The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

After excluding a bunch of folders and URLs related to 7dtd from bitdefender, I redownloaded and installed HDHQ and all of its modlets. It was a complete success, and seemed to work as intended.

However, I tried the same thing for Darkness falls, but it did not seem to work. https://pastebin.com/8ZcDQbpz

I don't see any errors with that log. In what way did it fail?

I can't find any of the features from Darkness Falls in the game. My backpack and crafting queue are not expanded, titanium and scrap tools aren't in the cheat menu, there are no UI changes, etc.

Also, how do I play with both Darkness Falls and HDHQ at the same time? The mod pages say they are compatible, which seems to imply that they can both be active at the same time

Edited by Emblin (see edit history)

I can't find any of the features from Darkness Falls in the game. My backpack and crafting queue are not expanded, titanium and scrap tools aren't in the cheat menu, there are no UI changes, etc.

Also, how do I play with both Darkness Falls and HDHQ at the same time? The mod pages say they are compatible, which seems to imply that they can both be active at the same time

Let's get Darkness Falls installed, then we can go over how to install the HDHQ modlet into it.

Can you re-launch Darkness Falls mod, and start a new game? Once it's started, you can close the program. Back in the Mod Launcher, click on View -> Log Files, and select the output_log.txt in the drop down box, and click on Upload Log file. Copy the pastebin.com link here, and we'll see what happened.

Is Direct Download checked? If so, uncheck ,and try again.

I am currently redownloading Darkness Falls without direct download, but judging by the speed of things, it may take upwards of 5 hours like before.

I am currently redownloading Darkness Falls without direct download, but judging by the speed of things, it may take upwards of 5 hours like before.

I won't be able to do much about the speed you are experiencing, other than hope that the initial download is the one that takes the most time, and from this point forward, it should be much faster.

I won't be able to do much about the speed you are experiencing, other than hope that the initial download is the one that takes the most time, and from this point forward, it should be much faster.

For some reason my downloading picked up speed by like 10,000%, and it's already finished. I loaded the game up and it worked! The mod is now clearly active in my game!

Now that DF is out of the way, how do I play both HDHQ and DF at the same time?

For some reason my downloading picked up speed by like 10,000%, and it's already finished. I loaded the game up and it worked! The mod is now clearly active in my game!

Now that DF is out of the way, how do I play both HDHQ and DF at the same time?

Great news.

Click on Manage Modlets, and filter by DUST2DEATH, and you should fine what you are looking for. I'm not sure which modlets are compatible with Darkness Falls though. There's a few to pick from.

Great news.

Click on Manage Modlets, and filter by DUST2DEATH, and you should fine what you are looking for. I'm not sure which modlets are compatible with Darkness Falls though. There's a few to pick from.

I've played around 4 hours of this with the mods, as well as a whole bunch of modlets, and I haven't encountered any issues since! Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it!

I've played around 4 hours of this with the mods, as well as a whole bunch of modlets, and I haven't encountered any issues since! Thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it!

Sorry for the frustration you had experienced, and I hope you enjoy your play through.

Seems like the root cause of the issue was Bit Defender.

Very sorry for the delay.

The log file looks clean. Can you post a log from a failed launch? Same process, start the game and let it fail, and go back into the View -> Log Files. There's a drop down box there to change it to output_log.txt.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like an interesting issue. There may have been left over changes in their steam folder. If you uninstall through steam, I don't think it removes files that were placed there outside of the game. You may have to manually delete the 7 Days To Die folder, then re-validate in Steam to fix it.

Very sorry for the delay.

The log file looks clean. Can you post a log from a failed launch? Same process, start the game and let it fail, and go back into the View -> Log Files. There's a drop down box there to change it to output_log.txt.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like an interesting issue. There may have been left over changes in their steam folder. If you uninstall through steam, I don't think it removes files that were placed there outside of the game. You may have to manually delete the 7 Days To Die folder, then re-validate in Steam to fix it.

but it NEVER stop.. that the problem.. if i keep it going.. it will go for many hours.. i have never seen it stop..

I have to stop it my self to see if it ok..

You can see that pic what i see.. and maby that will help you.. to help me.. :)

1433428463_7DTDpic.jpg.e4f3a2415619f57af01df35707eaaf90.jpg

but it NEVER stop.. that the problem.. if i keep it going.. it will go for many hours.. i have never seen it stop..

I have to stop it my self to see if it ok..

You can see that pic what i see.. and maby that will help you.. to help me.. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28765[/ATTACH]

Can you click on the View menu, then Log files? In that screen, click on Upload Log file and give me the pastebin.com link.

Yes, but I have released a new version since, which may give a hint on what the issue is.

Itryed a new thing.. delete all 7 Days to Die folders..

I uninstall the mod launcher and all the games i have tryed to install...

then I uninstall the game 7Days to Die in steam and all my save games...

i seach for all folders that have somthing with 7D2D to do and delete it so i have nothing on my PC..

I install the game from steam again and then the mod launcher.. i tryed again.. still dont work.. then the new modlauncher version comes.. and i try again.. and when i puch Pre-Sync Mod.. its start again.. and in the botton it sys..

Download Status: Syncing Files: 61 of 3577 and it start on Bytes: 203586197 .. and going up..

30 min. later its on 77 of 3577.. damn this is going to take days to daowload.. :(

I think i will go see a movie.. and then after 3 hours.. see how long its gone.. :D

is there really 3577 files in DF_Experimental.. that take sooo long to download.. ?

My internet speed is..: 300 Mbps.. :)

Omg.. by accident i close the Modlauncher.. when i start the Pre-Sync Mod again.. its start from the beginning.. sه back to.. 61 of 3577 files.. just lost 45 min downloading.. :(

the old Modlauncher worked fine.. love to play the Mods there.. but now.. if the download starts.. it takes so long time to download files.. that the new Playstation 11 will be out faster lol :D

Edited by Dّller (see edit history)

Itryed a new thing.. delete all 7 Days to Die folders..

I uninstall the mod launcher and all the games i have tryed to install...

then I uninstall the game 7Days to Die in steam and all my save games...

i seach for all folders that have somthing with 7D2D to do and delete it so i have nothing on my PC..

I install the game from steam again and then the mod launcher.. i tryed again.. still dont work.. then the new modlauncher version comes.. and i try again.. and when i puch Pre-Sync Mod.. its start again.. and in the botton it sys..

Download Status: Syncing Files: 61 of 3577 and it start on Bytes: 203586197 .. and going up..

30 min. later its on 77 of 3577.. damn this is going to take days to daowload.. :(

I think i will go see a movie.. and then after 3 hours.. see how long its gone.. :D

is there really 3577 files in DF_Experimental.. that take sooo long to download.. ?

My internet speed is..: 300 Mbps.. :)

Omg.. by accident i close the Modlauncher.. when i start the Pre-Sync Mod again.. its start from the beginning.. sه back to.. 61 of 3577 files.. just lost 45 min downloading.. :(

the old Modlauncher worked fine.. love to play the Mods there.. but now.. if the download starts.. it takes so long time to download files.. that the new Playstation 11 will be out faster lol :D

Definitely strange. I'll look into alternative ways for the git to work. I use a third party library for the downloading ,and it hasn't changed in a long time. Do you remember when it worked better for you?

Definitely strange. I'll look into alternative ways for the git to work. I use a third party library for the downloading ,and it hasn't changed in a long time. Do you remember when it worked better for you?

After I uninstall all of them.. and install them again..

presh the Pre-Sync Mod and after hours.. it was done and i push Play.. and it worked ;)

to make it done.. i need to have 3 modlauncher open.. the first i push Play.. when that was loading.. I push Pre-sync mod again.. and at the play again.. and it worked :D

so Im Happy Now.. sad i have to delete all same games.. but now i can play it :)

Man i got to say i downloaded your launcher i heard about it on the wire from Skippy & Kage848 they said to try it out look's like you have poored your heart and soul into this i am very happy to have downloaded it what is True Survive listed under is it the Survive Enter At Your Own Risk ?

Man i got to say i downloaded your launcher i heard about it on the wire from Skippy & Kage848 they said to try it out look's like you have poored your heart and soul into this i am very happy to have downloaded it what is True Survive listed under is it the Survive Enter At Your Own Risk ?

Thank you for your kind words.

True Survival is on A16.

Survive Enter At Your Own Risk is a different mod altogether. It's been rebranded and modified from Welcome To Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

After I uninstall all of them.. and install them again..

presh the Pre-Sync Mod and after hours.. it was done and i push Play.. and it worked ;)

to make it done.. i need to have 3 modlauncher open.. the first i push Play.. when that was loading.. I push Pre-sync mod again.. and at the play again.. and it worked :D

so Im Happy Now.. sad i have to delete all same games.. but now i can play it :)

This is a very strange configuration. I'd like to keep you in mind when I'm ready for an experimental version of the Mod Launcher, and see if you'd be willing to re-test using it, to see if it has resolved your issue.

Survival enter at your own risk is Remodified Welcome to hell mod I've revamped and added some things that I thought Most players enjoyed from Alpha 16 And add A bit more variety of modlets from the Modding community The only Modifications I can take credit for are the Vanilla edits of the XML files that I did myself I am NOT taking Credit for any of the modlets added into this mod All Credits go to The modding community for all their hard work in making 7 days to die an enjoyable game to play Also Compliments go to TFP for Creating 7 days to die and allowing the community to mod the game I did not want to Update Welcome to hell mod Since recently there's been talk of alpha 18 coming out soon,

Welcome to Hell And this mod WILL be updated in alpha 18 Welcome to hell will be the hard core survival style mod And This mod Will be The lighter version And a bit more easier version I don't want people rage quitting On welcome to hell I decided to make this mod A bit more easier Hope you enjoy!

If you have more questions feel free to Email me at : [email protected] and i will reply as soon as i can!

Edited by unforgiven254 (see edit history)