7 Days To Die Coaster Now On Amazon

Hated

On 3/23/2021 at 12:15 PM, BFT2020 said:

A better, non toxic response would just be to say that you don't like it and then move on.

But hey, if you can do better, nobody is stopping you from starting up your own PC gaming software company, developing and putting out an unique game, and then creating merchandise for that game.

Never mind a "toxic post".  A better post from you would've been to not say anything at all.

But hey, if you can create something that never receives ANY criticism at all then nobody is stopping you from doing so.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:10 PM, Roland said:

Agreed!

Unless....you actually tried to type "wouldn't" but were just too lazy to attempt the contraction in your attention grab...

1) You knew what I meant and if you didn't then learn to internet.

2) I simply voiced my opinion on a product based on MY opinion.  Nothing more or less, and I see nothing wrong with that.  And you call THAT an "attention grab"? 

If so, it seems like anyone who says anything negative bad about 7DTD falls into this category with you by your own standards.

But I digress. I appreciate faatal's response.  He (or she) understands that not everyone is going to like it.  Just like any other product on the market.

Edited by Sal (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Sal said:

1) You knew what I meant and if you didn't then learn to internet.

Of course I knew what you meant. But consider that just as your ommission of the n't was not really laziness nor an attention grab, neither is the coaster a lazy attempt at a money grab. I was drawing a parallelism between how you chose to post your criticism with my obvious joke about your mistake. The only difference is that I didn't use the phrase "No offense but..." to precede word choices that were demonstrably a more offensive choice to use than could otherwise be typed. You begged to give no offense and then used words like "terrible" and "using windows paint" and "put little thought" and "money grab". Pray, tell me in all of these phrases exactly how much mindfulness you put into being inoffensive?

21 minutes ago, Sal said:

2) I simply voiced my opinion on a product based on MY opinion.  Nothing more or less, and I see nothing wrong with that.  And you call THAT an "attention grab"?

The attention grab was not in voicing your dislike for the product. I can respect not liking the aesthetics of some merchandise. The attention grab was in using phrases meant to sting while claiming you don't want to offend anyone. There is definitely a less offensive way to state what you said but--- let me guess... you're just a blunt person who doesn't like to sugar coat and tells it like it is, right? Why are the blunt ones also so easily offended when someone calls them out on what their "bluntness" actually is....?

28 minutes ago, Sal said:

If so, it seems like anyone who says anything negative bad about 7DTD falls into this category with you by your own standards.

It's not about saying ANYTHING negative. You had quite a few choices in phrasing you could have used to be critical without drawing attention to your delivery. You sought to offend with the word choices you composed and the reason you got blowback was because you tried to hide it behind a duplicitous claim of not wanting to offend. That is what bothered people-- not that you don't like the coasters.

33 minutes ago, Sal said:

But I digress. I appreciate faatal's response.  He (or she) understands that not everyone is going to like it.  Just like any other product on the market.

Everyone understands that. You think the negative responses to your post are simply people who don't get that not everyone is going to like everything? No. It was your word choices and the lie of your first three words in your post. Period.

Check this out: I don't like the coaster either and don't plan to get one. I don't like how the 7 interacts with the stone axes. It seems too flat against them without enough depth between the layers for my taste. See....I can say that without also publicly accusing the artist of being inept or lazy or TFP of making some kind of cash grab.

It's negative but not a douche move.

40 minutes ago, Roland said:

Check this out: I don't like the coaster either and don't plan to get one. I don't like how the 7 interacts with the stone axes. It seems too flat against them without enough depth between the layers for my taste. See....I can say that without also publicly accusing the artist of being inept or lazy or TFP of making some kind of cash grab.

What, you got something against 7's now? PTSD from all that math, huh? Tsk tsk.

Ya know, if you keep a drink on it like you're supposed to, you won't even notice. ;)

30 minutes ago, Roland said:

Of course I knew what you meant. But consider that just as your ommission of the n't was not really laziness nor an attention grab, neither is the coaster a lazy attempt at a money grab. I was drawing a parallelism between how you chose to post your criticism with my obvious joke about your mistake. The only difference is that I didn't use the phrase "No offense but..." to precede word choices that were demonstrably a more offensive choice to use than could otherwise be typed. You begged to give no offense and then used words like "terrible" and "using windows paint" and "put little thought" and "money grab". Pray, tell me in all of these phrases exactly how much mindfulness you put into being inoffensive?

You're reaching with this, man.  You are looking WAYYY too deep into this.

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

The attention grab was in using phrases meant to sting while claiming you don't want to offend anyone.

Who decides which phrases are "meant to sting" or not?  The writer or the reader? This is all based on interpretation. We're all on the frigging Internet for Christ sakes lol.

41 minutes ago, Roland said:

It's not about saying ANYTHING negative. You had quite a few choices in phrasing you could have used to be critical without drawing attention to your delivery.

Based on how YOU interpreted it.   Just like I interpreted your response.  Which was very condescending and offered nothing to the discussion amd could've been changed with a few choice words itself.

Read above.

49 minutes ago, Roland said:

Can we agree to get back on track here.

I don't like the coaster and some do. That's it lol.

5 minutes ago, Sal said:

You're reaching with this, man.  You are looking WAYYY too deep into this.

So you were being thoughtless in your word usage instead of intentional. Gotcha.

6 minutes ago, Sal said:

Who decides which phrases are "meant to sting" or not?  The writer or the reader? This is all based on interpretation. We're all on the frigging Internet for Christ sakes lol.

You can play off your word choices as meaningless and claim innocence but you know and we know why you used the phrases you did. You even gave the keyboard warrior reason for it: we're on the friggin internet. Pretend if you want that misinterpretation is happening. It's not though and you know it.

10 minutes ago, Sal said:

Based on how YOU interpreted it.   Just like I interpreted your response.  Which was very condescending and offered nothing to the discussion amd could've been changed with a few choice words itself.

Sure. But I freely admit that I'm aggressively calling you out on what everyone knows you were doing. Question is, why can't you just admit that you were actually trying to be offensive even though you prefaced your remarks with the old "No offense but...."

14 minutes ago, Sal said:

Can we agree to get back on track here.

I don't like the coaster and some do. That's it lol.

Well if you would have just led with that statement in the first place there never would have been a derailment. But geez this is the internet right? 

It's cool that you don't like it. It's cool that some people do like it. If you still think that this convo has all been simply because you don't like it then there is no reaching you. I hope the next series is more to your liking but if not, feel free to express your criticism-- just a bit more respectfully if staying on track is actually something you care about. ;)

See, I was trying to end this all in a friendly manner and end it all to get back n track. But your entire response still screams nothing more than "I was wrong but I'm not willing to admit it". 

Believe what you want to believe.  If that helps you sleep at night then by all means continue.  Meanwhile, I'll continue to believe that you will always get aggressive whenever someone mentions even the slightest of negatively toward 7DTD.

Edited by Sal (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, Sal said:

See, I was trying to end this all in a friendly manner and end it all to get back n track. But your entire response still screams nothing more than "I was wrong but I'm not willing to admit it". 

Believe what you want to believe.  If that helps you sleep at night then by all means continue.  Meanwhile, I'll continue to believe that you will always get aggressive whenever someone mentions even the slightest of negatively toward 7DTD.

I don't know about Roland, but I personally am under the impression that you lightly throw words at people you don't know, assuming they, even if we are "on the internet", will be able to read your "inside tone" and not be offended by intrinsically offensive words.

I'll give you some free advice: since you very well know you're on the internet like you said, remember to add more "context words" to convey not only what you mean, but also the tone with which you'd like to convey what you want to say. That'll help you avoid situations like this in the future. :decision:

6 hours ago, bdubyah said:

What, you got something against 7's now? PTSD from all that math, huh? Tsk tsk.

Ya know, if you keep a drink on it like you're supposed to, you won't even notice. ;)

I think it’s mainly that the downward stroke of the seven perfectly aligns with and covers the handle of the stone axe. I would like it better, I think, if the seven were maybe slightly smaller and lowered just a bit so that the handle of the axe it covers could be seen as well. 

Even if covered with a mason jar of coffee,I would know...lol. Having said that, though, I’m really just trying my best not to get aggressive with myself now over my own slight expression of negativity towards 7DTD. 😉

On 4/3/2021 at 7:17 PM, Guppycur said:

Got mine a few minutes ago. It's much much much thinner than I thought. Even holding it, it chipped off the edge a bit. Seems to be made of actual slate.

PXL_20210404_001513618.jpg

PXL_20210404_001619746.jpg

I ordered 2 of them.  One looks great and the other looks like this one.  The screen printing is off.  I was able to get a no-return refund from Amazon and have since ordered a replacement.

To help fund two more games should be the real motivator to buy it, IMO.

Hoping for a non-voxel* New York City ether during the start of the virus or 7D2D timeline +-

Player starts on the New Jersey side of the Lincoln tunnel where a struggling settlement needs your help to rescue a scout team in Hells Kitchen**  

*Non-voxel with some destructible items and areas to be exact.

**Hijacking threads since Alpha 4,

I was thinking that IF it was New York City with some buildings around 100 stories, it would be bad if someone with a stone axe could bring one down.

Also if said buildings were not destroyable (by the player at least) then TFP could have critical missions that were plot important in them.

Finally you can save some computer cycles when the landscape doesn't change dramatically.

The final "finally" would be zip lines could be a thing and part of the required game plot's lore, so to speak.  (Robbing a Raft game highlight.)

But the compromise could be having subway locations blocked (and other areas)  that requires the player to find some TNT or C4.

• Roland unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...