Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I'm pretty sure Telltale already had the license to put the characters in games being that they had other things going. In the end, lawsuits.

I don't think TFP should involve any 3rd parties. They can make this is a franchise and stand on their own.

Picture this... Chris Hardwick on The Talking Dead announcing a special map for 7 Days To Die. That may bring so many new people and they would have to buy the game and the dlc.

Madmole probably thinks we are nuts debating this lol.

Would love to see additional ores added to the game, like Copper and Zinc when mixed into the forge with a crucible you could create bass ingots, or even scrap brass. But essentially adding additional ways to get brass. With the ore veins as they are now the only bottleneck on bullet production is time, and brass. Wrenching cars, sinks, etc. works and provides enough to do everything you need. But using natural resources to produce it would be a pretty nice feeling, allows for more role playing, and provides another use for the crucible other than steel.

Enjoying A18, again great job with this release. I have never been able to keep my group as engaged as they have been in any iteration of this game, even attracting new survivors... to die.

Another dead is dead episode on nightmare. #5

Long story short, if you are late for first horde night and you have no time to check if the POI you found, in the middle of the mountains have an outside stairway to the floor you are hiding on, you are screwed.

#tipofthenight

ROFL. Cool story bro.

I nearly always build my own base even for day 7.

MY day 14 horde was intense. Ferals and BM zombies nightmare, nomad difficulty, normies jog, 16 alive. They breached my fort and broke through my wood floor and made a ladder inside, so I was running circles around on the iron bars punching and healing. I survived though, the game feels perfect when you can barely overcome odds. I have no food, but bought enough for 7 steaks at the trader with my very limited money, and no ammo left, and I haven't located a coal mine yet so GP is still limted. I don't even have a forge yet, but I found a workbench at a trader.

This is the nightmare game I started on but I got wrecked 5 times the first 3 days so I lowered the day time guys to jog and haven't died since, but let me tell you, for whatever reason, it was a big setback I haven't recovered from. Feels awesome. This game started with the new gs loot we did, and I haven't had money to buy any good gear from the trader anyway, and now the good loot is gone anyway, so it will be interesting to see what the game drops. I have one lucky looter rank.

Glad to hear the new patch may be here today but I just crafted my first blue m60(yes I said crafted) and was hoping to get to play with it more. So far, it really seems like a beast. Currently, I feel almost invincible. An m60, silenced AK, iron knuckles with burning shaft plus a turret to watch my back. I still haven’t died in A18 yet and with this loadout, I doubt it will be any time soon. Time to jack up the difficulty. I’m really enjoying this alpha....exciting, stressful and exhilarating all at the same time.

Yeah why not? I keep turning things up and down to keep it exciting and find the sweet spot that matches your current skill level.

Nobody has EVER HAD A LEGENDARY EFFECT, EVER. So stop saying its underwhelming when you haven't got your +8000000 damage to guppies battle axe yet.

lol, I hear ya.... you said that Q6 was legendary. You didn't say, originally, that the current Q6 items were going to change and have an added effect so I was disappointed. Now that you've made it clear, I'm on board with it. A18 is the most fun I've had with 7 days in a long time.

Any details on how this was done for t5 POIs? (e.g. more loot boxes? Added unique loot boxes for higher tiered POIs?)

Edit: tbh I think I've only ever completed 1 tier 5 POI EVER since I played very little in A17.

We increased the duke rewards.

Smart call including pregen maps in this Alpha. With all the generation issues with RWG on day 1 experimental release, navesgane altho an old time favorite would of taken away from that new car feel a bit. 😅

Yeah we didn't want to hold it up waiting for Radeon fix, so I had the idea and it was very easy to do, so it worked out. "Another Joel's cool idea" lol.

Okay, and so does that mean we're going to go into the Day 28 horde with a bunch of brown and orange tier 2 weapons and armor and end up facing 17 demolishers again? Because... yeah. That would suck a bit.

You get what you get. If its a bunch of browns scrap em and craft up a blue, problem solved. You guys wanted crafting to be relevant. I just posted a screen, I have a yellow M60 I could use to end game probably, its not like quality = win, its something but not everything. Perks and a good yellow smoke unperked fully modded purple IMO.

Kinda assumed taza's was legendary.

...and she's my wife, only I get to call her a battle axe. :)

Its a 6 year old prototype of what a legendary might be, but yeah not really what they are going to be. Ours will be ... ah just wait, I really don't want to get into a discussion forum time is getting out of hand for me.

MadMole (Roland): Thank you for the re-directs to the FAQ (Guide). I hadn't updated in a week as I didn't know it was going to get used. (And it does take some effort.)

I have now added Item Quality (and 'purples'), and a bunch of links:

Several of you on game content and direction

Archery and Feathers

Some things that may be coming (radiated wasteland, specialized traders, better roads)

A gamestage one from Faatal

Alpha 18 General FAQ / Guide

I have a hacker convention to go to for the next two days but I promise I will be playing and doing more updates this weekend. Cuz I have a new Gigabyte Aorus Extreme NVidia RTX 2080 TI coming on Friday. Had one come from Amazon (actually a sub-supplier) past Saturday, and the box (torn but factory sealed?) and papers were all for that card - but I got a USED 440 AMD Sapphire 290 instead. Seriously. ~$400 card instead of the $1300 card?

You mean not only for quests, but as soon as you are grouped? Isn't that devaluing the Lucky Looter perk of the perception player?

Its probably whoever has the highest loot GS, so if some guy with lucky looter is on the team and his gs is highest, it will use his. Just guessing. First thing is to unbreak the game so progression feels more like SP to these large teams, we can get into those edge cases later.

I actually forgot about this one, my first iron mine right outside Diersvill, because I depleted all teh iron already, but still has tons of lead.

Is a good example of how I leave the OG node though. But I didn't surround this one in bars like I did the coal, and others. That also makes a great spot to set your junk turret for watching the entrance...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30011[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30012[/ATTACH]

And I made a cozy little spot within some lead here too, do some smelting whilst I mine, etc

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30013[/ATTACH]

Crazy place to just forget about, ended up neat, but again I got what I needed already.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30014[/ATTACH]

Looks like Madmole isn't the only mole. :)

@MM

regarding the zombie rework, what are your thought on random tinted zombie clothes for non special zombies? IMO it would make the game feel a lot more populated. Or is that too much work? IIRC, last time this was mention, you guys said that you have to separate the clothes and the zombie models, is that what you guys are doing now with the new one?

It cannot be done at a quality level we would be happy with. We're probably going to make new radiated zombies for later game that aren't glowing sea dudes so that will add more variety. The problem is everything is too bright. If you look at this image no single zombie stands out. We need to cake every zombie with dirt and blood and desaturate their clothing.

https://img.cinemablend.com/cb/3/1/6/6/2/e/31662ef39527aae5b38e226ae539444a958912a80e569c2adfb5163729c31e97.jpg

When we remaster zombies we could add extra pieces to the model that can be disabled when building the prefab to make someone look a bit different. Hair, missing limb, etc.

I hope Jones finally stops talking about moving up and actually does it, been hearing it for the past 3 years.

Jones has smart defense. I think its possible he can outlast the initial onslaught and win.

No way. Predator only needs to land a partial and you are out cold. Jones is good but only human. He's talking about taking a few years off because all the challengers are weak. I think he's scared of heavyweight because they hit a lot harder. Johnny Walker is coming lol. Its the same reason Adasanya is staying put, he's scared of those bigger guys and likes fighting tiny dudes.

Archived