Facebook comments

friendlyx3

Has anyone else noticed how every single post on Facebook gets flooded with people that hate this game? Shouldn't there be some sort of moderation or something? Critiquing is one thing but most of it just seems like hateful comments. I guess I just feel like the devs should be replying to these comments and sorting things out with these people.

The Facebook comments are mostly made by ignorant and/or imbecile console players, who have nothing else to do than give @%$# to the devs, because they believe the Pimps are solely responsible for the console port failure and their awful lives.

The best thing to do is NOT reply to them, trust me on this one. As Bullet Tooth Tony once said : never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Everytime a jackass is being mean with the Pimps, i tell them to go see the devs, push them aside and show them how things are supposed to be done. I never get further replies after 😉

1 hour ago, Kyonshi said:

The Facebook comments are mostly made by ignorant and/or imbecile console players, who have nothing else to do than give @%$# to the devs, because they believe the Pimps are solely responsible for the console port failure and their awful lives.

The best thing to do is NOT reply to them, trust me on this one. As Bullet Tooth Tony once said : never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Everytime a jackass is being mean with the Pimps, i tell them to go see the devs, push them aside and show them how things are supposed to be done. I never get further replies after 😉

I am ofc just busting your chops lol, but you did in just 2 lines give some good advice and then contradicted yourself :D

2 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

Are you referring to the Public Facebook group? I don't see where it's managed by TFP anywhere. It appears to have been started by SaltyZombies server group.

I wasn't aware there was a separate Facebook page. I'm speaking of the official 7 days to die page: facebook.com/7DaysToDie/

3 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

The Facebook comments are mostly made by ignorant and/or imbecile console players😉

Actually, there seems to be a mixture of console players but also the type of people I was talking about as well. Also I definitely don't intend to defend them anymore by replying. I made that mistake on the steam forums, and then deleted my post.

All I'm saying is I think these "customers" need to be replied to individually. What I've just recently noticed is these art showcases are being turned into hate fests where people literally think that ALL the developers spend their time creating light poles, a cop zombie, and newspaper stands.. and that's it. People are @%$#ed for whatever reason.

If they don't intend to do any PR on their social media platforms maybe it would be best to just disable comments.

2 hours ago, Gamida said:

I am ofc just busting your chops lol, but you did in just 2 lines give some good advice and then contradicted yourself :D

Hahaha yes i know, i thought about this right after i posted and i said damn! 😆 

What i should have said is : dont ever reply to reason them, with logic and factual data. They're definitely too stubborn and entitled to assimilate anything with common sense.

I do reply to some, from time to time, but only to make fun of them. Some stay quiet but others get so triggered, arguing points about that goddamn console port that have been debated and beaten to death and beyond. Its pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

On 4/29/2021 at 12:20 PM, Roland said:

I won't let them do it here so they've got to have somewhere to go.

then why don't we get such news and screenshots, here - on the forum, if it's such a good place?

Why do they transfer news to the forum from some facebook?

What is the reason that developers post first on facebook?

This is one of the reasons why i have become uninterested in this forum now.

The second reason - is a lot of @%$# under each post. Do you have a special excited attitude to human turd there? If you put it even on the forum so that people "use" this "arguments"?

Edited by Crater Creator
profanity filter (see edit history)

On 4/29/2021 at 3:27 PM, n2n1 said:

then why don't we get such news and screenshots, here - on the forum, if it's such a good place?

Why does it matter where it shows up first? <shrug> It gets here quickly and then there is discussion on it-- usually much better caliber of discussion than what you see on Facebook. If you care about seeing the news first more than the conversation that develops around the news then by all means go to FaceBook and enjoy having seen that picture a few minutes before someone else. Then, please enjoy all the comments there as well. It's perfectly okay if you are uninterested in this forum. Sounds like the knowledge that your eyeballs caught sight of the newest screenshot before someone else is what is most important to you. For others it might be that the devs respond here to questions which they don't on FaceBook. 

On 4/29/2021 at 3:27 PM, n2n1 said:

The second reason - is a lot of @%$# under each post. Do you have a special excited attitude to human turd there? If you put it even on the forum so that people "use" this "arguments"?

The turd icon has been gone for a couple of weeks. Sorry that it was offensive to you. It was always meant as a humorous reaction but we noticed more and more from some of our readers that they were taking it as something offensive so it was removed. So with that gone your only consideration is whether good conversation vs a 5 minute headstart on knowing stuff is most important to you. :)

Edited by Crater Creator
quoted post was edited (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Roland said:

/// If you care about seeing the news first more than the conversation that develops around the news then by all means go to FaceBook and enjoy having seen that picture a few minutes before someone else. Then, please enjoy all the comments there as well. ///

....No, of course - i don't care where the news comes first.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Why does it matter where it shows up first? <shrug> It gets here quickly and then there is discussion on it-- usually much better caliber of discussion than what you see on Facebook. If you care about seeing the news first more than the conversation that develops around the news then by all means go to FaceBook and enjoy having seen that picture a few minutes before someone else. Then, please enjoy all the comments there as well. It's perfectly okay if you are uninterested in this forum. Sounds like the knowledge that your eyeballs caught sight of the newest screenshot before someone else is what is most important to you. For others it might be that the devs respond here to questions which they don't on FaceBook. 

The turd icon has been gone for a couple of weeks. Sorry that it was offensive to you. It was always meant as a humorous reaction but we noticed more and more from some of our readers that they were taking it as something offensive so it was removed. So with that gone your only consideration is whether good conversation vs a 5 minute headstart on knowing stuff is most important to you. :)

At first answer the questions that were asked essentially in my post, before we start discussing my preferences ;)

"- What is the reason that developers post first on facebook?"

what about the answer to it? ....of course, if you deign to :)

45 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

I don't care where the news comes first.

But isn't this forum the main platform for developers? Isn't this where all the news should be distributed to secondary places?

Nope. It is one of many outlets. Joel used to maintain his own blog where he gave info and we would share it on the forum. Then he stopped that and for awhile mostly posted here. Then they gravitated back to Twitter and Facebook once they started official pages for them. 

What differentiates this site from others is that the developers talk to the fans here. That isn’t happening anywhere else at present. 

If you don’t really care where it releases first but felt like there was some injustice done because you thought this forum was supposed to be the primary source, then be at ease. That was a mistaken assumption.  There is not one single primary source that the devs care to restrict themselves to. 

16 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

Convenience, reach, simplicity. They know if they post it here, nobody will repost it to Facebook. They’ll have to post it both places. But if they post it to Facebook and Twitter it will get reposted everywhere.

when you craft multiple items do you craft each one singly or do you max the number out to have it all craft at once without babysitting?  The devs naturally flowed to process of least resistance and most efficiency. 

It’s  not an intentional diss on fans or a snub to the readers of this site. They just chose the smarter plan. That’s why. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Hahaha yes i know, i thought about this right after i posted and i said damn! 😆 

What i should have said is : dont ever reply to reason them, with logic and factual data. They're definitely too stubborn and entitled to assimilate anything with common sense.

I do reply to some, from time to time, but only to make fun of them. Some stay quiet but others get so triggered, arguing points about that goddamn console port that have been debated and beaten to death and beyond. Its pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

:D yeah sometimes you KNOW someone is trolling and you KNOW they are just trying to bait someone BUT you just have to get that word in lol

It's like an itch that has to be scratched or it will make you go mad.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Roland said:

///

If you don’t really care but felt like there was some injustice into done because you thought this forum was supposed to be the primary source then be at ease. There is not one single primary source that the devs care to restrict themselves to. 

///

Yes, honestly, that's what I thought...

24 minutes ago, Roland said:

Convenience, reach, simplicity. They know if they post it here, nobody will repost it to Facebook. They’ll have to post it both places. But if they post it to Facebook and Twitter it will get reposted everywhere.

when you craft multiple items do you craft each one singly or do you max the number out to have it all craft at once without babysitting?  The devs naturally flowed to process of least resistance and most efficiency. 

Its’s  not an intentional diss on fans or a snub to the readers of this site. They just chose the smarter plan. That’s why. 

Hey Roland! That's exactly the answer i expected right away..... and not "boo-boo-boo-boo....." - about "how i'm wrong in my preferences"....

If you had answered that way right away, i might have guessed on my own that i was wrong about something.

3 hours ago, n2n1 said:

If you had answered that way right away, i might have guessed on my own that i was wrong about something.

I would never leave something as important as that up to guessing. :p When I want you to realize you're wrong about something I'm crystal clear.... ;)

Yes, I could have ignored all the extra stufff you added to your simple question but I figured that if you only wanted the simple question answered then you would have just asked that question alone and been satisfied. But you wanted me to know how much you hated the turd reaction emoji, and how wrong you felt it was to get information here second, and that you don't come around as often as you used to, etc.

If you bring up more then you get more from me. I'm very accomodating that way. :)

On 4/29/2021 at 1:27 PM, n2n1 said:

The second reason - is a lot of sh*t under each post. Do you have a special excited attitude to human turd there? If you put it even on the forum so that people "use" this "arguments"?

Do not forget about reach.  Here, a tiny portion of people will see the information they put out, almost all of them already own the game.  FB and Twitter allow the team to distribute information to exponentially more people than you can here, many more of them that have not already purchased the game as well.  Basically, FB is a wonderful advertising platform for them as well.  

The forums seem like the official place to focus on for the user - we are mostly interested in information that is consolidated in a single place for ease of access and use.  The devs have to be much more interested in getting information out there to attract attention.