The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

I hate asking for help as I am very much a noob and will need quite a bit of explanations I am assuming, but I would love to be able to get Darkness Falls mod. However, I know very little about how to go about it.

I have read thru this threads initial posts, and scrolled thru some more, without finding a ''dummy's'' explanation. I did figure out I needed the MOD launcher, and got that done.

I am assuming next step would be to find the Darkness Falls files, which I have yet to find.

And the following step would be? (I would also need this to work for Multiplayer as we are usually playing with more than 1 in our games.)

If anyone could guide me thru this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
for some reason i cant install .NET 3.5 on my pc. ive run into this issue multiple times and always get the same error code. i think it might have something to do with the windows 10 that was installed on my pc when i bought it.

I know you're having trouble doing so, but installing .NET 3.5 SP1 has fixed the issue for others having the same problem in Discord:

https://github.com/7d2d-sorcery/Sorcery/wiki/Mod-Launcher#mod-launcher-error-resolution

i was never able to get the mod to work but i was able to download the Sorcery modlet strangely enough which works fine. The only issue is the item descriptions are still placeholders. the only way i know to fix the .net 3.5 issue is to take my pc back to the guy that built it. He obviously cut some costs by installing a jank-ass version of win 10. the solution to the error code im getting is beyond my knowledge of pcs.

i was never able to get the mod to work but i was able to download the Sorcery modlet strangely enough which works fine. The only issue is the item descriptions are still placeholders. the only way i know to fix the .net 3.5 issue is to take my pc back to the guy that built it. He obviously cut some costs by installing a jank-ass version of win 10. the solution to the error code im getting is beyond my knowledge of pcs.

I'd hold off a bit. A18's patch notes indicates that localization may be able to be done natively, without using this.

Although, maybe make a plan to fix the computer in case it causes other issues for you in the future.

I'd hold off a bit. A18's patch notes indicates that localization may be able to be done natively, without using this.

Although, maybe make a plan to fix the computer in case it causes other issues for you in the future.

Will do. Thank you everybody who took the time to try and help me with this.

Looking forward to A18! I have a question for mod launcher and Steam. 18.1 comes out on Monday and I am running 17.4 though Steam today. When 18.1 comes out and updates on Steam, what do I do in the mod launcher? Don't I have to point to the path where my 7D2D is and create a new version on a different path on my HD for the new game to run mods? I'm confused!

I'm also wondering if we can now use the mod launcher to install A18? There are two entries for "latest_experimental", one that says just that, and one that says "latest_experimental_u52". Which one, if any, should be used for A18?

latest_experimental will get you what you are looking for, for A18. However, you'll have to delete and re-install every update to that. It won't do so automatically.

Hi Sphereii,

Can I get this added to the Mod Launcher under modlets: https://github.com/OdettaMod/Odetta

Thank you.

I'd be happy to add it. However, it's not in the right format.

It should look like this, with each modlet in its own folder:

https://github.com/7D2DMods/Mods

That way, the Mod Launcher can read the ModInfo.xml to display

• 2 weeks later...