Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Nice. I usually, not always, but usually click in just as much time as the forge/campfire/chem station says it needs for what it is doing, that way it shuts of when it is done, and is easier to tell when that happens from afar. Yeah it works well with reg wood in the campfire, but for big jobs, like cranking gunpowder or glue in chem station, or smelting tons of material in a forge, logs would be nice. Gonna give it a try.

Have a quick question, maybe I'm not the only one, but sometimes the proposed time vs actual time in the chem station seems off. Like, I'll load what it says it needs, then come back and it's out of fuel and still has work to do. Am I missing something or has anyone else experienced such fluctuations/miscalcs as well? Only really happens in the chem station iirc.

I keep them right in the forge in the output tray, I rarely need all 6 slots.

When that "extra" mod slot is still 1 less than we had in A17? Yes, it's underwhelming.

When the "higher" stats are only a possibility and not assured? Yes, it's underwhelming.

Newcomers will appreciate it then. Sorry we screwed up and spoiled you. Legendaries aren't about mod slots, its abut something something something... dark side.

It was adding everyone together and using team GS. Now (in the next patch) it will use the highest level players GS for loot, for the entire group.

You mean not only for quests, but as soon as you are grouped? Isn't that devaluing the Lucky Looter perk of the perception player?

MadMole,

If Jon Jones moves up to face The Predator, who would win?

Predator KO's him in the first round, like everyone. Jones has no power and is the smaller of the two by a large margin with only a 1" reach advantage. He's also not the beast he was when he was on roids, he's lost his nasty killer instinct when he'd destroy guys with knees and the most vicious elbows in the game. He barely beat some 185'rs that came up, something is off with him now. Maybe he just does enough to win, but he should have put those guys away not wasted 25 minutes on them.

Predator is unstoppable now that he is back with his original coaches. He decimated two former champions JDS and Cain. He's ready for Stipe now, but we'll have to sit through the trilogy with DC and Stipe first.

Oddly enough I couldn't use the 4x4 in A17 (in my final world), nor in A18. :/ Something screwed up. Every time I try to place it down, this happens:

https://imgur.com/GDJbGX3

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you did not do a clean install with the new updates, that or you do not wipe and start over with every update....?

@MM

regarding the zombie rework, what are your thought on random tinted zombie clothes for non special zombies? IMO it would make the game feel a lot more populated. Or is that too much work? IIRC, last time this was mention, you guys said that you have to separate the clothes and the zombie models, is that what you guys are doing now with the new one?

Predator KO's him in the first round, like everyone. Jones has no power and is the smaller of the two by a large margin with only a 1" reach advantage. He's also not the beast he was when he was on roids, he's lost his nasty killer instinct when he'd destroy guys with knees and the most vicious elbows in the game. He barely beat some 185'rs that came up, something is off with him now. Maybe he just does enough to win, but he should have put those guys away not wasted 25 minutes on them.

Predator is unstoppable now that he is back with his original coaches. He decimated two former champions JDS and Cain. He's ready for Stipe now, but we'll have to sit through the trilogy with DC and Stipe first.

I hope Jones finally stops talking about moving up and actually does it, been hearing it for the past 3 years.

Jones has smart defense. I think its possible he can outlast the initial onslaught and win.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you did not do a clean install with the new updates, that or you do not wipe and start over with every update....?

I just carried over, updating the game itself, leaving the other worlds in. Looks like I'm going to have to dig down deep into the files and wipe everything for a clean install, since this bug has persisted over to A18.

I just carried over, updating the game itself, leaving the other worlds in. Looks like I'm going to have to dig down deep into the files and wipe everything for a clean install, since this bug has persisted over to A18.

Yeah that would be best. P.S. Love the new avatar, no more confusion!!! Awesome my dude. :)

I don't see any copyright or trademark violations with this idea. I bet 0 lawsuits too.

I assumed it was obvious that they would need to work with the makers of the walking dead. Common sense is not so common.

The console version worked with them and used the walking dead game skins in 7 days.

Well yea of course it was, but they had to pay the makers of the walking dead also. I think I remember Roland saying it was really expensive for them to do that.

I'm pretty sure Telltale already had the license to put the characters in games being that they had other things going. In the end, lawsuits.

I don't think TFP should involve any 3rd parties. They can make this is a franchise and stand on their own.

Archived