how is rwg in A19?

Feycat

They've been saying they were fixing RWG since A17 (A16 was pretty good and it hasn't been good since) and it keeps getting worse and worse. How's RWG looking in A19? Is it actually playable? Or should we keep hanging on NitroGen?

I'd mainly consider roads when talking about if it is fixed or not. The atrocities rwg produced in A18 is what made me use Nitrogen. Even the premades they included are pretty rough. 

Less duplicate POIs and better looking cities would be nice as well. 

You know, roads that aren't on the edge of sheer cliffs, a nice variety of POIs, no giant crevasses splitting the world, water every now and then but not covering the whole map... you know. A variety of biomes that aren't all burnt forests. A reasonable world. 

I like traders in cities, that seems pretty neat. 

11 hours ago, Feycat said:

They've been saying they were fixing RWG since A17 (A16 was pretty good and it hasn't been good since) and it keeps getting worse and worse. How's RWG looking in A19? Is it actually playable? Or should we keep hanging on NitroGen?

Looks like this:

123123.thumb.png.385f0e4228d94e141b9f5b01e1d018e0.png

Wow. Spent 2 hours generating an 8k map, just to spawn.... here. 

Yeah. I don't know what you guys barfed up in the switch from A16 to now in the RWG, but holy crap. I guess I'm glad I actually didn't have any time to play today by the time this abomination generated.

I'll stick with NitroGen.

a191.jpg

a194.jpg

a193.jpg

a192.jpg

1 minute ago, KeiraR said:

And I felt sorry for myself with 27 minutes. 😮

Was 25 for my first map, I really do not get how tfp screws it up so bad, Nitrogen takes like less than 2 minutes usually, so why does it take the ingame RWG almost 30 minutes to make one world. My map so far is ok, trader joel is about 150 meters from the poi I like to base at. Haven't noticed anything like the pics above yet, might have just gotten lucky though.

Just now, Ti2xGr said:

Took me 1.5 hours for a 16k map. Haven't explored it yet, but I suspect we'll be starting a new map....tomorrow. It's counting 998 sheep.

Yeah I really don't get how they screwed rwg so bad that it takes so long to make a map, I think they need to hire the guy who made nitrogen to fix their @%$*#! so it doesn't take 30+ mins a map.

4 minutes ago, Scyris said:

Haven't noticed anything like the pics above yet, might have just gotten lucky though.

Same here, it looks okay so far but I have only played a little bit in one town.
I'm wondering what's up with the spastic trees though.

4 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Yea......I use Nave for exp then wait til Nitrogen gets updated for RWG in Stable branch... TFP needs to hire that guy...

I second that. Nitrogen ist pretty much the only useable RWG map since A16, when random gen was still useable.  

And as for the changes made  by TFP to RWG

- Avoiding duplicates in one town is good, but

- sorting biomes by forest in the middle, snow and desert up north/south sort of defeats the purpose of RANDOM gen. 

For now, Nitrogen for sure is the way to go!

Made a new 8k map, which took my rig 20 mins.  We played up to day 9 then realized our plan to set up base in the wasteland would be nothing short of awful because the seed generated no roads there nor any cities.  Ended up going back to Nitrogen, which has already been updated thankfully.  Nitrogen churns out 8k maps in 2 mins, btw.

Archived