Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Will there be any more new weapon and/or tool mods coming in A18 that we have not heard about yet? Inquiring minds want to know...Also, any new color mods (yes, I know it's a silly question). I want to name my club the purple people eater, but I need the color to match...

Wasn't A18 feature locked a while ago? That means no, nothing new will be added that wasn't in at that point.

Will there be any more new weapon and/or tool mods coming in A18 that we have not heard about yet? Inquiring minds want to know...Also, any new color mods (yes, I know it's a silly question). I want to name my club the purple people eater, but I need the color to match...

But... the purple people eater wasn't necessarily purple... it just eats purple people. (so you're asking for the ability to throw paint at zombies)

See this is an issue for me I like the idea in general. But we should be aware of what perks DONT have books for them. I dont wanna be waiting for a book that desent exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Sniper rifle takes 7.62 in the CLIP and is not single shot. Lol

Sniper takes 7.62 in the MAGAZINE.....

A Magazine in an internal device to hold rounds. A Clip is an external device used to load a magazine.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry have to disagree. We should 100% know, specified in game, what perks can be learned from books and what ones cant.

The levels are too slow, the perk points are too important. This info should be known.

As for the books, I agree. The book collecting is gonna be awesome.

Books are not perks. Get it out of your head that a book is another way to get a perk. It is not.

Feature request:

Can random quests be given/accepted at random locations on the map? Example: In front of a laundromat lies a corpse with a quest note to be accepted or declined: “ I accidentally left a wad of cash in my trousers to be dry cleaned. Can you drop by laundromat and get it for me? -Dad”

Fact is, I love quests but hate the long travel. Stumbling across a quest during exploration is much more immersive.

Yes we want to do things like this, and have quests with unique pois and you get there and the quest just triggers.

No. There is purple dye, but its subdued now you can mod it if you want a vibrant purple.

Wasn't A18 feature locked a while ago? That means no, nothing new will be added that wasn't in at that point.

The only thing allowed is missing content, like the new wooden bow for the tier 2 bow might get added. It works fine using visuals of the primitive bow you guys know as a wooden bow.

Cheeto is doing the work of the gods, locking Madmole to the desktop and forcing him to work on A18. Cheeto is a real American hero. [ATTACH=CONFIG]28967[/ATTACH]

Cheeto is my best buddy. All the other cats are trolls and don't like to be held. Cheeto is only here one day a week or maybe two days, but when he IS here, he's glued to my lap. Then he goes out to fast/hunt/screw for 5 days and comes back all skinny and stays a day or two until he is bulked up again. Its great when he's here but its also nice when he takes off because he is high maintenance Cheeto lol. Like if you don't pet him, he literally attacks you and scratches the crap out of you. Took me a while to figure out why he randomly attacked people when he was in a great mood, he just wants to sit on my lap or me to pet him lol. Weido cat but I love him.

Cheeto is my best buddy. All the other cats are trolls and don't like to be held. Cheeto is only here one day a week or maybe two days, but when he IS here, he's glued to my lap. Then he goes out to fast/hunt/screw for 5 days and comes back all skinny and stays a day or two until he is bulked up again. Its great when he's here but its also nice when he takes off because he is high maintenance Cheeto lol. Like if you don't pet him, he literally attacks you and scratches the crap out of you. Took me a while to figure out why he randomly attacked people when he was in a great mood, he just wants to sit on my lap or me to pet him lol. Weido cat but I love him.

Lol, Cheeto looks like fun to be around tho! Ray(the black one/male) and Amy (B&W one/female) my kids. (Since I don't have real kids) (IMG-20190802-WA0017.thumb.jpg.dcec748a2b033ab78167d7821231511b.jpg

Doesn't the bandolier reload faster on the sniper rifles?

I believe the Bandolier reloads faster on all rifles including sniper.

I was thinking of a MOD specific for the sniper for reloading that could stack with the Bandolier.

Ever since I learned how to do modlets and appends, I am always looking for new things to mod :)

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of bugs...

How is the A18 bug bash going?

Who has the least number?

who has the most?

who's holding up the show?

Yes we want to do things like this, and have quests with unique pois and you get there and the quest just triggers.

That's awesome. If y'all go full skyrim with the radiant quests and radiant ai it would be amazing.

No when a18 is stable and done patching, we will order the localization. Might take a year might take 3 weeks, I have no idea about this.

Any plans on switching to xpath instead of the lacalization.txt? It's a bit of a nightmare to deal with for modders like me who prefer to purely write xpath code instead of relying on possibly questionable .exe tools that others have made to patch the files.

Lol, Cheeto looks like fun to be around tho! Ray(the black one/male) and Amy (B&W one/female) my kids. (Since I don't have real kids) ([ATTACH=CONFIG]28968[/ATTACH]

Man, they looked pissed. Like if they don't get A18 soon they are gonna take somebody out.

MM - Thanks for the info on the dye. I didn't realize we had the ability to edit/adjust them. Your team consistently amazes me with what you have left unlocked for us to tweak with. Now time for me to start digging into the XMLs to find out how to tweak them. Thanks!

You are confusing a magazine for a clip. A clip is just a string of bullets that can feed a magazine or "holder of five" or whatever for putting them in easily then you toss the clip. The clip never goes into the gun, its a convenient box is all. All our guns that shoot bullets have mags except the hunting rifle which is single shot.

No I wasen't lol. I was purposely saying clip to annoy the gun nuts. Hence the capatilisim 😁

Archived