A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

25 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

Lol, I meant "false spy" stuff, not "impersonator" stuff. Language barrier. Zombie bear with me.  Cheers to google translator.

This just gets better and better. lol...

I was just letting you know that I was unfamiliar with the idiom "catfish fluff" and was wondering what it meant. Now I have deeper questions in how exactly it has to do with false spy stuff not to mention why anyone might possibly mistake it for impersonator stuff. You have me very intrigued as neither false spy stuff vs impersonator stuff was ever on my radar and I still have no idea what it all means. But I am very curious . :)

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

This just gets better and better. lol...

I was just letting you know that I was unfamiliar with the idiom "catfish fluff" and was wondering what it meant. Now I have deeper questions in how exactly it has to do with false spy stuff not to mention why anyone might possibly mistake it for impersonator stuff. You have me very intrigued as neither false spy stuff vs impersonator stuff was ever on my radar and I still have no idea what it all means. But I am very curious . :)

Catfishing is a deceptive activity where a person creates a sockpuppet presence or fake identity on a social networking service, usually targeting a specific victim for abuse or fraud. Catfishing is often employed for romance scams on dating websites.

There you go. While open to interpretation, it is a bad comparison nevertheless. "ninja stuff" or "investigating a person without his/her knowledge" can vaguely be deducted if translated to other languages. That's the why. It really is "impersonation" though.

Aaaaah...I did not understand the reference of "catfishing". That is interesting. Dating via online social media is nothing I ever even had the opportunity to do. And now having been exposed to Snowdog I think that if I ever find myself single in the future I would be too nervous about what I might find delving into that realm.... ;)

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

Aaaaah...I did not understand the reference of "catfishing". That is interesting. Dating via online social media is nothing I ever even had the opportunity to do. And now having been exposed to Snowdog I think that if I ever find myself single in the future I would be too nervous about what I might find delving into that realm.... ;)

Hello, I am Roland, I'm 23 years old, blonde hair, piercing blue eyes, 2 meters tall and 220 pounds of pure tanned, muscled body. Just like me. Roughly.

15 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I've already read on Steam people complaining about the current (A19) AI because they expect zombies to ALL behave the same way... so when they see 3/4 of them out of 20 going their way doing different things (e.g.: rage mode) they'll just rant about not being able to reliably build a blood moon base because they can't predict where the zombies will go.

And those people will whine and cry no matter what TFP does so why worry about them?

8 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

will we be seeing a new experimental branch soon? or is this it for a19?

Fataal has mentioned multiple changes he has been working on. There should be a 19.2 and possibly a 19.3. When those will release is a totally different issue.

Edited by Kosmic Kerman (see edit history)

8 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

will we be seeing a new experimental branch soon? or is this it for a19?

Later alphas usually go up to .4 , though that last patch is usually later and way within the next alpha development; .2 and .3 could be with us within a 30 day timeframe, but it really is in flux, so it depends on the severity of the tickets adressed, so When It's done™️ is applied here too.

Backporting is time-consuming and focused on most needed fixes because, as the word implies, fixes that come our way are already implemented in the next alpha. In this case, optimization is in need of love for the next few patches (as it is always WIP) , among other things. Be aware that the actual patch notes are usually bigger, as making the notes is also a pain in the knees.

.5s, .6 and so on are extremely uncommon and haven't been happening for 3 years now. So I'm just stating the obvious as I experienced it over the years.

Short answer: When it's done. But sooner than soon™️ and rather sooner than later.

2 minutes ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

And those people will whine and cry no matter what TFP does so why worry about them?

personally i would love to see
Normal zombies act dumb, if they attack you're base and just swarm kinda like how they uses too!, they see they attack but they can still dig, jump, rage
Feral Zombies are Smart and able to climb up stuff better, move better, run, Dig, and Even able to Leap and jump Higher! and they like to attack weaker blocks, and doors, but you can funnel them still

And special zombies are also smart with their own abilities, And they all have around the same health as their feral Versions! 

Like spiders are able to jump up to 15 blocks high and long, Cops acid can leave pools that deal damage and armor damage, Ferals are just crackheads and they just keep getting back up! 

2 hours ago, q123 said:

ok, so let me guess - is 19.2b3 ready for release today/ tonight? 😁

Would be experimental first. There has been a couple of builds posted in the testing branch so... Soon? (Meaning, when it's done)

Hi Faatal,

Quick question: Does the game currently support 32:9 aspect ratio monitors (5120 x 1440 res.)?

I'm looking at the new Samsung G9 with the 1000R screen curvature; looks amazing!

And thank you for all your great work and answering our questions.

Edited by Space4Ace (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Space4Ace said:

Would be experimental first. There has been a couple of builds posted in the testing branch so... Soon? (Meaning, when it's done)

If I'm not counting wrong, b3 is done already - the question is, if it will pass the tests for an exp release or not. We will see tomorrow if they'll make another build, maybe... 

25 minutes ago, q123 said:

If I'm not counting wrong, b3 is done already - the question is, if it will pass the tests for an exp release or not. We will see tomorrow if they'll make another build, maybe... 

Or it could be released this evening... Maybe???

Will we be seeing the new nurse soon? Prime (Lathan) "almost" showed her on his last Twitch stream, but ran into problems.

6 hours ago, hiemfire said:

@MechanicalLens Iirc you're looking for "corner bars". Have you checked the "Fences and Railings" block's shape menu. There is a corner railing that might do what you need it to.

Those are railings, not bars. When upgraded, railings only have a maximum of 300 health. They simply would not do.

It doesn't matter though. It's more of an OCD thing.

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)