The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Sorry I tried doing what you suggested and have not got it yet. I am rather computer savvy but a novice at modding. I created a shortcut and looked to "and adding -configfile= as a parameter" and nothing was evident. Isn't there a way to change the modlauncher so it doesn't look to update anything? For those of us that had no problem with the our current version of the game we don't need to update.

Edited by r1cochet (see edit history)

Sorry I tried doing what you suggested and have not got it yet. I am rather computer savvy but a novice at modding. I created a shortcut and looked to "and adding -configfile= as a parameter" and nothing was evident. Isn't there a way to change the modlauncher so it doesn't look to update anything? For those of us that had no problem with the our current version of the game we don't need to update.

Next release, in the next 15 minutes, should get you going again.

i updated to the newest version of the mod launcher and i got this message [ATTACH=CONFIG]30659[/ATTACH] anyone else get this, i know this is a False positive last versionb didnt trigger avast like this

The build machines for the mod launcher is safe and secure. I'm guessing this is a false positive; I have never seen anything triggered.

ya thats what im guessing, Avast seems to be doing it, though my other machine thats using bitdefender isnt affected by this, but it might be a good idea to check avast false positive form, i'll report it as a false positive as well so they hopefully fix the issue.

ya thats what im guessing, Avast seems to be doing it, though my other machine thats using bitdefender isnt affected by this, but it might be a good idea to check avast false positive form, i'll report it as a false positive as well so they hopefully fix the issue.

Thank you. It's a never ending struggle. The mod launcher downloads stuff for you, which can contain DLLs, so it's no surprise that anti-virus programs don't like it. Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast.

Thank you. It's a never ending struggle. The mod launcher downloads stuff for you, which can contain DLLs, so it's no surprise that anti-virus programs don't like it. Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast.

just got a email back from them and they white listed the application, yays

Having a really weird issue with the launcher and downloading the new darkness falls version for 18. It seems to get stuck on actually downloading it. I had it going for an hour at one point and just kept doing the pre sync thing. So I then tried downloading A18 stable via the launcher and it got 16.4 instead. I have deleted anything mod launcher related several times and the issue continues. I had a couple of others try as well, same thing happened with them. I ended up having to make a copy if my steam install and add Darkness Falls that way to check it out. Not sure if this is something on my end or something else going on since its been a few days since the Khaine put the update out and no one else is reporting this. I didn't see anything in the logs either that would help, but if you need it, I can get you it.

Having a really weird issue with the launcher and downloading the new darkness falls version for 18. It seems to get stuck on actually downloading it. I had it going for an hour at one point and just kept doing the pre sync thing. So I then tried downloading A18 stable via the launcher and it got 16.4 instead. I have deleted anything mod launcher related several times and the issue continues. I had a couple of others try as well, same thing happened with them. I ended up having to make a copy if my steam install and add Darkness Falls that way to check it out. Not sure if this is something on my end or something else going on since its been a few days since the Khaine put the update out and no one else is reporting this. I didn't see anything in the logs either that would help, but if you need it, I can get you it.

It downloaded 16.4? I see in the Darkness Falls Configuration that Darkness Falls needs 17.4, while the experimental needs the latest version.

I have an issue with the launcher i was getting errors loading(though it still worked and so did mods),so i followed advice and uninstalled it.Now when i reinstall its i get more errors and cannot even open the launcher at all....

I get a box pop up on screen with the error...."error starting application,system argument out of range exception value of 0 is not valid for selectindex"

and alot more stuff. Im unable to copy and paste it.Again i cant even open the launcher to clear anything,uninstalling and reinstalling causes same error.

Whats wrong with it? was working fine before.

I have an issue with the launcher i was getting errors loading(though it still worked and so did mods),so i followed advice and uninstalled it.Now when i reinstall its i get more errors and cannot even open the launcher at all....

I get a box pop up on screen with the error...."error starting application,system argument out of range exception value of 0 is not valid for selectindex"

and alot more stuff. Im unable to copy and paste it.Again i cant even open the launcher to clear anything,uninstalling and reinstalling causes same error.

Whats wrong with it? was working fine before.

The selected index error means it could not download the database to display mod information. I imagine without that database, the entire application would be unstable. Are you running any firewall or anti-virus that may prevent it?

The selected index error means it could not download the database to display mod information. I imagine without that database, the entire application would be unstable. Are you running any firewall or anti-virus that may prevent it?

I am not,i use microsoft defender but it is off . Im using a VPN,and nothing else i can think would cause interference at all.It worked ok before,so this is strange.

I am not,i use microsoft defender but it is off . Im using a VPN,and nothing else i can think would cause interference at all.It worked ok before,so this is strange.

I'm wondering if the VPN is filtering out its connection.

Try this and see if it helps:

1) Download directly: https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/Database/blob/master/ModLauncher.sqlite?raw=true

2) Open up explorer to %TMP%, and save the file there. Re-open the mod launcher.

I'm wondering if the VPN is filtering out its connection.

Try this and see if it helps:

1) Download directly: https://github.com/7D2DModLauncher/Database/blob/master/ModLauncher.sqlite?raw=true

2) Open up explorer to %TMP%, and save the file there. Re-open the mod launcher.

when i click this link it downlaods a Modlauncher.sqlite , if i try to open it i am unable to...if you are implying i open it in %tmp% folder(if i can) how do i do that?

Just to reiterate ,this direct download you link is not the mod launcher file i was downloading before from github : http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

sorry for confusion can you explain it again? And i already attempted the process with VPN off,i still have the error.If it helps,im living in China rite now and there is a famous "great firewall of china" thing here,but previous installs were ok. Dont know if its relevant.

when i click this link it downlaods a Modlauncher.sqlite , if i try to open it i am unable to...if you are implying i open it in %tmp% folder(if i can) how do i do that?

Just to reiterate ,this direct download you link is not the mod launcher file i was downloading before from github : http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

sorry for confusion can you explain it again? And i already attempted the process with VPN off,i still have the error.If it helps,im living in China rite now and there is a famous "great firewall of china" thing here,but previous installs were ok. Dont know if its relevant.

Sorry for the confusion.

The download link points to a file that the mod launcher downloads every time it starts. It contains all the mod information you need. it sounds like the VPN may be blocking it, but I'm not sure why.

Download the file, but you won't be able to open it. That is fine. Click on your Start menu, or hit your Windows key, and type in %tmp%

This should open up an Explorer window. Copy the downloaded file here, and then re-start the mod launcher.

Sorry for the confusion.

The download link points to a file that the mod launcher downloads every time it starts. It contains all the mod information you need. it sounds like the VPN may be blocking it, but I'm not sure why.

Download the file, but you won't be able to open it. That is fine. Click on your Start menu, or hit your Windows key, and type in %tmp%

This should open up an Explorer window. Copy the downloaded file here, and then re-start the mod launcher.

I understand,i did it and unfortunately it doesnt work still.I get the same error...I had logged out of VPN before downloading too

I understand,i did it and unfortunately it doesnt work still.I get the same error...I had logged out of VPN before downloading too

After reproducing the error, can you click on View Log, then click on Upload Log file in the new screen? This should give you a pastebin.com link to share with me.

How do i click on view log? clicking on error window does nothing i can only select ok or X out of it.

Okay, let's grab the file manually.

In the same folder as you had copied the database into, %TMP%, there should be a 7D2DLauncher.txt

That's the log file. You can try to attach it to a post.

Okay, let's grab the file manually.

In the same folder as you had copied the database into, %TMP%, there should be a 7D2DLauncher.txt

That's the log file. You can try to attach it to a post.

sure but its 48000 characters long and i can only post 10000 here

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Is Network deployed? False

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.9.15529

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain -

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 2:31:39 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: h:\steam3\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading h:/steam3\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Remote Server:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Done reading remote server list.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download Database from Primary

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Logo: System.Drawing.Bitmap

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdater

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdaterDotNET.UpdateInfoEventArgs

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdater: Update Available

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.9.15529

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 4:00:39 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: h:\steam3\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading h:/steam3\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: D:\\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - AutoUpdater: Update Available

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Current Mod Launcher Version: 2.1.10.29072

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 4:02:05 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 4:03:11 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 8:26:20 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 11/20/2019 8:37:21 PM

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: code = Error (1), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007BF): SQL logic error

no such table: AlphaDirectory

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)

at _7D2DLauncher.sqllite.ExecuteQuery(String strQuery, String myDatabase) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\sqllite.cs:line 116

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.LoadAlphaList() in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 4046

enough info?

It downloaded 16.4? I see in the Darkness Falls Configuration that Darkness Falls needs 17.4, while the experimental needs the latest version.

You would b correct on that, but I was trying to download the experimental version that came out the other day. That was the never ending presync. I was gonna work around it by downloading another version of 18 via the mod launcher and manually applying Darkness Falls experimental. That is where the 16.4 came from. So basically, Latest Version is downloading 16.4 and Darkness Falls Experimental is never actually downloading it seems.

• Crater Creator changed the title to The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die