collect 5 acid for Chem station but to the Day 30 I realized it would be easier to earn money and buy it from the Trader.

17 hours ago, BananaJoes said:

literally there were infinite amount of zombie respawns

Hmm... That gives me an idea to setting up mob loot farm.

Previously I tried to make one using screamers, but it seems as too much hassle

1 hour ago, Ray_Garraty said:

Yeah, the acid in A20 seems to appear less in loot containers.

I tried to collect 5 acid for Chem station but to the Day 30 I realized it would be easier to earn money and buy it from the Trader.

Hmm... That gives me an idea to setting up mob loot farm.

Previously I tried to make one using screamers, but it seems as too much hassle

We've done this on our server.  The trick is to never kill them during the day.  "Time to respawn" is set when the zombie is killed, and during the daytime, its normal (couple days).  So if you clear the area during the day, you have no nighttime mob farm.  When night ends, be sure to jump on a vehicle and drive far away rather than finishing off what you have, or you'll wreck your farm for a few game days.

On 12/22/2021 at 1:53 PM, katarynna said:

A nighttime quest in the wastelands would be something I would attempt only at end game as a heavy challenge.

I personally have no problem with there being extremely difficult challenges to attempt only late game. If you aren't there yet, don't even attempt a nighttime wasteland quest. It should be an end game goal.

The problem at this it was a tier 2 restore power quest, i had found stage 6 pipe guns,pistol,shotgun,machine gun, didnt helped a bit, even with tier 6 automatic shotgun,m60 all with mods and quality 6 didnt helped because at this mass you cant do anything alone when your stuck to redtore the generator but with unlimited respawns.and so i had to let if fail (rush with vehicle to the marker activate and run away) just to get the open quest slot from the trader back. When this is alteady at tier 2 restore power no way anyway i will attempt then a restore power in the wasteland at higher trader stages, when you have no puffer zone to actually be able to fix the generator.

1 hour ago, BananaJoes said:

so i had to let if fail (rush with vehicle to the marker activate and run away) just to get the open quest slot from the trader back.

You could just cancel a quest from the quest log directly, but at least your approach is quite entertaining... :)

4 hours ago, BananaJoes said:

The problem at this it was a tier 2 restore power quest, i had found stage 6 pipe guns,pistol,shotgun,machine gun, didnt helped a bit, even with tier 6 automatic shotgun,m60 all with mods and quality 6 didnt helped because at this mass you cant do anything alone when your stuck to redtore the generator but with unlimited respawns.and so i had to let if fail (rush with vehicle to the marker activate and run away) just to get the open quest slot from the trader back. When this is alteady at tier 2 restore power no way anyway i will attempt then a restore power in the wasteland at higher trader stages, when you have no puffer zone to actually be able to fix the generator.

You tried to do a nighttime quest in the wastelands with PRIMITIVE weapons??????

It doesn't matter if your primitive starter gear is quality 6 or not for nighttime wastelands. It's not just endgame. It is for endgam,e CHALLENGE.

q5-6 auto shottie would be helpful, sure. I assume you grabbed that from creative. I would also want a modded rocket launcher and ammo, fully modded t6 steal armor, many maxxed perks, completed book sets for main weapons, etc

Giving a lowbie in plant fiber armor with pipe weapon an auto shottie and ammo would increase your survivability in that situation by almost nothing. You would need max shotgun perks, max run and gun, max steel armor, max all healing perks, max parkour.... things like that. And you would treat it like doing the quest during a late stage horde. I am sure there are people who can and will do it and post youtube videos of it. I couldn't do it and wouldn't have fun trying.

On 12/23/2021 at 7:16 PM, katarynna said:

You tried to do a nighttime quest in the wastelands with PRIMITIVE weapons??????

It doesn't matter if your primitive starter gear is quality 6 or not for nighttime wastelands. It's not just endgame. It is for endgam,e CHALLENGE.

q5-6 auto shottie would be helpful, sure. I assume you grabbed that from creative. I would also want a modded rocket launcher and ammo, fully modded t6 steal armor, many maxxed perks, completed book sets for main weapons, etc

Giving a lowbie in plant fiber armor with pipe weapon an auto shottie and ammo would increase your survivability in that situation by almost nothing. You would need max shotgun perks, max run and gun, max steel armor, max all healing perks, max parkour.... things like that. And you would treat it like doing the quest during a late stage horde. I am sure there are people who can and will do it and post youtube videos of it. I couldn't do it and wouldn't have fun trying.

Yes i started it with q6 pipe guns because it was a new alpha, a new quest, with an affition to a terrain that was for me unknown, but what a suprise getiing judged for it nit inowing that this isnt a bug but a "attempt to make something harder". And good to know that you know more about me where i got the auto shottie from....judt because you cheat yourself stuff in savegames you dont have to project it on me, lootstage 258 is more then enough to get last tier equiment that was found by me in the desert.  Its funny how you think when i got the q6 guns m60 etc. Was still when i was early game....since that alpha dropped and i first attended that mission with level  20 arround i played in that few days after the release nearby everyday for a few hours, my second attempt was now with level 100. But good to know to have some "smart" ones here that know more then you how you got stuff and projecting their playstyle over