Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Not even a bicycle? I make my own. :)

Bicycle still requires a schematic or a perk point. I didn't spend a point in that tree. *shrug*

Things have ticked up recently. I'm now day 28 with forge, workbench, chem station, cement mixer, and minibike. I'm doing good now. :) (Still ♥♥♥♥ty armor though. I simply cannot find any good lightweight armor, and the trader hasn't been selling any! I've got 30k dukes ready to spend.)

My favourite part is that you can drop mines in front of you at a full run. =)

O.M.G!

That's far better than dropping your turret in front of you while running away!

Must try this one!

- - - Updated - - -

Hold F to bring up a radial menu and you can toggle your lights (helmet and weapon lights) and night vision goggles on or off as required.

Sweet, and thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

It is not the red sky tint. It is the sun low on the horizon casting long shadows. Morning does it too. Everyday. Once the sun sets that light is disabled, so the FPS increases. Then BM zombies spawn and the FPS decreases. The moon comes up, light enabled, the FPS decreases. At 1440p, the FPS difference was around 45 high, to 38 low, which is normal. Of course the base FPS depends on where you are at and what you are looking at.

Tested on a RTX 2070 on high and ultra. I play on high. I would not be playing on Ultra, if you are.

Yeah, playing in ultra because it just looks so good. Maybe just turn down shadows some then?

Just sit back and wait for the event manager to be born. Game staged events spawning all around you and despawning properly if not interacted with. A world manager that handles it all properly.

Hopefully that and vehicle mods can be the Christmas update. ;)

That said there is always a lot of positive energy in the forums with exp releases. Why not just keep releasing exp updates and only post a steam password here for them? Those long dry spells between updates are soul crushing.

You, Gazz, And Fataal have been AMAZING keeping up with the development interaction, and it's great to feel more in the loop with you guys instead of being sidelined for ages between updates. Build upon it, if possible.

So I'm driving by, a guy goes into a house, and suddenly all the zombies following him fall over dead?

There isn't even a problem. Just sit back and wait for the event manager to be born. Game staged events spawning all around you and despawning properly if not interacted with. A world manager that handles it all properly.

I'm good with that. Just spit balling on ideas. 👍

My crate that had at least 5 potato seeds (I crafted my entire potato stash into seeds for my farm I had planned the next day got destroyed. Its mainly because I'm trying the guy whos names starts with a K I cannot memorize who posted the cool fort's design out and its not done lol. That little ladder hatch next to the stove is where they got in at and they smashed my food stove for the fun of it. I lost some raw meat and all my seeds, rotten flesh, corn, etc basically all my raw foods. I keep ready to eat stuff in a different box, thankfully it survived but not a lot in there tbh.

I'd love to see some screenshots at some point!

Hopefully that and vehicle mods can be the Christmas update. ;)

That said there is always a lot of positive energy in the forums with exp releases. Why not just keep releasing exp updates and only post a steam password here for them? Those long dry spells between updates are soul crushing.

You, Gazz, And Fataal have been AMAZING keeping up with the development interaction, and it's great to feel more in the loop with you guys instead of being sidelined for ages between updates. Build upon it, if possible.

I'd say this or that, but then if we don't ship by x or y, I get called a big fat liar. I'll just show stuff "when its done" and release stuff "when its done" and we'll see what happens from here.

Those are my new favorite settings. Air drops once every 7 days with map marker.

I agree. Gives just the right amount of difficulty for me solo atm and still be able to enjoy everything new/learn the new stuff. I'm STILL discovering new thing, love it.

Although, this save is a patch behind, and I've worked my butt off hording resources. Going to make a couple dart trap setups, make grenades, mollys, more ammo and then turn horde nights on every night with minimal 24 hour cycle as possible.

Gamestage ~200, don't remember. Bring it on :D Gonna see how long I can go before my base is breached and I die.

Had just enough steel to put steel on the inital wall with some leftover for repairs, btw love the new steel block look. I liked the old one, but this one is equally or better for my liking.

I agree. Gives just the right amount of difficulty for me solo atm and still be able to enjoy everything new/learn the new stuff. I'm STILL discovering new thing, love it.

Although, this save is a patch behind, and I've worked my butt off hording resources. Going to make a couple dart trap setups, make grenades, mollys, more ammo and then turn horde nights on every night with minimal 24 hour cycle as possible.

Gamestage ~200, don't remember. Bring it on :D Gonna see how long I can go before my base is breached and I die.

Had just enough steel to put steel on the inital wall with some leftover for repairs, btw love the new steel block look. I liked the old one, but this one is equally or better for my liking.

There should be an unlimited horde setting/mode that tracks how long you survive. Forums would explode with top score bragging...😎

I'd love to see some screenshots at some point!

Its coming along, not quite 100% your design any more, I'm going taller and doing a castle like look. Is it 12x12? I'm still confused about that crafting wall because I can't fit everything under it, I'm one block short.

Here it was before horde night, It has a roof now mid day on day 22.

Archived