The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Sorry for the trouble. GitHub is having problems with some repositories, and some of the launcher repos are affected.

sphereii - can you tell me how to manually load my save that I have set as "save discrete to mod"? I tried launching from the mod directory, but it can't find my save. Seems like the Launcher passes some information to the exe telling it where to find Saved Games?

sphereii - can you tell me how to manually load my save that I have set as "save discrete to mod"? I tried launching from the mod directory, but it can't find my save. Seems like the Launcher passes some information to the exe telling it where to find Saved Games?

you need to run it with a command line parameter: -configfile=serverconfig.xml

you need to run it with a command line parameter: -configfile=serverconfig.xml

Ugh, tried that and still nothing. Here's what I did:

1. Create shortcut to 7DaysToDie.exe on desktop.

2. Modify "Target" field to say: E:\7D2D\Alpha17\Ravenhearst\Ravenhearst_5_4_A17_4_Edition\7DaysToDie.exe -configfile=serverconfig.xml

Ugh, tried that and still nothing. Here's what I did:

1. Create shortcut to 7DaysToDie.exe on desktop.

2. Modify "Target" field to say: E:\7D2D\Alpha17\Ravenhearst\Ravenhearst_5_4_A17_4_Edition\7DaysToDie.exe -configfile=serverconfig.xml

You probably have to put in the full path to the serverconfig.xml in your case. It's in the same folder as 7daystodie.exe

I just restarted the mod launcher, and it loaded without errors. Things look like they are back online for most users.

Thanks sphereii - all working again now!

Quest "Lockpicking" - says to "Upgrade House Front Door 1".

After picking a house front door, it says I need wood to keep going. I have wood.

What is next step in this quest please?

*EDIT* Found it - you have to do the white door.

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

Thanks sphereii - all working again now!

Quest "Lockpicking" - says to "Upgrade House Front Door 1".

After picking a house front door, it says I need wood to keep going. I have wood.

What is next step in this quest please?

*EDIT* Found it - you have to do the white door.

Glad you got it sorted, but not sure which mod you were referencing.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea how you get access to your game saves for modpacks such as BorderlandZ?

Can you clarify what access you are expecting? Pre-existing save files for another copy of BorderlandZ?

Can you clarify what access you are expecting? Pre-existing save files for another copy of BorderlandZ?

You know, like how you can go to AppData and copy and paste a save to make a "backup"? A different way to say the question is: "What is the directory to find my BorderlandZ (which is on a new copy) save game files?"

You know, like how you can go to AppData and copy and paste a save to make a "backup"? A different way to say the question is: "What is the directory to find my BorderlandZ (which is on a new copy) save game files?"

If you have Save All Games Local To Mod checked, then you'll find the files under a Save folder like C:\7D2D\Saves\<ModName>.

If you do not have that checked, they will go into your AppData folder.

Sphereii, firstly I would like to thank you for making our lives so much easier when it comes to installing and managing mods. :) I recently have been having an issue with the launcher. For some reason whenever I exit my game and go back in later to play it makes me redownload the mod as if it wasnt there to begin with. It has done this to me a few times now. Im in the process now I as I type this downloading Darkness Falls again and Im hoping that my save is not corrupt or missing. Do you have any idea why this may be happening?

Sorry if this has been asked before....does this work with Linux, or at least with Wine?

Sorry for the delay. I am not sure if it will work with Wine. It makes assumptions based on path though, and I'm not very familiar with wine.

- - - Updated - - -

Sphereii, firstly I would like to thank you for making our lives so much easier when it comes to installing and managing mods. :) I recently have been having an issue with the launcher. For some reason whenever I exit my game and go back in later to play it makes me redownload the mod as if it wasnt there to begin with. It has done this to me a few times now. Im in the process now I as I type this downloading Darkness Falls again and Im hoping that my save is not corrupt or missing. Do you have any idea why this may be happening?

Sorry for the trouble. Redownload the mod, or does it ask you to re-install the game + mod? Can you post a launcher log file, by clicking on the Log Files button, then the Upload Log File button? I'll need the pastebin.com link.

Sorry for the delay. I am not sure if it will work with Wine. It makes assumptions based on path though, and I'm not very familiar with wine.

<snip>...

Wine emulates the letter-drive format that Windows uses, so that alone would not stop it. Hard coded paths starting with c:\ work just fine. The biggest deal killer I've run into tends to be dot.net framework feature usage, I think there are still some obscure incompatibilities.

I'll give it a shot with Wine and let you know.

The program itself will run under Wine, but installing modlets chokes on a dot.net svn checkout compatibility problem. I might look into that if I have a chance, but I suspect some call related to svn access is not yet implemented on the wine side.

So I tried installing a mod, Taza's Grave. It would not accept the directory for my current 7D2D install, I enter the directory and it just ignores it (in retrospect, it probably did not recognize my existing install because it's the LINUX version of 7D2D and I'm pretty sure it's looking for the Windows version). I had to select Download From Steam. This, however, worked. It appears to use steamcmd or the windows version, whatever that is. It updated steamcmd and then downloaded 7D2D from Steam. And then I realized that it downloads the *Windows* version of 7D2D LOL, so at this point I think I just hit a dead end.

My guess is that this would have to be written to specifically include Linux compatibility before we could use it under Linux. If it wasn't for the dot.net dependency, it might be an easy port, but to make it run natively under Linux you pretty much have to get rid of all of the Windows specific calls. And that requires some good Linux know-how and a butt-ton of time and effort...at this point it's probably not worth the effort.

The program itself will run under Wine, but installing modlets chokes on a dot.net svn checkout compatibility problem. I might look into that if I have a chance, but I suspect some call related to svn access is not yet implemented on the wine side.

So I tried installing a mod, Taza's Grave. It would not accept the directory for my current 7D2D install, I enter the directory and it just ignores it (in retrospect, it probably did not recognize my existing install because it's the LINUX version of 7D2D and I'm pretty sure it's looking for the Windows version). I had to select Download From Steam. This, however, worked. It appears to use steamcmd or the windows version, whatever that is. It updated steamcmd and then downloaded 7D2D from Steam. And then I realized that it downloads the *Windows* version of 7D2D LOL, so at this point I think I just hit a dead end.

My guess is that this would have to be written to specifically include Linux compatibility before we could use it under Linux. If it wasn't for the dot.net dependency, it might be an easy port, but to make it run natively under Linux you pretty much have to get rid of all of the Windows specific calls. And that requires some good Linux know-how and a butt-ton of time and effort...at this point it's probably not worth the effort.

You could replace the Windows version with a local, clean copy of the Linux version. Then go back to the mod launcher and let it manage the mod for you. It may not be able to start it though, but you could create a symlink to start it.

It's no problem. It does ask me to redownload the game and mod. I had to do a fresh install so I reinstalled the launcher, game and mod. I will have to wait till it does it again to upload the log file for you. Strange thing is it's usually good for a few days and than suddenly it will do it again. Btw sorry for the late response back. It's been a long busy last few days for me. I will keep you updated and post the log if it happens again. Thanks

How do I direct the mod launcher to the downloaded mod, in particular War of the Walkers new version?

Thanks

I'm sorry for the delay.

Do you already have a copy of the game + mod, and you'd like for the mod to take over maintenance of it? This can be a bit tricky, as the Mod Launcher, when it downloads a mod, keeps some data on the local copy, and remote copy. This tells the mod launcher when to update or not, and it's not really easy to replicate manually.

I cant get the launcher to install on my Win7 PC. I get the error "The windows installer service could not be accessed."[ATTACH=CONFIG]28918[/ATTACH]

I have not heard about this issue before. I did a quick google and you may have to check your Windows Installer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/324516/the-windows-installer-service-could-not-be-accessed-error-message-when

I have not heard about this issue before. I did a quick google and you may have to check your Windows Installer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/324516/the-windows-installer-service-could-not-be-accessed-error-message-when

I tried several of those options from a diff site and they didnt help. I can try some of the extra solutions on the site you linked.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i've been trying to install WOTW on my fresh install of 7d2d for the last two days now with no luck. I've went through about 3 clean installs of 7d2d and the mod launcher. Basically what happens is I install the mod, pre-sync and leave it to do its thing, and then when I press "Play Mod" it just takes me to a vanilla version of the game and freezes on "loading blocks" in the main menu like a mod was never installed. It did this for ravenhearst too, not just WOTW. i'm at my wits end, all I want to do is play with mods. Any help?

I tried running the game as admin, disable SSL, but it always brings me to the vanilla game and freeze on "loading blocks", any insight would be awesome! Been wanting to play 7d2d with mods for a while now :)

Hey, i've been trying to install WOTW on my fresh install of 7d2d for the last two days now with no luck. I've went through about 3 clean installs of 7d2d and the mod launcher. Basically what happens is I install the mod, pre-sync and leave it to do its thing, and then when I press "Play Mod" it just takes me to a vanilla version of the game and freezes on "loading blocks" in the main menu like a mod was never installed. It did this for ravenhearst too, not just WOTW. i'm at my wits end, all I want to do is play with mods. Any help?

I tried running the game as admin, disable SSL, but it always brings me to the vanilla game and freeze on "loading blocks", any insight would be awesome! Been wanting to play 7d2d with mods for a while now :)

Sorry for the trouble.

Can you try to do another install, and when it's installed and you re-run it, go back to the Mod Launcher and click on View -> Log Files, then click on Upload Log file. This will give you a pastebin.com URL with a log file of any errors. If you can send me that link, I'll take a look.

• Crater Creator changed the title to The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die