A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

6 hours ago, kamer said:

Hi Damocles, Do you have any plans to make your tool open source? Would be awesome to have more people try out their ideas. Thanks for all your efforts!

he said not long ago that he was not planning on doing that in the near future

Hi Damocles, I have a problem with an 8K map generated with NitroGen v0.500. Everything is fine except that there are areas on the map where there is a large expanse of land, very flat and without any decoration. Do you know where that could come from ?

My biomes.xml : spacer.png

My map on the livemap : spacer.png

The very flat areas are in dark green.

6 minutes ago, Marvin77600 said:

Hi Damocles, I have a problem with an 8K map generated with NitroGen v0.500. Everything is fine except that there are areas on the map where there is a large expanse of land, very flat and without any decoration. Do you know where that could come from ?

My biomes.xml : spacer.png

My map on the livemap : spacer.png

The very flat areas are in dark green.

Your water levels might be off somehow. The flat areas are lakes. I dont know what you have all edited on your map, since you use a vanilla biome.png.

app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental

Happening now for my a19 b157 on a Nitrogen v501 random gen map. If you don't hear from me then everything went fine. Not erasing the save game for this as the patch notes didn't have anything to suggest it wouldn't work. 

So far this a19 experience is much nicer than what we went through for a17 :) Really enjoying the game. Feels a bit more like what I enjoyed about a16 (except the mining helmets are working).

Tried to use 6 nitrogen generated maps ranging from 8k-12k. All have the same end result of error out of memory before crashing. Any clues as to where I am going wrong?

2020-07-02T19:02:36 85.851 INF Processing world files
2020-07-02T19:02:43 92.903 ERR Exception in task
2020-07-02T19:02:43 92.903 EXC Out of memory
OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_ves_icall_array_new_specific(intptr,int)
  at PNG2TGA.Process3 (UnityEngine.Color32[] pixels, System.Int32 _width, System.Int32 _height) [0x002f3] in <a2538df5b41c45f8bedf398d395b84f0>:0 
  at Utils.SaveTextureAsTGA (UnityEngine.Color32[] _colors, System.Int32 _width, System.Int32 _height, System.String _fileName) [0x00005] in <a2538df5b41c45f8bedf398d395b84f0>:0 
  at ChunkProviderGenerateWorldFromRaw+<processFiles>d__27.MoveNext () [0x0045c] in <a2538df5b41c45f8bedf398d395b84f0>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00027] in <5e1dfb686eb345078a588df96401afcc>:0 

(Filename: <a2538df5b41c45f8bedf398d395b84f0> Line: 0)

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_ves_icall_array_new_specific(intptr,int)
  at PNG2TGA.Process3 (UnityEngine.Color32[] pixels, System.Int32 _width, System.Int32 _height) [0x002f3] in <a2538df5b41c45f8bedf398d395b84f0>:0 
  at Utils.SaveTextureAsTGA (UnityEngine.Color32[] _colors, System.Int32 _width, System.Int32 _height, System.String _fileName) [0x00005] in <a2538df5b41c45f8bedf398d395b84f0>:0 
  at ChunkProviderGenerateWorldFromRaw+<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<processFiles>b__1 (ThreadManager+TaskInfo _taskInfo) [0x00044] in <a2538df5b41c45f8bedf398d395b84f0>:0 
  at ThreadManager.myQueuedTaskInvoke (System.Object _taskInfo) [0x00041] in <a2538df5b41c45f8bedf398d395b84f0>:0 

52 minutes ago, thatsapaddlin' said:

app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental

Happening now for my a19 b157 

@OhYa Yeah so that didn't successfully update to b157. Trying again with 

app_update 294420 -beta "latest_experimental - Unstable build"

I read somewhere you need to enter it as you see it in the list of betas in the game steam library properties area. 

... tried that above. Still didn't work. Outta luck I guess.

7 Days to Die Latest Experimental Unstable Build.PNG

Edited by thatsapaddlin' (see edit history)

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction for some basic info on how to update to experimental builds (ie the new a19b157)? I'm sure this thread has better things to discuss than my noob server problems :) I have googled a lot and there is some solid information for getting the servers up and running. But not much when it comes to updating to builds. For example, are you always required to delete the entire app and game files (sounds like overkill for a new build). I'm assuming the process changes when updating from builds to a full alpha release, right? Anyway, thanks for any info, hopefully I can pass on some of my knowledge once I figure it all out.

The generation will take a lot of ram, as the game uses several full size images to define the world.

Turning off the preview map generation will save some ram. (there is a tool to generate previews afterwards)

Also: close NitroGen when playing the game, to release the system memory.

Here is what I believe is my final edit for the prefab list until the new CompoPack comes out for A19. The last one had a few issues I discovered after playing, and this corrects those.

This prefab list merges the new A19 prefabs, CompoPack43, and also removes all erroring POIs from CompoPack43 that don't work in A19.

I've generated this in debug mode and normal, and it loads fine on both Single player and Multiplayer, and I've double checked the generated worlds prefab list to assure new POIs are generated.

Have added comments to the file for what the new prefabs are and which ones were disabled.

Link: https://pastebin.com/AhnV11xu

Instructions:
Drop this in the resources directory of Nitro and select "Custom List"

Also, I was generating a batch of 8k maps for our community server, so if anyone is looking for quick worlds, just download and go. Single/MP compatible.

https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/cdn.craincraft.com/NitroA19CP43-1.zip
https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/cdn.craincraft.com/NitroA19CP43-2.zip
https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/cdn.craincraft.com/NitroA19CP43-3.zip
https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/cdn.craincraft.com/NitroA19CP43-4.zip
https://s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/cdn.craincraft.com/NitroA19CP43-5.zip

yourownlist.txt

Edited by CrainBramp (see edit history)

7 hours ago, CrainBramp said:

Here is what I believe is my final edit for the prefab list until the new CompoPack comes out for A19. The last one had a few issues I discovered after playing, and this corrects those.

Thanks for the updated list.  I had some more errors but they might result from items removed from the game in custom POIs. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2154598118

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2154598074

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

Those errors are for POIs that are already commented out in my pefab list; I double-checked. Unless (a) you didn't use the custom list option in Nitrogen, or (b) there was some sort of unexpected error.

The only oddity I seem to be experiencing now is that the initial quest to find a trader ... all my Nitrogen maps say "NO TRADER" for that initial quest

... but, there is still a HUD quest marker for the quest, and the quest completes ... so it works. *shrug* I dunno.

Edited by CrainBramp
Clarification (see edit history)

19 hours ago, CrainBramp said:

Those errors are for POIs that are already commented out in my pefab list; I double-checked. Unless (a) you didn't use the custom list option in Nitrogen, or (b) there was some sort of unexpected error.

thanks for taking the time to reply.  I tried again with the same issues so I reinstalled Nitrogen for kicks and it worked as intended.  =/  something must have been overwritten at some point I dunno.

I don't think this is related but I still get a lot of  these red errors flying around the map:

"onMetalDesk02Open should be a parent but is not (1)".

"onMetalDesk01Open should be a parent but is not (1)".

I was playing on Navez and saw that error there too so I think this is something likely vanilla.  Just curious is you had seen that in your testing. or know what is wrong there.

sorry As I am poor at English, it becomes the funny words
compopack xvanilla_settlement_trader_0x As I do not give a response in the quest of the new method

Therefore these

xvanilla_settlement_trader_04 → trader_bob
xvanilla_settlement_trader_02 → trader_joel
xvanilla_settlement_trader_03  →  trader_jen
xvanilla_settlement_trader_01  →  trader_rekt
xvanilla_settlement_trader_05  →  trader_hugh

it to transfer it

21 hours ago, GamingWithKentuckianJD said:

i am using the A19 and the crawlers are invisible. it is only with Nitrogen. is there a fix? or is it another issue? Thanks

AFAIK, invisible Zs were related to client and server not being in the same game version.