The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

New Update: 2.1.2

- Fast load times

- More responsive Modlets screen

- Off-line support

- More reliable Modlet views

Rather than indexing the mods on mod launcher indexing, which was causing significant slow downs, it now downloads a database to populate this data. I'm generating this database now, which also includes available modlets.

The Installed Mods will show non-Mod Launcher installs as best as it can. If you manually make a copy of a mod, it'll attempt to show it.

The RSS feed has been changed; Joel's blog hasn't been getting updates, so we've changed it to show the 7 Days to Die Twitter feed instead. Note: This only shows posts by that twitter account, not tweets to it.

Manage Modlets screen uses the same database as the mod launcher, for improvement responsiveness. No need to click on the Refresh button now to re-index.

We've split the Modlets into profiles: Alpha 17 and Alpha 18. This does not mean that Alpha 17 modlets no longer work; however, we wanted to filter some of the ones that may or may not work. If you have a modlet that is showing up under Alpha 17 but not Alpha 18, let me know.

Since the mod launcher reads from a database, it should be possible to play the mods off-line now.

Let me know how things go, and if there are any problems with this update.

Edited by sphereii (see edit history)

Using Steam Version, this only started happening after the latest update to the launcher. No problems before.

Can you provide a log?

Once you reproduce the problem, click on the View menu, then Log File. Click on Upload Log file, and send me the pastebin.com link it gives you.

so it fixed that error but now i get a object reference not set to an instance of an object error

- - - Updated - - -

https://pastebin.com/tK9dhVe7 <---- this is from the error window

https://pastebin.com/5fMkKhZ9 <---- this is from the luancher

It's failing on scanning your mods folder. Do you have a list of Mods in that folder? Any mods manually copied it?

It's failing on scanning your mods folder. Do you have a list of Mods in that folder? Any mods manually copied it?

So i reinstalled 7dtd without mods and then the mod luancher. im still getting the same error

This is a great tool! but i was wondering if there was a way to download a server modpack, like a collection ive placed on github to make it easier for my players to download the whole set of mods dmt's map and other changes, not looking to get it added to the list but with the use of add my mods option. i see that each directory in your github mod example has a modinfo.xml but wouldnt that go to just the mod folders and not like data or 7DaysToDieServer_Data? just confused is all still looking at all the posts for info on these things

This is a great tool! but i was wondering if there was a way to download a server modpack, like a collection ive placed on github to make it easier for my players to download the whole set of mods dmt's map and other changes, not looking to get it added to the list but with the use of add my mods option. i see that each directory in your github mod example has a modinfo.xml but wouldnt that go to just the mod folders and not like data or 7DaysToDieServer_Data? just confused is all still looking at all the posts for info on these things

What it seems like you want is a full fledged mod, that displays in the main mod launcher, without it having displayed for everyone. This uses a different type of configuration file.

Take a look at this example: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/master/Alpha18/sphereiimental.xml

This is an example of a server entry that downloads modlets. The https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7D2DMods/Profiles/master/PerformanceTest.txt in the <Download> section contains the "name" of a modlet that is available through the Manage Modlets section.

You can also specify a github repos to download all the modlets and mods directly. Take a look at this profile, which includes 3 full mods that displayed during Alpha 17: https://github.com/SphereII/7D2DConfig/blob/master/Alpha17/sphereiimental.xml

You can make your own configuration file, then hand that out to your players, using the "raw" link. Your players would click on Open URL, and copy and paste your link. It'll then display the mod for them to download and play, without anyone else having access to it.

I never had a problem until this last update. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

I am prepared to help you in any way, but you haven't answered my questions back to you yet.

Are you getting this error on a previously installed mod, or a fresh copy of a mod?

Ok, probably answered somewhere in this thread, but is there any ways to launch the 7D2D Mod Launcher with the Steam UI, normally we can add any games to steam, but since your launcher isn't a .exe, its not possible to do so with it, I rely on the steam UI to get my FPS in game, I don't want any other FPS indicator or programs.

Ok, probably answered somewhere in this thread, but is there any ways to launch the 7D2D Mod Launcher with the Steam UI, normally we can add any games to steam, but since your launcher isn't a .exe, its not possible to do so with it, I rely on the steam UI to get my FPS in game, I don't want any other FPS indicator or programs.

Sorry for the late reply. You should be able to add it as a non-Steam game, using the exe: C:\Program Files\SphereII Software\7D2D Mod Launcher Installer\7D2DLauncher.exe