Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

well. what would you do to change it? look wise

Didnt see an issue with the original model tbh.

Just the game itself feels their rushing things to get the game gold rather then giving the detail to things like they use to before talk of going gold was even thought of. And well went from not worried bout gold and giving detail to need to go gold asap seems things are rushed. And now all of a sudden time between alphas are short and things being rushed in half assed

Didnt see an issue with the original model tbh. Just feels their rushing things to get the game gold rather then giving the detail to things like they use to before talk of going gold was even thought of. And well went from not worried bout gold and giving detail to need to go gold asap seems things are rushed. And now all of a sudden time between alphas are short and things being rushed in half assed

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think the new iron club is less creative than the old one. How could anyone honestly look at the new one and think "half-assed and rushed" after seeing the original one?

The fact that TFP is creating their own original assets rather than using ones you can buy in a store and can be seen in half a dozen other Unity games shows that they aren't trying to rush anything. Rushing and half-assing it would be to call it done by using canned art assets.

Also Joel just announced that gold wouldn't be coming in 2020. Seems they are taking their "rushing" at a pretty slow pace....

It's fine if you don't like the art style of the new club but saying that it is rushed or uncreative or half-assed especially compared to the original design is going too far in my opinion. It is surprising.

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think the new iron club is less creative than the old one. How could anyone honestly look at the new one and think "half-assed and rushed" after seeing the original one?

The fact that TFP is creating their own original assets rather than using ones you can buy in a store and can be seen in half a dozen other Unity games shows that they aren't trying to rush anything. Rushing and half assing it would be to calle it done using canned art assets.

It's fine if you don't like the art style of the new club but saying that it is rushed or uncreative or half-assed especially compared to the original design is going too far in my opinion.

I never said anything bout it not being creative i said it looked horrid.

That is all i saying bout the club is i dont like it. The half assed comment was bout the game in general. The shorter version cycles the lack of additions etc. But re reading what i wrote in that comment i see how it was taken by others bout it relating to the club.

Edit: fixed lol

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed..... lol

Lol shhhh you 😜

Hey, can we lighten up on the personal characterization?

My only problem with the new iron club is scale, I like the way it looks but I think its scale doesn't match the existing one. If it turns out this new club also has about half the reach but hits lots harder, well, okay then. That might even be interesting, wooden club = kinda long, but not a lot of hitting power; current iron club = a little longer and hits a bit harder, new iron club = it's pretty short, but it packs a real wallop; baseball bat = Goldilocks's dream, long and plenty of damage if you can land your headshots.

But I guess we'll see it in the game soon enough. Okay, not soon enough.

Allegedly shorter alphas....show me the proof other than the developers stating that their goal is shorter alphas. Also as I said Joel even stated that Alpha/beta will continue through all of 2020.

Faatal also stated it as well. Weeks not months. And exactly alpha/beta. From what i see there is still a long way to go before beta. Rwg needs massive work. Water needs a major re work. Navezgane and the story need alot of work. End game is currently non existing and with all this work that is needed i dont think 2020 is near beta stage.

Bugs meh that is what beta is for so not considering that.

I agree with some people regarding the iron club being the last tier. No one would make a club like this when there’s a ton of bats laying around in houses. As far as the books go just put the perks on both the bat and the iron club.

On a side note I hope in the future when you get to tier 3 their will be a lot more weapons variations that are tier 3.

I would want to explore different weapons that are attached to the perks I have, instead of a linear weapon system that would make the past weapons obsolete.

I feel like the few people complaining about the new club are the minority. According to my sample of myself, my kids, and my sister: 100% like it. So statistically someone is off! (source: math)

Also, unrelated question: Is there any chance in the future (A19 or later) that the passenger of the 4x4 will be able to shoot while the other drives? To me that would give a very strong reason to upgrade past motorcycles, but maybe that's just me.

The fact that TFP is creating their own original assets rather than using ones you can buy in a store and can be seen in half a dozen other Unity games shows that they aren't trying to rush anything. Rushing and half-assing it would be to call it done by using canned art assets.

Also Joel just announced that gold wouldn't be coming in 2020. Seems they are taking their "rushing" at a pretty slow pace....

It's fine if you don't like the art style of the new club but saying that it is rushed or uncreative or half-assed especially compared to the original design is going too far in my opinion. It is surprising.

Roland, for once I have to agree with you. This new iron club looks badass AND pretty creative to me. I was just about to post that I think the new iron club looks very cool and sturdy, much better and heavier than the old one, so I do hope it will get better stats too lol!

I feel like the few people complaining about the new club are the minority. According to my sample of myself, my kids, and my sister: 100% like it. So statistically someone is off! (source: math)

Also, unrelated question: Is there any chance in the future (A19 or later) that the passenger of the 4x4 will be able to shoot while the other drives? To me that would give a very strong reason to upgrade past motorcycles, but maybe that's just me.

Never had an issue with people who like it. I simply dont which is fine my own thoughts and i will just mod it out... or scrap it .. never once had a issue with those whom like it.

I agree with some people regarding the iron club being the last tier. No one would make a club like this when there’s a ton of bats laying around in houses. As far as the books go just put the perks on both the bat and the iron club.

On a side note I hope in the future when you get to tier 3 their will be a lot more weapons variations that are tier 3.

in real life if I was fighting zombies I would take the Iron Club over the bat any day of the week just because of the higher impact force the Iron Club would have due to its mass.

Do I want to hit a z 3 or 4 times with a bat in order to drop it or IC that would have a higher impact force resulting in fewer blows?

obviously this is hypothetical as we do not know but if the game was to follow real world laws of physics then the Iron Club would be more powerful than the bat.

Example: To calculate the force of impact, divide kinetic energy by distance. F = (0.5 * m * v^2) ÷ d

During an impact, an object's energy is converted into work. The energy of a moving object is called kinetic energy, and is equal to one half of the object's mass times the square of its velocity: KE = 0.5 × m × v^2.

Work occurs when a force is applied to move an object a certain distance. Therefore, work is equal to force multiplied by distance: W = F × d. Because force is a component of work and an impact is the conversion of energy into work, you can use the equations for energy and work to solve for the force of an impact. -Timothy Banas

I for one love the new club design. It looks as creative as a club can be. I know you guys won’t rush anything. Keep up the good work and keep making more weapons.

Love- ZombiePoptard

I absolutely agree. This new iron club is badass, they paid a lot of attention to details and came up with a very creative design! I love it.

in real life if I was fighting zombies I would take the Iron Club over the bat any day of the week just because of the higher impact force the Iron Club would have due to its mass.

Do I want to hit a z 3 or 4 times with a bat in order to drop it or IC that would have a higher impact force resulting in fewer blows?

obviously this is hypothetical as we do not know but if the game was to follow real world laws of physics then the Iron Club would be more powerful than the bat.

It looks way more complex than a bat. It seems like a season bandit would make this club. That’s the reason why I would want it to me at least the same tier as a bat. You could have alternative last tier weapons.

I want the weapon tier to plateau and start giving us cool weird apocalyptic weapons. The game would benefit of the depth in its rewards.

Faatal also stated it as well. Weeks not months.

Sure....call it 20 weeks if you want. Faatal also said not to put too much stock any longer into labels like A19. It's just the next update. They could call it 18.4 or they could call it 19.0. The point is that their goal is to do smaller updates so because of that they won't take as long.

On the other hand, their stated goal has been smaller shorter updates since A13...

So let's keep it "allegedly shorter updates" until and if A19 actually drops this Spring.

And exactly alpha/beta. From what i see there is still a long way to go before beta. Rwg needs massive work. Water needs a major re work. Navezgane and the story need alot of work. End game is currently non existing and with all this work that is needed i dont think 2020 is near beta stage.

They have been in a hybrid Alpha/Beta mode since A17 dropped. Their model isn't so much a classic alpha then beta format. So when Joel said Alpha/Beta through the end of 2020 he means more of what they are currently doing but there isn't a big rush to gold. Finally, there WILL be some things such as story that will not be added until after gold. Workshop integration and full modding support is another that has been mentioned that will come after gold.

It looks way more complex than a bat. It seems like a season bandit would make this club. That’s the reason why I would want it to me at least the same tier as a bat. You could have alternative last tier weapons.

Imagine if they kept both the original as a simple iron club and this new one as a more advanced version and which one you would craft would depend on your skill. Basically the better you would get, the better iron club you would craft.

I want the weapon tier to plateau and start giving us cool weird apocalyptic weapons. The game would benefit of the depth in its rewards.

Agreed. Although it would make sense for the iron club to be a higher tier weapon than the bat but so long as it is equal to or greater than the bat. In the end though this is a game and I'm cool with whatever.

Personally I love the look of that bat and imo its the most badass looking melee weapon in the game. :)

Archived