The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

After the update i get the following message (below) and the app closes after getting this popup -Untitled.jpg.b9978349713beba4947f1275d7757a11.jpg

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.AutoUpdaterOnCheckForUpdateEvent(UpdateInfoEventArgs args) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 176

at AutoUpdaterDotNET.AutoUpdater.BackgroundWorkerOnRunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs runWorkerCompletedEventArgs)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.7.3416.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

7D2DLauncher

Assembly Version: 2.0.83.36187

Win32 Version: 2.0.83.36187

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/7D2DLauncher.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

log4net

Assembly Version: 2.0.8.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.8.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/log4net.DLL

System.Net.Http

Assembly Version: 4.1.1.3

Win32 Version: 4.6.26907.01

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/System.Net.Http.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

AutoUpdater.NET

Assembly Version: 1.4.11.0

Win32 Version: 1.4.11.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

SharpConfig

Assembly Version: 3.2.7.0

Win32 Version: 3.2.7.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/SharpConfig.DLL

System.ServiceModel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

After the update i get the following message (below) and the app closes after getting this popup -[ATTACH=CONFIG]28553[/ATTACH]

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.AutoUpdaterOnCheckForUpdateEvent(UpdateInfoEventArgs args) in C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\GitHub\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 176

at AutoUpdaterDotNET.AutoUpdater.BackgroundWorkerOnRunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs runWorkerCompletedEventArgs)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

7D2DLauncher

Assembly Version: 2.0.83.36187

Win32 Version: 2.0.83.36187

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/7D2DLauncher.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

log4net

Assembly Version: 2.0.8.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.8.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/log4net.DLL

System.Net.Http

Assembly Version: 4.1.1.3

Win32 Version: 4.6.26907.01

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/System.Net.Http.DLL

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.7.3362.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

AutoUpdater.NET

Assembly Version: 1.4.11.0

Win32 Version: 1.4.11.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/AutoUpdater.NET.DLL

SharpConfig

Assembly Version: 3.2.7.0

Win32 Version: 3.2.7.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files/SphereII%20Software/7D2D%20Mod%20Launcher%20Installer/SharpConfig.DLL

System.ServiceModel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Sounds like an issue with your connection to the update server (github). Any new anti-virus updates or firewalls?

• 2 weeks later...
Does hitting the 'pre-sync mod' button force the mod launcher to delete all old mod files and re-download/install them all over again ?

It does not delete files that weren't part of the original sync. If a file was removed by the modder, then Pre-sync would remove that file from your local copy on a pre-sync.

If you already have the mod, it'll check to see if all the files are still up to date, and will re-download the ones that are not.

hello, sorry if that reply was post so late but im got the same problem and occur because im make a fresh install to the 7dtd game and tried to install a mod whit the mod launcher.

my solution was start the game at least one time before use the mod launcher whit that steam install two things and that make the mod launcher works correctly again.

sorry for mi bad english is not mi natural language but whit be helpfull for someone.

hello, sorry if that reply was post so late but im got the same problem and occur because im make a fresh install to the 7dtd game and tried to install a mod whit the mod launcher.

my solution was start the game at least one time before use the mod launcher whit that steam install two things and that make the mod launcher works correctly again.

sorry for mi bad english is not mi natural language but whit be helpfull for someone.

Thank you for the tip!

some one ho can tell me why my Mod Launcher dont work any more ?

i tryed to delete the old 7D2D mod launcher and install the new one.. still dont work..

after I install the copy of the game and presh Pre-sync mod or just play mod.. I wait for up to 4 hours and still no game started..

before the update i could play any mods.. but now i cant play any one.. :(

hope some one can help me ?

some one ho can tell me why my Mod Launcher dont work any more ?

i tryed to delete the old 7D2D mod launcher and install the new one.. still dont work..

after I install the copy of the game and presh Pre-sync mod or just play mod.. I wait for up to 4 hours and still no game started..

before the update i could play any mods.. but now i cant play any one.. :(

hope some one can help me ?

Sorry for the trouble. In what was isn't it working?

in this one..:

Darkness fall

Fantasy mod

Ravenhearst

Sorcery

Welcome to hell

Survive Enter At Your Own Risk

BorderlandZ

in them all I first copy install..

then i press the pre-sync mod.. after 1-2 hours I stop it.. close the window down.. start it up the launcher again and press play mod..

that will take me to a normal game

no matter what i do it keep taking me to a normal game.

and I allways stop the Pre-sync mod.. because it will go on for ever.. the most time i have tryed to wait is 5 hours.. and stil it keep going..

when i press the Pre-sync mod botton.. i do nothing else on my computer.. just so nothing goes wrong. and still it never stop.. :(

hope its soon will work...

My 7D2D Mod Launcher version is..: 2.0.83.36187

Edited by Dّller (see edit history)

in this one..:

Darkness fall

Fantasy mod

Ravenhearst

Sorcery

Welcome to hell

Survive Enter At Your Own Risk

BorderlandZ

in them all I first copy install..

then i press the pre-sync mod.. after 1-2 hours I stop it.. close the window down.. start it up the launcher again and press play mod..

that will take me to a normal game

no matter what i do it keep taking me to a normal game.

and I allways stop the Pre-sync mod.. because it will go on for ever.. the most time i have tryed to wait is 5 hours.. and stil it keep going..

when i press the Pre-sync mod botton.. i do nothing else on my computer.. just so nothing goes wrong. and still it never stop.. :(

hope its soon will work...

My 7D2D Mod Launcher version is..: 2.0.83.36187

Can you try to do another sync, then go to View -> Log Files, and click on Upload Log file, and send me the pastebin.com link of the log? That might give a hint on what it's doing.

Haev you tried to click on the Disable SSL, then restarted and trying again?

Can you try to do another sync, then go to View -> Log Files, and click on Upload Log file, and send me the pastebin.com link of the log? That might give a hint on what it's doing.

Haev you tried to click on the Disable SSL, then restarted and trying again?

I first tryed with the Disable SSL... nothing happen.. the game never start...

so here is the link...: https://pastebin.com/LERQaeX2

Hello,

This is an issue that I am not sure you will be able to help with, I don't have any logs but maybe you can give some insight on what might be happening. My group of friends and me tried to play Ravenhurst the other night and used the mod launcher to install the mod.

This is the issue we have now after we had installed the mod on all of our computers and were trying to connect we found out when trying to get in the game my computer and one of the other members in our group could not even join the game.(Friend would crash and mine would get stuck on waiting on server). We then decided to go back to vanilla, however one of our group did not uninstall the mod first and when he joined the game (random gen) he would have floating objects (such as trees) and would only be visble on their screen unless he destroyed the object. After deleting and uinstalling the mod launcher, 7 days to die, and steam itself he would still have this issue in random generated worlds. He did notice that despite him uninstalling everying and the such he still had a third size option for random gen and deleted that from files in hope that would fix it. He has no issues in nazegane but the floating tree's and objects are still an issue in the random generated worlds if we even attempt to play in them.

Thank you for any help.

I first tryed with the Disable SSL... nothing happen.. the game never start...

so here is the link...: https://pastebin.com/LERQaeX2

Very sorry for the delay.

The log file looks clean. Can you post a log from a failed launch? Same process, start the game and let it fail, and go back into the View -> Log Files. There's a drop down box there to change it to output_log.txt.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

This is an issue that I am not sure you will be able to help with, I don't have any logs but maybe you can give some insight on what might be happening. My group of friends and me tried to play Ravenhurst the other night and used the mod launcher to install the mod.

This is the issue we have now after we had installed the mod on all of our computers and were trying to connect we found out when trying to get in the game my computer and one of the other members in our group could not even join the game.(Friend would crash and mine would get stuck on waiting on server). We then decided to go back to vanilla, however one of our group did not uninstall the mod first and when he joined the game (random gen) he would have floating objects (such as trees) and would only be visble on their screen unless he destroyed the object. After deleting and uinstalling the mod launcher, 7 days to die, and steam itself he would still have this issue in random generated worlds. He did notice that despite him uninstalling everying and the such he still had a third size option for random gen and deleted that from files in hope that would fix it. He has no issues in nazegane but the floating tree's and objects are still an issue in the random generated worlds if we even attempt to play in them.

Thank you for any help.

Seems like an interesting issue. There may have been left over changes in their steam folder. If you uninstall through steam, I don't think it removes files that were placed there outside of the game. You may have to manually delete the 7 Days To Die folder, then re-validate in Steam to fix it.

How long is it supposed to take to pre-sync mods such as HDHQ 2k or Darkness Falls? HDHQ literally took 2 hours to pre-sync, and judging by the rate of Darkness Falls' pre-sync, it's going to take at least 5 hours. Am I doing something wrong, or it seriously that slow?

*edit* I have a fast internet connection, so I don't think that is bottlenecking me

Edited by Emblin (see edit history)

How long is it supposed to take to pre-sync mods such as HDHQ 2k or Darkness Falls? HDHQ literally took 2 hours to pre-sync, and judging by the rate of Darkness Falls' pre-sync, it's going to take at least 5 hours. Am I doing something wrong, or it seriously that slow?

*edit* I have a fast internet connection, so I don't think that is bottlenecking me

Sorry for the delay. This seems to be an issue related to some ISPs and GitLab. For some reason, some things get filtered out.

You can try the following:

1) Click on Disable SSL, and try again

2) Click on Direct Download, and disable Refresh Mods Automatically

I am hopelessly confused by this mod loader, it seems to be nothing like any I've ever used in the past. All I'm trying to do is play Darkness Falls with HDHQ at the same time, but I simply can't figure it out.

Disabling SSL allowed me to pre-sync both HDHQ and DF in under 3 seconds, but one of my HDHQ modlets took an hour to download, while the other modlets were instant. I also can't figure out how to actually play with either mod. I click on "starting splash screen", and under "installed mods" I see both mods. If I click "play" on Darkness Falls, it's just a vanilla game with it's own set of saves. If I click "play" on HDHQ, it's just a vanilla game with an entirely different set of saves. I've watched the tutorial videos, and yet they don't seem to fix my problems :upset:

I am hopelessly confused by this mod loader, it seems to be nothing like any I've ever used in the past. All I'm trying to do is play Darkness Falls with HDHQ at the same time, but I simply can't figure it out.

Disabling SSL allowed me to pre-sync both HDHQ and DF in under 3 seconds, but one of my HDHQ modlets took an hour to download, while the other modlets were instant. I also can't figure out how to actually play with either mod. I click on "starting splash screen", and under "installed mods" I see both mods. If I click "play" on Darkness Falls, it's just a vanilla game with it's own set of saves. If I click "play" on HDHQ, it's just a vanilla game with an entirely different set of saves. I've watched the tutorial videos, and yet they don't seem to fix my problems :upset:

Sounds like the mods didn't download.

Can you unchecked disable ssl, and retry? After that's done, click on the view menu, then log files. Click on the upload log and send me the pastebin.com link it gives you

When hitting play for Darkness Falls: https://pastebin.com/FQhbGb08

When hitting play for HDHQ: https://pastebin.com/HNxnngB9

When playing HDHQ, I actually found a few changes made by the mod. The ground and flower textures were the same, but certain trees looked different and there was a new plant. It seems I'm only getting some features?

*edit* I do have HDHQ modlets installed; that may be why I'm getting some HDHQ changes but not others

Edited by Emblin (see edit history)

When hitting play for Darkness Falls: https://pastebin.com/FQhbGb08

When hitting play for HDHQ: https://pastebin.com/HNxnngB9

When playing HDHQ, I actually found a few changes made by the mod. The ground and flower textures were the same, but certain trees looked different and there was a new plant. It seems I'm only getting some features?

*edit* I do have HDHQ modlets installed; that may be why I'm getting some HDHQ changes but not others

Yes, your downloads were interrupted by something. Do you have any anti-virus or firewall software that the mod launcher may need to be whitelisted with?

Are those Coyping steps for Mods like Ravenhearst on every press on Play neccessary?

Copying folder \TempMods\jaxteller718\rh_5_4_17_4_client.git\Data ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\jaxteller718\rh_5_4_17_4_client.git\Mods ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\jaxteller718\rh_5_4_17_4_client.git\Data\Prefabs ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\jaxteller718\rh_5_4_17_4_client.git\7DaysToDie_Data ...

Copying is done.

Checking for SDX...

No Scripts or Patches found. Not running SDX.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

Takes like 5min for me

Are those Coyping steps for Mods like Ravenhearst on every press on Play neccessary?

Copying folder \TempMods\jaxteller718\rh_5_4_17_4_client.git\Data ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\jaxteller718\rh_5_4_17_4_client.git\Mods ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\jaxteller718\rh_5_4_17_4_client.git\Data\Prefabs ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\jaxteller718\rh_5_4_17_4_client.git\7DaysToDie_Data ...

Copying is done.

Checking for SDX...

No Scripts or Patches found. Not running SDX.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

Takes like 5min for me

Definitely room for improvements. You should be able to uncheck Refresh Mods Automatically and skip that step.