Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Oh ok. So if the perk let's us craft an item it has a book. Do I have that right?

Also what if I find a book for making steel armor but I only have 3 points in the int attribute?

Intellect has nothing to do with crafting steel armor. Your "heavy armor" perk dictates the quality of the heavy armor you can craft, however this only unlocks iron armor to craft. You have to find a steel armor schematic to unlock steel armor crafting.

i prefer the slowness myself now... a15 and a16 i could max level and gear before the 3rd blood moon... now its more enjoyable and you will not be standing around wondering what to do.... well most of us wont... there will always be the min/max people who have to get there before everyone else and then complain...

really as i stated on a much earlier post... the challenge put forward is people should take their time examine different play styles as if they just started playing... you might find a better and different approach and enjoy it.

The game is geared to specialized now, so pick one attribute you must have, and others will be mid/later game or lightly perked into.

What if you speck into a perk that allows you to craft an item that you could have found a schematic for, but after that you find the schematic for that item anyway? Would reading the schematic do the player any good after the fact? (By rewarding the player with, say, 50 XP or something.) Or could they be sold or scrapped? I apologize if this question has been answered already, but there's only so many hours in the day and I can't spend all of them remembering every post on here. Lol

Sell it, scrap it or read it for the xp, other than that its useless.

Thank you for the info. :) I'll probably sell them tbh, or maybe even collect them. Yes, I'm that kind of hoarder. I must have at least one of everything!

Edit: Forge. You said forge. Does this mean that "Forge Ahead" has made its return? :distress::dread:

Good luck with that. Your inventory will so full of stuff you will read it for the XP IMO. I've tried to sell them but end up getting too much loot and have to read them to get the space. Its doable but to me I just read them when the space gets tight.

Sorry if this sounds redundant or is out of line, but I think my question yesterday was ignored or was not seen by Madmole, I just wanted a promise from my favorite developer to promise the translation if or if 90% of the game (books, skills, things, menu, etc.) know why?

I consider myself an ambassador of 7 days to die in my city, I recommended the game to more than 11 people, I bought 7 copies of 7 Days, of which I gave 6 and one left for me, in a Country where piracy reigns, unfortunately here it is like that, you find the game at 0.5 cents in the market but I prefer to support this company, I have people who consult me ​​about the game and news, I keep them aware of everything I read in the forum, That's why these people waited for the translation in the A17, but we don't have it, so they press me more for the A18 and I just want to give peace of mind to those who trusted me and PIMPS when buying the game, so I want to give you peace of mind Is translation into all languages ​​a promise?

I'm not promising anything. You'll get a localization when its done. I get told stuff, relay what I was told, then when it doesn't happen people call me a liar, so this is the best I can do. Hopefully A18 will get localized, and when the localization is complete, and bug free, we'll distribute that in a patch.

yep, my British Lee Enfield 303 uses a striper clip to load 5 rounds through the open bolt. with the optional magazine you could load 10 or two striper clips. you could not load via the magazine but only through the bolt 1 at a time manually or 5 at a time with a stripper clip.

so I see a mod option for a stripper clip that increases speed loading of the sniper :) like a bandolier does for other guns

Doesn't the bandolier reload faster on the sniper rifles?

Obviously this is subjective - but do you find the extra bonuses are enough to make you still want to spend a point on a perk for which you already have recipe part because you've read the schematic?

Depends on your specialization I would say and how good the extra stuff is.

I'm gonna try a a18 new game up to level 50ish just to see how all the systems play out, but I could see myself modding out 90% of the schematics from the perk tree so that you have to loot almost everything.

Perks would still be great for the bonuses, but I like being locked out of a minibike or something else just as critical as it makes gameplay different and desperate each new game.

Not needed. Its already kinda desperate because it takes 45-90 hours to get to level 50 and you won't have a lot of perk points to spend.

Feature request:

Can random quests be given/accepted at random locations on the map? Example: In front of a laundromat lies a corpse with a quest note to be accepted or declined: “ I accidentally left a wad of cash in my trousers to be dry cleaned. Can you drop by laundromat and get it for me? -Dad”

Fact is, I love quests but hate the long travel. Stumbling across a quest during exploration is much more immersive.

Feature request:

Can random quests be given/accepted at random locations on the map? Example: In front of a laundromat lies a corpse with a quest note to be accepted or declined: “ I accidentally left a wad of cash in my trousers to be dry cleaned. Can you drop by laundromat and get it for me? -Dad”

Fact is, I love quests but hate the long travel. Stumbling across a quest during exploration is much more immersive.

ooh ouch! Dad wasn't ever getting his wad of cash back with or without the zombie apocalypse...

Will there be any more new weapon and/or tool mods coming in A18 that we have not heard about yet? Inquiring minds want to know...Also, any new color mods (yes, I know it's a silly question). I want to name my club the purple people eater, but I need the color to match...

Archived