The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

You would b correct on that, but I was trying to download the experimental version that came out the other day. That was the never ending presync. I was gonna work around it by downloading another version of 18 via the mod launcher and manually applying Darkness Falls experimental. That is where the 16.4 came from. So basically, Latest Version is downloading 16.4 and Darkness Falls Experimental is never actually downloading it seems.

This seems like steamdcmd is caching something. A full re-install of the mod launcher didn't work? If you uninstalled, and looked in the folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\, does the SphereII Software folder still exist? if so, delete, and re-try. maybe the mod launcher needs to clean up after itself better.

EDIT :

Sphereii ,if for some reason i cannot get the mod launcher to function,is there anyway to manually install Xyth's DMT NPCs mod and your dependencies for that mod ? Its the only mod im using or wanting to use.Strangely enough starting a new game and the mod is still working now,i guess because they have already been compiled by the mod launcher before,but should a future update come i wont be able to do that again unless you can figure out my launcher issue.I have no clue why it wont load,my PC hasnt got any new updates not has VPN etc

sure but its 48000 characters long and i can only post 10000 here

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Is Network deployed? False

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.9.15529

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain -

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 2:31:39 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: h:\steam3\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading h:/steam3\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote Server:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Done reading remote server list.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download Database from Primary

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Logo: System.Drawing.Bitmap

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdater

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdaterDotNET.UpdateInfoEventArgs

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdater: Update Available

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.9.15529

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 4:00:39 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: h:\steam3\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading h:/steam3\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdater: Update Available

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.10.29072

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 4:02:05 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 4:03:11 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 8:26:20 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 8:37:21 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: code = Error (1), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007BF): SQL logic error

no such table: AlphaDirectory

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)

at _7D2DLauncher.sqllite.ExecuteQuery(String strQuery, String myDatabase) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\sqllite.cs:line 116

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.LoadAlphaList() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 4046

enough info?

Thank you. Seems like it can't open the database, or the database is empty. Is the size of ModLauncher.sqlite 0 bytes?

Thank you. Seems like it can't open the database, or the database is empty. Is the size of ModLauncher.sqlite 0 bytes?

OK mod launcher is opening now..i used CC cleaner,and cleared reg edits and general clean up and its opening again.

Is it possible that it deleted something in TEMP folder and thats what fixed it? Should i take any further steps now since i have launcher open Kind of afraid to close it lol

should i disable SSL?

launcher ver 2.1.10.29072

log file: INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating TreeView Mods

Edited by Redarmy45 (see edit history)

OK mod launcher is opening now..i used CC cleaner,and cleared reg edits and general clean up and its opening again.

Is it possible that it deleted something in TEMP folder and thats what fixed it? Should i take any further steps now since i have launcher open Kind of afraid to close it lol

should i disable SSL?

launcher ver 2.1.10.29072

log file: INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating TreeView Mods

Sorry for the delay in answering. Maybe there was a corrupted file in the TMP that was causing the issue. I'm glad you got it sorted. SSL is enabled for the downloads, so toggling it on or off won't have an effect on when the app starts.

If you have trouble downloading mods, it's probably worth unchecking it and trying it again.

Sorry for the delay in answering. Maybe there was a corrupted file in the TMP that was causing the issue. I'm glad you got it sorted. SSL is enabled for the downloads, so toggling it on or off won't have an effect on when the app starts.

If you have trouble downloading mods, it's probably worth unchecking it and trying it again.

So woke up today to problem happening again though this time i notice something...the first time i run launcher,double click,it takes a long long time to load,about a minute.If i try to RE OPEN(this is when task manager states it IS running already ) THATS when i get these errors...

it seems yesterday i was getting these errors because launcher WAS infact running (task manager says) but it didnt pop up and any time after that i tried to open it i guess it was throwing those errors because it was open,but ofcourse it wasnt open on desktop or anywhere visible.

Thats quite odd,both the errors and tme it takes to open.Previous versions opened in 5 seconds.

Sorry for the confusion i hope its ok now.

SO ...To sum it up the only issue was that i was trying to open multiple instances of the launcher at same time.Very simple .I doubt its taking this long for others launcher to open it may infact be something on my PC causing issue,rest of PC applications are fine though.

So woke up today to problem happening again though this time i notice something...the first time i run launcher,double click,it takes a long long time to load,about a minute.If i try to RE OPEN(this is when task manager states it IS running already ) THATS when i get these errors...

it seems yesterday i was getting these errors because launcher WAS infact running (task manager says) but it didnt pop up and any time after that i tried to open it i guess it was throwing those errors because it was open,but ofcourse it wasnt open on desktop or anywhere visible.

Thats quite odd,both the errors and tme it takes to open.Previous versions opened in 5 seconds.

Sorry for the confusion i hope its ok now.

SO ...To sum it up the only issue was that i was trying to open multiple instances of the launcher at same time.Very simple .I doubt its taking this long for others launcher to open it may infact be something on my PC causing issue,rest of PC applications are fine though.

It makes sense to have that problem with multiple instances running. one would try to download the database, while another one would have it open. It's not a very big file, so it shouldn't take very long to download. But I suppose that probably depends on a lot of factors, like bandwidth, congestion, filtering, etc

It makes sense to have that problem with multiple instances running. one would try to download the database, while another one would have it open. It's not a very big file, so it shouldn't take very long to download. But I suppose that probably depends on a lot of factors, like bandwidth, congestion, filtering, etc

Yeah i had been having a slower internet yesterday as the internet in this country is appalling at times and alot of the time they block sites off completely,even my VPN.

Glad its figured out and it was something simple.I had one question though,is it ok to run 7days to die from the Nexus mod manager after i have booted up mod launcher and compiled those mods,then closed launcher?

Im trying to use a mod from nexus and it only loads if i boot game directly from the Nexus launcher.I assume its ok rite?

Yeah i had been having a slower internet yesterday as the internet in this country is appalling at times and alot of the time they block sites off completely,even my VPN.

Glad its figured out and it was something simple.I had one question though,is it ok to run 7days to die from the Nexus mod manager after i have booted up mod launcher and compiled those mods,then closed launcher?

Im trying to use a mod from nexus and it only loads if i boot game directly from the Nexus launcher.I assume its ok rite?

I have no issue with that. You do whatever works for you :)

This seems like steamdcmd is caching something. A full re-install of the mod launcher didn't work? If you uninstalled, and looked in the folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\, does the SphereII Software folder still exist? if so, delete, and re-try. maybe the mod launcher needs to clean up after itself better.

Everything was deleted. So thinking maybe it was just gonna take awhile, I have had the mod launcher now trying to download/install Darkness Falls Experimental now for 7 hours. Its stuck on refreshing Mods and there is something about Performing Full Clone.

Everything was deleted. So thinking maybe it was just gonna take awhile, I have had the mod launcher now trying to download/install Darkness Falls Experimental now for 7 hours. Its stuck on refreshing Mods and there is something about Performing Full Clone.

A Full Clone for Darkness Falls is probably around 3G. If you click on the button with the three Dots, it'll open up the folder. Can you check the size of the TempMods folder? Do you have SSL checked? If so, you may want to uncheck it, and try a full clone again.

A Full Clone for Darkness Falls is probably around 3G. If you click on the button with the three Dots, it'll open up the folder. Can you check the size of the TempMods folder? Do you have SSL checked? If so, you may want to uncheck it, and try a full clone again.

TempFolder says 639 bytes. So nothing got downloaded. SSL is unchecked.

Sphereii im trying to update Sphereii core and i get an error when updating in launcher.

"couldnt convert " into a number". Its an SVN error

Your core and NPC dialogue mods wont update,i often have problems with the launcher downlaoding them.DMT NPC mod updated to 1.71 and they update ok(check version number in mod folder) but launcher still tags them with the word update,in orange to the left hand side of their list.

Is is ok/better to delete sphererii core and npc dialogue and download from github,and manually place them into mods folder...then run launcher?

EDIT

nevermind i just deleted from launcher a did fresh download all good now.

Getting the exact error WhiteKnight717 did with the value of '0' not valid for SelectedIndex. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and cleaned/deleted, then restarted again with no luck. I also have an old installer for version 2.1.4, which works flawlessly but as soon as I try to update to any new version I get the selectedindex error. Following any of the above given solutions has been a dead end for me, and nothing has worked.

Getting the exact error WhiteKnight717 did with the value of '0' not valid for SelectedIndex. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and cleaned/deleted, then restarted again with no luck. I also have an old installer for version 2.1.4, which works flawlessly but as soon as I try to update to any new version I get the selectedindex error. Following any of the above given solutions has been a dead end for me, and nothing has worked.

Have you tried 2.1.11? I added in some extra debug information in the log file that might be helpful.

I did indeed, just before posting. Tell me what you need and I'll post it here.

I'm guessing this:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/26/2019 10:00:54 AM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: c:\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading c:/steam\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamApps\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: code = Corrupt (11), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007EF): database disk image is malformed

database disk image is malformed

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at _7D2DLauncher.sqllite.ExecuteQuery(String strQuery, String myDatabase) in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\sqllite.cs:line 116

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.LoadAlphaList() in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 4087

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.11.18126

final edit note: the sqlite file is 1908k and ive tried directly replacing it, made no difference

Edited by Metawolf (see edit history)

I did indeed, just before posting. Tell me what you need and I'll post it here.

I'm guessing this:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/26/2019 10:00:54 AM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: c:\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading c:/steam\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamApps\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: code = Corrupt (11), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007EF): database disk image is malformed

database disk image is malformed

at _7D2DLauncher.sqllite.ExecuteQuery(String strQuery, String myDatabase) in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\sqllite.cs:line 116

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.LoadAlphaList() in C:\Users\jkilpatrick\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 4087

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.11.18126

final edit note: the sqlite file is 1908k and ive tried directly replacing it, made no difference

So much for the debug code getting put in. Can you close the mod launcher, than delete the database file? Then try to restart it?

Correct, although I can grab the link you posted for white and download it and install it manually, it still doesnt work, almost like its looking in the wrongplace, or at the wrong file.

Also checked the registry entries which just shows AutoUpdater and an entry for ProgramMenuFolder

Edited by Metawolf (see edit history)