Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Madmole I have to say that this is the best alpha by far. I've been a fan of zombies for as long as I can remember which is a long time and you do the zombie genre a great justice. I am so pumped to see what you guys have planned. Any chance of selling something autographed? Maybe a t-shirt, an art print, or anything really? I like collecting autographs of things I enjoy and would love to add yours to the collection!

+1 about being the best alpha so far!

I wonder why I cannot view any of your screenshots. Anyones screenshot for that matter.

Completely new here, go easy on me if i'm wrong, but have you linked your Steam account? You don't get full privileges (like seeing attachments I believe) unless you do.

On another note, am I the only one who feels like we should just do away with paint? I feel like it would be a nice QOL change for the brush. I didn't realize what an inconvenience it was until now since I just used it for the first time a couple days ago. I had around 300ish buckets from scraping dyes, which I thought would be enough to cover my base. Turns out I would paint a texture, decide I didn't like it, and repeat a dozen times until I got something that look decent enough. Before I knew it I was out of paint, and had a half textured base without the resources to craft more. Bothered me so much I just spawned me in a full stack of paint.

Might entirely be my fault, maybe i'm just too picky, or maybe I should build smaller bases...

ARGHHHHH !!!

I just had a fetch quest for the POI I had stashed all my gear in and the entire POI reset, undoing everything I had done to it including removing all the containers I had stuffed full of loot.

Where is that damn undo button...

Did you put a claim block down? I never take over POI's anymore & if I do use 1 temp. I never upgrade a POI anymore, build your own

ARGHHHHH !!!

I just had a fetch quest for the POI I had stashed all my gear in and the entire POI reset, undoing everything I had done to it including removing all the containers I had stuffed full of loot.

Where is that damn undo button...

Yeah something similar happened to me. I had full inventory of sweet loot and had some time for one more POI. I created chest next to the quest marker, dumped everything in it, started the quest and stared flabergasted at the spot where my stuff was a second ago. Good times

Did you put a claim block down? I never take over POI's anymore & if I do use 1 temp. I never upgrade a POI anymore, build your own

No claim block, I was 4 days in on an all out nightmare run, everything was going incredibly smooth right up until that point. I had been running 3 heavy days of fetch quests and had a nice little stash of hard earned gear. Thankfully I stash my coin at the traders.

Too soon in that game to be building a position worth its salt.

What's that they say, "you live and you learn"? Or is it more that "smart people learn from their mistakes, but wise people learn from others mistakes"?

I can work with this anyway, I guess a bunch of zeds crashed my joint while I was out partying, and made a mess of my stuff... Head down, its time for the mop up.... with a thick slathering of vengeance and fury.

Does anybody else feel that the "Upset-Stomache-System" from food is a little too much - especially at the beginning when you don't have access to medicine.

I really feel tricked when freshly cooked water or eggs have this high likelyhood of giving you and upset stomache. Instead of 7% (4%) it should be more 0.7%...

Does anybody else feel that the "Upset-Stomache-System" from food is a little too much - especially at the beginning when you don't have access to medicine.

I really feel tricked when freshly cooked water or eggs have this high likelyhood of giving you and upset stomache. Instead of 7% (4%) it should be more 0.7%...

You can find canned food, yucca juice, tea and mineral water by exploring the POIs.

I really hope that TFP won't decrease the probability of being sick. It's a sword of Damocles that adds spice to the game. There are solutions to all the problems a survivor encounters. Asking for the removal of these problems is taking the risk of loosing the thin "survival" aspect of the game.

You can find canned food, yucca juice, tea and mineral water by exploring the POIs.

I really hope that TFP won't decrease the probability of being sick. It's a sword of Damocles that adds spice to the game. There are solutions to all the problems a survivor encounters. Asking for the removal of these problems is taking the risk of loosing the thin "survival" aspect of the game.

I love this aspect of the game. Adds a little more challenge. There is also a mod that makes it safe while drinking water.

You can always perk into it, but with all the canned food, you prob shouldn't need to, at least for a while anyway. If you really hate it, I'm sure you can edit it out in the xml's. I suggest you adjust your play though. it's really not that bad once you find the various solutions, it also helps to create 'the story' of your game.

@fataal I think I found a bug. I'm playing at 75% loot and when open a bag dropped by zed and in this moment bag dissappear (before inventory shows) there is 100% chance to no loot. Last time I searched 4 bags after bloodmoon and every bag dissappear in moment of search and there was no loot. I saw this bug many times and always there was no loot. When the bag is laying on ground after open, there is loot normally.

(sorry for my english)

I'm not trying to bring up modded anything here, but there is a modlet on the official 7D2D mod launcher (if the modlet is working right now, that is) that decreases the rate of which your gamestage increases by half. So this combined with 200% XP balances it out. Just an FYI to anyone reading this.

Probably already pointed out, but there is no official mod launcher. It just seems that way because Sphereii is awesome

No claim block, I was 4 days in on an all out nightmare run, everything was going incredibly smooth right up until that point. I had been running 3 heavy days of fetch quests and had a nice little stash of hard earned gear. Thankfully I stash my coin at the traders.

Too soon in that game to be building a position worth its salt.

What's that they say, "you live and you learn"? Or is it more that "smart people learn from their mistakes, but wise people learn from others mistakes"?

I can work with this anyway, I guess a bunch of zeds crashed my joint while I was out partying, and made a mess of my stuff... Head down, its time for the mop up.... with a thick slathering of vengeance and fury.

You can always put down a new CB as they are easy to make now, when I place a storage chest, campfire & bag I always put a CB.

I thought I would share this seed again, Oh Death

Doc Watson tune, 1 of my fav's...

There is a Trader with a working Forge with a Coal supply right next to it & iron & lead plus water close by.

There is Desert, snow & burnt forest in range plus the local towns are pretty big, 1 with a Sham Factory.

The other town has a P&P Hosp, Sham Factory with Potas & iron minable right out front.

There is also a SM factory, awesome seed...

I get massive frame drops (down to 5 fps) while loading chunks and going to other biomes with this console yellow message:"Detail rendering shaders not found for the active rendering pipeline, falling back to default shader".

Any idea how to solve this?

Also any hints to improve fps on i7 8750h and gtx 1070 max-q? Getting drops to 40fps for some reason.

Well camisoles at least because we have tank-tops already.

How about daisy dukes and bell bottoms? 😅

- - - Updated - - -

Steam reviews are getting better and better. I'm so happy for devs team. It was a huge move to change so many things but the reward justify the awesome work. Congrats !

Haha, you know it's funny u mention that. The world feels like there are more rocks on the ground. Those geologists must be really happy. Lol

Archived