A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

1 hour ago, kaneta1 said:

house_modern_15 is added in b167.

prefablist.txt code is

house_modern_15,USED,2,-4,31,18,46,houses

Спс за инфу внес изменение сам перед загрузкой карты

Edited by Cord (see edit history)

Hey, Damacoles....good to see you still working in this and adding features.

I tried the highways and they look great, but (at least from the one I saw) they were a lot higher than expected, making a easy cheese horde night base.

Maybe they could be lowered 5-10 blocks to meet the land elevation better?

A question: vanilla seems to pad space between pois so they aren't as bunched up and back to back as Nitrogen maps are.

Would padding poi sides and backs be possible with biome blocks or blank poi sized spaces, so the actual pois are a little more spaced apart?

Setting road width helps, but it looks like vanilla either adds blank biome poi sized spaces between some pois, or adds either back or side padding to keep them from always being right next to each other.

Btw, AMAZED at the generation times! 30 seconds for a 4k, an 1.5 minutes here for a 8k!

Keep up the great work!

I am not sure on what is customary about a new member posting favors or even questions.  I am a single Father of a 14yo girl and she loves this game (among others).  On PS4 it sucks so we started running our own dedicated server.  I found your tool Damocles, and I LOVE it!

I have a question; and I am no stranger to learning new code.  I have wrote many in depth scripts and plugins for Ultima Online and Everquest.  Like 15,000 lines of code.  XML is new to me, especially with coordinates.  I might as well get in to my question.

You have the Resident Evil Mansion Prefab! We LOVE that game and are still looking for it (5 or 6 spawned on our 16k map).

While looking through mods, we found Racoon City Police Department.  Is there any way to add that in manually to the files so it can be added during a world creation?

Sorry, Im new to this kinda stuff, but I figure going in to the setting files and such there must be a way, if even swapping out it for something else similar in size.  Is it possible for me to add it? (If so, how in a short explaination?) If not, would you be interested in adding it in?

Its called "Chaotic RPD" in the mods section if that helps.  :)

Thank you for your time in reading my question.

Sincerely, Coragin

I trying out Nitrogen for the first time for my server, I am tired of seeing awesome Nitro maps everywhere  but my server :)

So a couple of questions:

1. I normally use 8192 for my maps (8K)  if I go to 10K will A19 be ok with that?  seems like an odd size

2. anyone test CPM commands with Nitrogen?  specifically "cpm-getprefab reset"

other than that - I am excited to test tonight

I created a whole 8k map, but the cities won't load. I drive to the city and the buildings disappear. Just when I resetchunk Sr, they come back, but I can't do this every chunk and every time I play the game. 

Any ideas? 

7 hours ago, Lonestarcanuck said:

I trying out Nitrogen for the first time for my server, I am tired of seeing awesome Nitro maps everywhere  but my server :)

So a couple of questions:

1. I normally use 8192 for my maps (8K)  if I go to 10K will A19 be ok with that?  seems like an odd size

2. anyone test CPM commands with Nitrogen?  specifically "cpm-getprefab reset"

other than that - I am excited to test tonight

I have been making the max 16384 x 16384 and have worked out quite well.  Its really nice.  Made a few 12k 10k and 14k as well.

Hope this helps.

Ahoy!

So I've generated quite a few maps, with no issues at all,  love the map creation, and I am 100% convinced there isn't a better way to do this.

I am asking today to find out if I did something wrong recently,  I've brought in one of my 16k maps to both the last Alpha build, and the new one that was released today, and the top 5 or 6 layers of dirt are coming up with 10k health.   yeah, 10k.  Had one of my players tell me about it today while I was at work, and just finally got around to asking about it this evening.

I did some good old google searching, and most of the information for the game hasn't been update since A15(ish) on configs and A18 stuff.

I run a dedicated server running windows server and 128g of ram.

I installed the "extras" per instructions on the site and I have no issues with the prefabs showing up on the map for anyone, so I am almost positive I did that right.  I don't see any settings to adjust hardness of certain blocks, but I am a total noob to the back end of 7d2d so far.

Please let me know if there is something I can do, check, troubleshoot, etc.  If this is a me issue or something I can do to set up the game differently, I'm all ears.  I DO know the RWG in the game worked properly (aside from the fact the map sucked) and the default Navezwhatever it's called is set up properly and works fine.  It only seems to be a problem with these generated maps.  (Which leads me to believe I must have done something wrong somewhere)

Sincerely,

Me

Gosh, this tool is super fun to play with. Thanks for making it!

That being said, is there a forum topic around her where people can share their best/favorite Nitrogen maps for A19? I've been looking all over for one. ( if this is the wrong place to ask, please let me know ) 

in love with your work as usual, I wanted to do something different for this alpha:
- can I gen maps with more snow on low heights? (like A16 :P)
bonus: can we get a desert (N) / snow (S) for us plebs on the other half of the world?

Thank you 😁

21 hours ago, Jugom said:

@Damocles are we to expect an update soon? 
as we have to wipe, we are not sure if re rolling the old generation of wait a bit for you. :D

I just wiped for the b173 using v501. No issues. 

I'm sure he'll update again when A19 goes out of experimental. 

Ok playing around with A19 b173 and have made several builds with Nitrogen with vanilla POIs.  Everything works great.  I really like how the towns kinda drift in and out of each other like a real town/city.  However, I noticed in all of the maps I've made so far there are military silo bases EVERYWHERE!!!  I mean we had a lot of nuke sites but not in the middle of cities.  I'm trying to figure out which setting reduces the military bases.  Thanks for the help and keep up the great work on this wonderful tool.

Started playing again for the first time in years and after seeing the crap RWG found this. Phenomenal; one of the easiest donations I have made.

Now I need to play with this and figure out how to not have multiple large factories next to each other as the only way I know how is adding a quantity in the rwgmixer.xml.

Edited by h0tr0d (see edit history)

So this is my first time using Nitrogen, and I have a couple of questions regarding wasteland/burnland biomes.

I *do* want to include them in my map. However, I *do not* like how Nitrogen handles their generation.

1.) How do I reduce the number of wasteland craters generated? I feel like there are just way too many of these things scattered about.
2.) How do I increase/decrease the size of said craters?

Ultimately, I would like to have it generate one single large crater, or no craters at all, but have the wasteland biome just seamlessly merge with its surrounding biomes.

I've looked in the config file, but I don't see any setting specifically about wasteland biome.

So... why is NitroGen so much faster than the built-in generator?  I can generate a 16k x 16k map in NitroGen in 5.5 minutes on my not-the-fastest computer.  It takes that long to do a 4k x 4k in the built-in generator.  /boggle

7 hours ago, Morkilimus said:

So this is my first time using Nitrogen, and I have a couple of questions regarding wasteland/burnland biomes.

I *do* want to include them in my map. However, I *do not* like how Nitrogen handles their generation.

1.) How do I reduce the number of wasteland craters generated? I feel like there are just way too many of these things scattered about.
2.) How do I increase/decrease the size of said craters?

Ultimately, I would like to have it generate one single large crater, or no craters at all, but have the wasteland biome just seamlessly merge with its surrounding biomes.

I've looked in the config file, but I don't see any setting specifically about wasteland biome.

If you don't select add burned/wasteland it won't generate them.

And in the config file I imagine these lines cover craters; try setting them to 0 and see what happens.

GEN_CRATER_BASE = 5
GEN_CRATER_MANY = 18

3 hours ago, Maharin said:

So... why is NitroGen so much faster than the built-in generator?  I can generate a 16k x 16k map in NitroGen in 5.5 minutes on my not-the-fastest computer.  It takes that long to do a 4k x 4k in the built-in generator.  /boggle

On 4/10/2019 at 10:15 AM, Damocles said:

Different approach how the map is generated. The vanilla RWG is probably putting a lot of effort into the noise-map generation, and its also embedded in a larger project, wich tends to slow things down.

(I also have full creative freedom ... if I want a feature, I just implement it. No design-paper to write and standup-meetings to attend to)

4 hours ago, h0tr0d said:

If you don't select add burned/wasteland it won't generate them.

And in the config file I imagine these lines cover craters; try setting them to 0 and see what happens.

GEN_CRATER_BASE = 5
GEN_CRATER_MANY = 18

I do want them included, but not in a bunch of craters around the map. And those settings don’t change anything from what I can tell. It still generates them.

Luckily in game the craters don’t look bad. It’s just a really strange way to handle the creation of wasteland.

Hey everyone!

So I'm having a problem with Nitrogen and traders.

Generating a Nitrogen map (with AND without Combo Pack 42) shows "no trader" at the end of the tutorial quests. Teleporting to a "trader" shows a trader joe's but with zombies in and outside of it and no actual trader inside. I'm on the latest alpha, 173.

Generating a map via the game's tools generates everything fine.

2 hours ago, Amcd12 said:

Hey everyone!

Generating a Nitrogen map (with AND without Combo Pack 42) shows "no trader" at the end of the tutorial quests. Teleporting to a "trader" shows a trader joe's but with zombies in and outside of it and no actual trader inside. I'm on the latest alpha, 173.

In 173 they renamed the traders to something else. like trader_hugh, trader_bob etc - this was stated in the ComboPack forum when ComboPack44 released for 173

Once the map is generated, you can load it into the worlds folder and open it in the World Editor and add the traders manually as well, as well as any other prefabs and save it.

What you are seeing is possibly the old settlement_01 that use to be used which is no longer used anymore.

Hello, i have a small question:

Why its not possible to create smaller maps, then 4k?

I wanted to create a 1024x1024 map, bit it did not work - it makes automatically 4096 when i use random map size and enter 1024.

I wanted to make a game like ages ago, where there was a single town the entire map and each day there were 3-5 airdrops and no zombies at daytime and you had to survive the nights ;)

...DX

4 hours ago, Amcd12 said:

Hey everyone!

What "trader" settings did you use?

9 hours ago, Morkilimus said:

I do want them included, but not in a bunch of craters around the map. And those settings don’t change anything from what I can tell. It still generates them.

Luckily in game the craters don’t look bad. It’s just a really strange way to handle the creation of wasteland.

So you set them to zero? Well @%$*#!...guess I'll have to experiment.

1 hour ago, Darelius said:

Hello, i have a small question:

Why its not possible to create smaller maps, then 4k?

I wanted to create a 1024x1024 map, bit it did not work - it makes automatically 4096 when i use random map size and enter 1024.

I wanted to make a game like ages ago, where there was a single town the entire map and each day there were 3-5 airdrops and no zombies at daytime and you had to survive the nights ;)

...DX

That's navezgane; not  the random-generated worlds.