Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Completely new here, go easy on me if i'm wrong, but have you linked your Steam account? You don't get full privileges (like seeing attachments I believe) unless you do.

On another note, am I the only one who feels like we should just do away with paint? I feel like it would be a nice QOL change for the brush. I didn't realize what an inconvenience it was until now since I just used it for the first time a couple days ago. I had around 300ish buckets from scraping dyes, which I thought would be enough to cover my base. Turns out I would paint a texture, decide I didn't like it, and repeat a dozen times until I got something that look decent enough. Before I knew it I was out of paint, and had a half textured base without the resources to craft more. Bothered me so much I just spawned me in a full stack of paint.

Might entirely be my fault, maybe i'm just too picky, or maybe I should build smaller bases...

You can craft 1000's of paint for next to nothing.

ARGHHHHH !!!

I just had a fetch quest for the POI I had stashed all my gear in and the entire POI reset, undoing everything I had done to it including removing all the containers I had stuffed full of loot.

Where is that damn undo button...

Rule #1, build your stash chests on the roads.

Tfp

Here is an idea for future Alphas "possibly"

If RwgMixer.xml is set to read from the prefabs folder

or "" and input string for the folder. The Groups in rwg

file can be subfolders. The groups in Rwg can have rules

set to Random, and or any other value choice, This would

make the folder emulate the lines of Rwg presently, or can

make it act as a random element array of names to be placed

in the prefabs.xml file. Basically if it looks for "*.xml"

It would also make it easier to transfer or add pois to the

potential list. Example: prefabs from alpha 17.4 can be copied

to a folder, named 17_4. In RwgMixer a group is added with a

string pointing to that folder under

<prefab rule="industrialGroup" /> and it adds availability of

of the prefabs in that folder. The individual prefab rules are

already there. As long as the blocks and formatting match it

would be seamless integration.

Second idea is to group the Loothelpers with a percentage chance

of which will be in place.

Example: poi_a_01 has a working stiffs box at xy location no matter

what game seed you use. Instead this would render a random loothelper

in that position. So this playthrough poi_a_01 may have a workingstiffs

the next playthrough it may have a shamway, the next it may be garbage pile.

So if the seed Rumbleseat is used for example, each new game created from

that seed may have the same poi, but a random type of loothelper.

Does anybody else feel that the "Upset-Stomache-System" from food is a little too much - especially at the beginning when you don't have access to medicine.

I really feel tricked when freshly cooked water or eggs have this high likelyhood of giving you and upset stomache. Instead of 7% (4%) it should be more 0.7%...

Its fine, you probably just got unlucky. It balances out fine, I have hundreds of hours testing it. If you hate it, buy Iron gut or take vitamins to prevent it in the first place. I was starving once, and took a vitamin and ate a ton of rotten flesh and filled up to 150% food so I didn't have to worry about food for a while. Buy canned foods, they have 0% risk.

Heartbreaking end to my Insane 25% loot Permadeath run just now.

It wasn't the bear ambush in a dead end basement, it wasn't the roaming hordes, it wasn't falling off a building and breaking my leg with every POI zombie aggro'd on me, it wasn't the feral bikers in the night...

It was me walking too close to an army camp in the dark and stepping on a damn landmine :hurt:

Hello brother the survivor. I play the same way you do. Died on day 42, not from the horde. I relaxed, and around the corner a zombie ferral was waiting for me

Biggest thing that I hate (and it's not a problem that needs fixing): When you go to open the safe as the lockpick counts to 0, only to discover that the lockpick broke at 0.1.

Now that's trolling!

I was opening the 10k hp super chest last night, had 5 lock picks and it got to about 90% on the first one, then instantly broke my 5 remaining lockpicks finishing at 99%, and I had to break into it with my pick.

Yeah, that's sad. They keep messing up with Fallout 76. They just released that subscription, which costs $100 a year and includes some long-requested gameplay features which could have been released as free updates as they promised to only monetize cosmetic content. And, half of the subscription features are broken, and private servers aren't really private (they're not hosted on your hardware, instead a server gets hosted by Bethesda, which might have already been played and looted/etc., friends can just join your private server and you have no way to stop them)

Not only friends, but people you have blocked. :/

Heartbreaking end to my Insane 25% loot Permadeath run just now.

It wasn't the bear ambush in a dead end basement, it wasn't the roaming hordes, it wasn't falling off a building and breaking my leg with every POI zombie aggro'd on me, it wasn't the feral bikers in the night...

It was me walking too close to an army camp in the dark and stepping on a damn landmine :hurt:

Yeah those are so dangerous. I was having a good ol time just running to a quest in a the lush green forest and stepped on one of those, boom rekt.

I'm on day 25 ish, and food is still a valid concern. That is hugely awesome for this game.

Especially if u choose a harder game like living in the snow or desert biomes.

I'm on day 20 in snow biome and I've barely finally gotten climate hazards under control lol. (Didnt prioritize it and have probably had to eat more then I probably needed to due to higher calorie burn.) 😎👍

Wow...do torches generate heat? I only have a campfire in my base, which hasn't been used for a couple in game days and walked outside in the morning to find 3 screamers waiting for me. This on day 10. Only thing I can imagine attracting them are the torches I have around the wall. Time to go dark I guess?

Wow...do torches generate heat? I only have a campfire in my base, which hasn't been used for a couple in game days and walked outside in the morning to find 3 screamers waiting for me. This on day 10. Only thing I can imagine attracting them are the torches I have around the wall. Time to go dark I guess?

Yes, torches and candles draw them like zombies to a flame. Electric lights generate less "heat".

Its fine, you probably just got unlucky. It balances out fine, I have hundreds of hours testing it. If you hate it, buy Iron gut or take vitamins to prevent it in the first place. I was starving once, and took a vitamin and ate a ton of rotten flesh and filled up to 150% food so I didn't have to worry about food for a while. Buy canned foods, they have 0% risk.

Holy cow, you can do that? I have tons of vitamins stacked in my chest never using them. Now I can test the bounderies of what is and is not edible. Might zombies be new lifestock?

I'm on day 25 ish, and food is still a valid concern. That is hugely awesome for this game.

Food is not a problem for me on day 38 ( for now )], i just started a farm just for fun to see how it works the new farm plots.

I m on default, maybe that s why i find a S$^$lod of food and guns.

Its not a helicopter. They are more like an airplane.

Yah... is a bit difficult to take of and land with it on rooftops.

Archived