This is ridiculous Fun Pimps - Alpha 18

KiaDragon

I have played, streamed, and loved this game for years. I have logged over 2500 hours on this game.

WTF? I can't get ten minutes into the game without being divebombed by two or three buzzards. This is at ADVENTURER level.

I have given up on TEN GAMES IN A ROW. I cannot get past 10:00am without being infected by a buzzard at the lowest level of difficulty.

WHAT THE HELL? You are introducing buzzards before I can even get a damn bow built? No delay to zombies either. This is extremely disappointing.

The levels have been adjusted - The new default is Nomad. Getting infected by a buzzard...is part of the game. Get some honey and deal with it. Is it really that difficult? Running away from zombies, buzzards, etc. is part of the game. You die...Because it's supposed to be tough.

are you taking damage equal to 10% of your total HP? going from 100 to 90 will allows Vultures to notice you.

Are you near POI's with Vulture spawns? they don't care about HP level, or what day it is.

and a bow can be made in the first like 10 seconds after the spawn cards are done, small (stick) bushes plus plant fibers and a bow is made, some rocks and a single nest (usually) and you have enough for 2-3 vultures...if it takes 2 in game hours for that...maybe take a day off the game and de-stress?

The levels have been adjusted - The new default is Nomad. Getting infected by a buzzard...is part of the game. Get some honey and deal with it. Is it really that difficult? Running away from zombies, buzzards, etc. is part of the game. You die...Because it's supposed to be tough.

No, the old default was Nomad. New default is Adventurer.

Primitive weapons are VERY primitive now. The second you get an iron spear it's almost to easy.

As far as the buzzards go, stay away from desert areas. There are loads more creatures out and about in A18. Gotta keep your wits about you at all times!

One or two hits from a club kills them? They are a lot easier to kill in A18, and they dont make you bleed every hit like in A17. Honestly I like it when they attack me , cause I get a ton of feathers for arrows, and bones for glue.

One or two hits from a club kills them? They are a lot easier to kill in A18, and they dont make you bleed every hit like in A17. Honestly I like it when they attack me , cause I get a ton of feathers for arrows, and bones for glue.

If the vultures are attacking you, the spear is a good weapon. A throw and when it hits, the vulture lies on the ground.

So i suppose you spawned in the desert or wasteland all the time? Have you not started in forest? I have not visited the desert yet, but everyone says it's far more dangerous now, not to mention the wasteland.

The question is also how long are your days? Because in 45 minute days compared to 90 or 120 minute days it's a huge difference for 7 to 10 am time. If you go far enough from the spawn spot you will lose the protection of no enemy spawning, take that into consideration. I usually make circles around the place i spawned in order to gather most of the things i need, at least for weapons.

Perhaps you encountered some POIs with vultures? Also, getting hurt (below 100% HP) will attract vulture attention, so try not to get hit by anything for a while if you've seen any.

Either way, i hope you get better luck in future games. Never had such bad luck before and played quite a lot too.

To be fair, I have never had fun fighting a vulture. They serve no purpose in the game other than to be a complete nuisance. I miss the bees, they weren't completely silent and they had a hitbox that worked.

Also "get good" is not an argument, if something sucks to fight then it sucks to fight. I honestly preferred when in A17 there was a glitch that replaced vulture sleepers with wolves, I was so happy because I'd much rather fight those mean bastards than a vulture. Zombie dogs are far less of a hassle.

To be fair, I have never had fun fighting a vulture. They serve no purpose in the game other than to be a complete nuisance. I miss the bees, they weren't completely silent and they had a hitbox that worked.

Also "get good" is not an argument, if something sucks to fight then it sucks to fight. I honestly preferred when in A17 there was a glitch that replaced vulture sleepers with wolves, I was so happy because I'd much rather fight those mean bastards than a vulture. Zombie dogs are far less of a hassle.

When they first said vultures would replace bees, I loved the idea. With no lore explaining the bees origin, they just made sense. There implementation however, i'm not a fan of. They are more like undead humming birds the way they hover.

a18 is real, buffs/debuffs now work (but are always WIP). the threats are real now... even a snake is hazardous to your health... a cactus can help you to make friends..( step on a cactus and bleed then poly drops by and wants a cracker), infections are back and work and can kill again... RNG keeps being unfair. some animals want to make friends and some just rather you stay away from them.

now player has to always think of different ways to adapt... our goal is to move forward with game not to stand still... what used to happen in old alpha builds is now history. we may have a hiccup now and again just remember (we are in development and we are watching and taking notes).

as for purpose... the game is about survival (regardless of play style, there will always be threats to have to keep an eye out for). some extreme player will gripe about not enough challenge (they can up the difficulties) and there are those who have trouble (same choice.. set options back to suit play style).

but keep in mind... we are watching and taking notes.. not all changes are gigantic and not everyone will be pleased. :) keep playing even if you have to make difficulty adjustments and let us know the ins and outs and ups or downs.

Ten arrows in a hog and it keeps coming?!?!?

Those guys are nasty now. They kilt me as I did the same, ok, start from a distance, shoot a buncha arrows.

Nope, he charged me, killed me.

Came back and shot him and his brothers fulla lead. Gave up on the primitive bow.

(crossbow not much better on them. use a gun.)

I LIKE that change.

:)

a18 is real, buffs/debuffs now work (but are always WIP). the threats are real now... even a snake is hazardous to your health... a cactus can help you to make friends..( step on a cactus and bleed then poly drops by and wants a cracker), infections are back and work and can kill again... RNG keeps being unfair. some animals want to make friends and some just rather you stay away from them.

now player has to always think of different ways to adapt... our goal is to move forward with game not to stand still... what used to happen in old alpha builds is now history. we may have a hiccup now and again just remember (we are in development and we are watching and taking notes).

as for purpose... the game is about survival (regardless of play style, there will always be threats to have to keep an eye out for). some extreme player will gripe about not enough challenge (they can up the difficulties) and there are those who have trouble (same choice.. set options back to suit play style).

but keep in mind... we are watching and taking notes.. not all changes are gigantic and not everyone will be pleased. :) keep playing even if you have to make difficulty adjustments and let us know the ins and outs and ups or downs.

I appreciate the response. I intend to keep playing. Since you are taking notes:

1. The desert spawn is not weighed well. Zombies I can avoid. But buzzards (no, not from a POI) dive bombing two or three at a time before I can get a club built is beyond frustrating.

2. With a wooden club, on Adventurer Level, it can take five to ten hits dead on a vulture to kill it. By then I am dead or infected. One hit and I am bleeding and more buzzards swoop in.

3. Fifteen zombies at once? OK. I have feet. Two or three buzzards in a desert with no where to put my back and no weapons that are effective to kill them? No. That is not correctly weighed.

Thank you for your attention.

I am really entertained that the boars in 7 days are on par with the boars in Life is Feudal, as the crowned kings of newbie killing. I too was killed by one my first time at it.

While I am not happy that pigs are an easy kill anymore with the prim bow, I am totally willing to up my feral hogs meme game.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/content/uploads/2019/08/feralhogs-637x397.png

I appreciate the response. I intend to keep playing. Since you are taking notes:

1. The desert spawn is not weighed well. Zombies I can avoid. But buzzards (no, not from a POI) dive bombing two or three at a time before I can get a club built is beyond frustrating.

2. With a wooden club, on Adventurer Level, it can take five to ten hits dead on a vulture to kill it. By then I am dead or infected. One hit and I am bleeding and more buzzards swoop in.

3. Fifteen zombies at once? OK. I have feet. Two or three buzzards in a desert with no where to put my back and no weapons that are effective to kill them? No. That is not correctly weighed.

Thank you for your attention.

You've got something really really odd going on there. Firstly you're talking about at spawn before you can even make a club? Are you staying within your spawn safe zone? Also wilderness vultures absolutely are not coded to attack you if you are not already injured, how did you injure yourself also within your spawn safe zombie free zone? 5-10 hits to kill them? You're missing and only getting glancing blows then casuse they are simply not that high of a hitpoint enemy.

You've got something really really odd going on there. Firstly you're talking about at spawn before you can even make a club? Are you staying within your spawn safe zone? Also wilderness vultures absolutely are not coded to attack you if you are not already injured, how did you injure yourself also within your spawn safe zombie free zone? 5-10 hits to kill them? You're missing and only getting glancing blows then casuse they are simply not that high of a hitpoint enemy.

all of these are pretty much what we are all asking...if he's running out of the starting zone early, Vultures would still leave him until he's hurt...and 5-10 hits? even with glancing blows it'd be out in 5 {I have terrible aim, I would know}

My thoughts exactly. It takes 2-3 hits to kill them with the club at the very start of the game. I actually love them, they are my main source of feathers.

armor armor armor

wearing armor is now extremely useful, fill every single slot with a piece of armor, it reduces stun chance bleed chance and damage by quite abit.

Cant find armor in the first five minutes of play.

- - - Updated - - -

In spawn safe zone. And yes they attack before I am injured. And yes, a LEVEL 1 club required multiple hits.

I just give up on any game I spawn into the desert.

Cant find armor in the first five minutes of play.

- - - Updated - - -

In spawn safe zone. And yes they attack before I am injured. And yes, a LEVEL 1 club required multiple hits.

I just give up on any game I spawn into the desert.

It sounds like you're just leaving your safe zone too early. You should be able to craft basic weapons and armor before facing any enemies. If you're getting enemies and vultures attacking you in your safe zone, something must be bugged. Try a fresh install.

• 2 weeks later...

"Settings". I hate the buzzards, and they sometimes scare me lol. Honestly? I think they make gamers mad. Isn`t it exciting, blood stirring even, when they fall on you out of nowhere? After one gets over their little mad spell? Going from point A to point B with no interruptions? No muss, no fuss? No hassle, ho hum hum drum. It`s a survival game. Sheesh. I like going toe to toe horde nights, outside a safe house. I can`t for the buzzards lol. But I`m looking around for info on how players handle that scenario. "Settings". The amount of settings in this game is Ginormous. If you can`t play insane mode, well, play an easier setting. This game allows the faint of heart like me to enjoy, and the psycos to play insane mode;) Bones and feathers, who don`t need those? Later on, just drop the feathers and keep the bones. I`ve been playing since before the bees lol. I honestly stopped playing A 17. But The Pimps came through with this update. Graphics are stand alone awesome!

Archived