Can I make kind of water channel?

minQ

Hello, everyone.

I'm new on this game.

Last these days, I settled near pond but it's a little bit lazy to take water.

So I tried making underground tunnel that connected pond to home.

However, water doesn't flow along the way. 

Is there a way to making waterway?

24 minutes ago, minQ said:

Hello, everyone.

I'm new on this game.

The water mechanics are pretty....wonky...have always been. They are supposedly working in it now so hopefully we'll see some improvement. 

You can try crafting or buying a bucket & keep transporting water & connecting them yourself...might work. 

Good luck man!

41 minutes ago, Outlaw_187 said:

You can try crafting or buying a bucket & keep transporting water & connecting them yourself...might work. 

Hi, Zombie Hunter.

I already put water blocks via bucket along road for water blocks are connected.

However, when used water so much times at end of waterway, then water becoming drained but not refilled along the road. 

Did I something wrong? or it's water physics problem? 

33 minutes ago, minQ said:

Did I something wrong? or it's water physics problem?

You did it right, but it doesn't work with the current water "physics".... basically i wouldn't even call it physics. Water doesn't really flow, a single water block  expands a few blocks wide, that's it. It doesn't flow and it does also not react to gravity, so it does not flow downwards.

And since you've now done the work to have a "realistic" infinite water source, you can just start using the infinite water trick:

- pour out a bucket of water on dry flat land

- gather the water back into the bucket

- use the remaining single splash of water to fill your jars

3 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

You did it right, but it doesn't work with the current water "physics".... basically i wouldn't even call it physics. Water doesn't really flow, a single water block  expands a few blocks wide, that's it. It doesn't flow and it does also not react to gravity, so it does not flow downwards.

There was a time it did flow....boy did it flow. You had to be extremely careful with water on hills. I remember one time a guy accidentally started water flowing on a steep mountain we had a base on. It took us hundreds and hundreds of frames to stop it. Then it took us forever to place blocks to remove the water so it would not continue to flood the place.

Right now what your trying to do is impossible as water has no physics beyond source blocks spreading out a few blocks around them. But its not possible to make more source blocks like in other games and source blocks never move. So making flowing water ways or even repairing damage to existing ponds, lakes, rivers, and oceans is nearly impossible. 

Now in the future this is going to be changed as they are currently redoing the games water system to improve it. Which the current system is nothing more then a very jankey place holder.

42 minutes ago, Roland said:

My infinite water trick is....looting.

Your trick breaks my immersion.  I expect to be able to live off a pond full of water for my whole life, but magically refilling sinks and toilets when no one lives there?  Game-breaking!

7 hours ago, blugold1 said:

This might help you.  You can make an infinite water supply within your base in a very small area.  

https://youtu.be/KYDyjwhJuXo

It propogates... oh... Thanks.

10 hours ago, Danidas said:

Now in the future this is going to be changed as they are currently redoing the games water system to improve it. Which the current system is nothing more then a very jankey place holder.

Developers are considering water flow physics? Oh...

To go a bit farther astray from the original idea: one trip to the snow biome and you can get all the water you could ever need in the form of a stack of snowballs. Two stacks if you're an especially heavy drinker.

For aesthetic reasons, I very much like the idea of digging an irrigation waterway and having it work. Hopefully some day.

On 1/13/2021 at 8:30 AM, minQ said:

Hello, everyone.

I'm new on this game.

If you are really really lazy, just press F1, write CM, press U  and then search for Water. There is a stack of 500 waterblocks, take it out and place it whereever you want. 

22 minutes ago, smokingpaper said:

If you are really really lazy, just press F1, write CM, press U  and then search for Water. There is a stack of 500 waterblocks, take it out and place it whereever you want. 

That will make the channel only look nice, but it is still not working.

You still can not pick up water on the other side and it will refill, because even if  there are waterblocks, there is still no water flow, so what you pick up on the one end is gone. It won't replenish from the other end.

So the idea to bring (infinite) water to your own base by building an aqueduct still doesn't work even with using the waterblocks from creative menu.

Archived