I love A18

Hollowprime

Played for a few hours. The more I play it the more I enjoy it. The zombies are tough, there are wolves everywhere, the spear is a double edged weapon (if you miss your target you will have to craft a new one but you can keep throwing it on a single target), the stamina regen is mostly balanced, the icons are very nice with some exceptions which can be easily addressed (mostly the colors look the same on some icons), the seed boxes are cute (but should be pickable).

And most importantly the building aspect of the game got some serious upgrade. Not only you can choose the frame type, you gave an extra purpose to cobblestone. Furthermore the players can now gain huge amounts of experience by building their bases. I'm a huge base builder fan and I like to make deep mines and intricate traps so this change is a blessing.

There are some issues that need to be addressed (mainly the infection food rates and some stamina issues) but overall I might say this is one of the best patches I've played. For the money spent and the hours enjoyed on this game it almost feels like I'm stealing you guys.

You deserve a praise . Bravo !

I see what you did there! ;)

And yes, food poisoning rates are a bit low but we can always increase them later.

Food poisoning isn't low! Day 2 I got the sh*** from drinking a boiled water. Please don't make it higher as I don't want to look at a butt with a pile under it for another 20 minutes!

Food poisoning isn't low! Day 2 I got the sh*** from drinking a boiled water. Please don't make it higher as I don't want to look at a butt with a pile under it for another 20 minutes!

I'm pretty sure he was joking bc everybody is complaining about poisoning

DIY fertilizer factory. hmmm. Ought to be good for something i think.

Edit: Yes, i like A18 too. IMO, one of their better releases. Worth the wait. Just can't help myself to not stop thinking about how to put anything, including the end result of food poisoning, to a better use.

It's because there's that 2% chance I'll eat those two snowberries and my 80% food meter will drop to red.

And that is how higher value foods become important. See? =P

A diet of snowberries or raw potatoes can keep you from dieing of hunger but it's not end game food.

And that is how higher value foods become important. See? =P

The irony is that blueberries have only a 2% chance of food poisoning but the end game food has 4%. As far as I know all cooked food has a chance of 4%. Bacon and eggs are no different from meat stews as far as the risk of food poisoning is concerned. The only difference is that you have to eat more of the former to get full. So you are less exposed to the danger.

I hope that farming does not suffer from this new mechanics. It would be a pity. Already in the past many have not planted a garden because they have found enough food. Now that canned food no longer has a disadvantage but rather an advantage, there is hardly any reason for a garden.

The irony is that blueberries have only a 2% chance of food poisoning but the end game food has 4%. As far as I know all cooked food has a chance of 4%. Bacon and eggs are no different from meat stews as far as the risk of food poisoning is concerned. The only difference is that you have to eat more of the former to get full. So you are less exposed to the danger.

Exactly. And that's how the higher tier foods are much better.

Exactly. And that's how the higher tier foods are much better.

Still, I won't be eating cooked food while looting a POI. Too risky and Murphy's Law always strikes when you least expect it. :)

Maybe I'll invest a few points in the Iron Guts perk. Let's see.

I'm prepping for day 7 horde right now. I've had food poisoning twice so far. It's not game breaking -

it's just not that fun. I get the logic of wanting to reward players for investing in and using late game foods instead of living on raw potatoes and berries and yucca or whatever but this doesn't feel like it.

Part of it is the random mechanic aspect of it - sometimes you're just randomly screwed for food/healing. Pack size was increased which is great but changes to food and repair mechanics require me to carry a bunch more stuff so I feel like I have *less* available space than I did before.

However it's a pretty minor gripe. I'm very much enjoying A18 vs A17.

People are freaked out at the thought of food poisoning, not because it is game-destroying.

I mean... no?

It made more sense in A17 where canned and raw food had a chance to poison you.

Now I can get poisoned from food I just made? That's nonsense.

I mean... no?

I mean...we don't know *how* the apocalypse might have impacted communicable diseases. I'd think if the zombie outbreak is some sort of bacterial or viral infection; it's entirely possible that something you just cooked could be contaminated. We don't know if heat fully kills off said contagions. :: shrug ::

I mean... no?

You know nothing about food hygiene, John Snow. The rules of hygiene are rarely respected in normal times, so I don't want to imagine in a devastated world ... (bacteria, salmonella, hepatitis, staphylococcus, and so on ...). So, a good diarhea would be the daily life of a survivor. Just watch what happens in wartime or in very poor countries.

On the other hand, the big risk with tin cans is botulism. And it's lethal. Not really "gameplay friendly"...

https://www.accidentadvicehelpline.co.uk/slips-trips-falls-public-claims/consequences-poor-food-hygiene/

I see what you did there! ;)

And yes, food poisoning rates are a bit low but we can always increase them later.

Please don't increase. I've had 2 upchucks already and only eaten 10 grilled meat and 1 hobo stew. Wasn't it supposed to be more like 1 in 25? Is it more likely to happen when consecutively eating food with a food poisoning chance?

Just to point out that Snowberries have 0% of food poisoning. Best food ever (and for a few alphas already).

Lucky me has eaten LOTS of food and had yet to experience the side effects of Dysentery or Food Poisoning. No Iron Gut invested. At least i'm prepared with Red Tea, Vitamins and Antibiotics for the upcoming sh**storm :D

Don't waste a ton of food on Dysentery. Just kill yourself in a controlled way. Best way to deal with it. Death penalty is non-existent. Same with Infection, and suicide can also be used to fast-travel long distances. Very useful.

Come and play on my server : you'll taste my "no respawn point" feature...

I'm still waiting to have food poisoning or dysentery... The things i have eaten... Well no Murky Water down the throat, that's for sure ;)

I recently found a Meat Stew and wanted to eat it all up, but perhaps i will leave it for later, when i have a very critical situation. Got enough Red Tea and Goldenrod Tea to last me till the end. It was good to dig up all that snow to fill my empty jars...

Don't waste a ton of food on Dysentery. Just kill yourself in a controlled way. Best way to deal with it. Death penalty is non-existent. Same with Infection, and suicide can also be used to fast-travel long distances. Very useful.

DOnt you lose 25% of actual level worth of xp? Even putting you in deficit xp

Archived