Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Which is exactly why they stopped. Unless a poll is initiated by one of the developers for the purpose of officially getting some community feedback on an issue it isn't going to be happening any more. There was too much of an attitude of "Why did TFP do A when the poll said they should do B" and the developers don't want to give the impression that designing this game is determined by polls.

Just admit it, it was for your amusement.

Is loot based on party gamestage instead of individual because that might actually explain a LOT then and if it is, does it take distance from party members into account?

It was adding everyone together and using team GS. Now (in the next patch) it will use the highest level players GS for loot, for the entire group.

We rescaled the rewards in today's patch.

Any details on how this was done for t5 POIs? (e.g. more loot boxes? Added unique loot boxes for higher tiered POIs?)

Edit: tbh I think I've only ever completed 1 tier 5 POI EVER since I played very little in A17.

But how do you know that you wouldn't be getting 20 new ones that liked the older systems?

The flaw in your argument is you're assuming you're getting new customers because of the lamed systems, and not because the game has risen in popularity as a result of the old systems. I just made that argument cut both ways.

In short, it's much more likely that you are gaining a larger audience because of advertisement, how long the game has been around, and word-of-mouth, then because you streamlined the systems. How would a new player know you streamlined the systems, to *want* to purchase?

I'm not even saying you're wrong, I'm saying that you are making assumptions that are just as bad as the ones we make. :-)

Sales, steam charts, reviews represent the quality of your live build every single time. We put out a dud and the floor drops, we put out a gem and move up the charts and stay there for the most part.

In short one wrong turn and sales drop. I've seen it on our rough builds, and seen it on other alpha games. Rust was on fire, then they decided to do frame work builds and slowly dropped from the top sellers until the rebooted reworked exerimental was actually playable then they were back, then they improved that and have been camping on page 1 for a long time now and have 60k players. Its because its a good product that runs good, is accessible, looks decent and is very good at what it does. (pvp)

@madmole/any fun pimp staff

are you guys going to update navezgane?

i ask this cuz a area in the wasteland were the Radioactive area is. it looks like a lay out of a city with cars , street lamps etc?

It has been updated every release.

It has been updated every release.

Smart call including pregen maps in this Alpha. With all the generation issues with RWG on day 1 experimental release, navesgane altho an old time favorite would of taken away from that new car feel a bit. 😅

Just admit it, it was for your amusement.

Guilty!

People complain about loss of LBD, zombie loot, and craftable purples in the game but they don't know MY pain.

Loss of Polls = Forum Dumb Down for moderators

(Can I get a Hell Yeah! Crater Creator?)

Made level 10 fortitude, 5 brawler and 5 healer this morning. Cleared out the church twice and it was oh so fun.

I love how frequent heads explode. The next patch punches are about 30% faster, so even more glorious head explosions. Knives are much faster too, axes etc. Damages are all scaled so dps is the same, but it just feels way better having faster attacks.

I love how frequent heads explode. The next patch punches are about 30% faster, so even more glorious head explosions. Knives are much faster too, axes etc. Damages are all scaled so dps is the same, but it just feels way better having faster attacks.

Oooo, sounds sexy. Makes the smaller weapons more appealing. Are there already wpn mods that increase swing speed? If not, there should be. 😅

Referring to mods is not weak. We can't jump out of our chair and change a design every time someone suggests something. Its a matter of personal preference 99% of the time and our preference is to make a great game that isn't too tedious at unrewarding basic actions. So what if you or even 5000 guys on reddit all+1000000 some idea. We have to finish the game and move forward not keep going backwards to try yet another random idea. At the end of the day you spawn naked, find loot, build a fort, eat, craft, buy, sell etc. We're not revisiting topics again when we are very happy with them.

Mods are to help players fulfill their personal fantasy about x y or z feature, or provide a challenge to guys who have mastered the game, etc. We have to make the game appeal to a broad audience and be easy or at least manageable to learn. I don't see any value in a lot of ideas, and think they would be horrible for business to be 100% honest, so I'm going to say hey make a mod then. Even if its a great idea, same answer, make a mod because we're done with that and moving forwawrd.Your vision, Joe blows vision, Frank's vision are not TFP's vision. Maybe snowdog wants necrophelia in the game, but we can't do that. Some people want fishing and a 2020 ram truck in the game, but we'll have to settle for no fishing and a 4x4. Everyone has their own tastes we make the base game, modders can mod. Its a win win. No need to feel salty because your mod idea isn't going in the base game. If its that great, we'll probably put it in a future version. Every mod I ever made for Oblivion got implemented into Skyrim.

Some people will take this as dumbing it down or whatever, but most people love 18 so I think we're doing a good job.

Ahhh I see where you are coming from now when it comes to directing players to mods, I did not think of it like that (thus the reason your a dev and I'm not lol). I humbly retract my statement that I made based upon my ignorance. =)

Guilty!

People complain about loss of LBD, zombie loot, and craftable purples in the game but they don't know MY pain.

Loss of Polls = Forum Dumb Down for moderators

(Can I get a Hell Yeah! Crater Creator?)

Well you could just let any user make a poll so that they are all for fun by default. If TFP wants an official one, if ever again, title as official and sticky.

Oooo, sounds sexy. Makes the smaller weapons more appealing. Are there already wpn mods that increase swing speed? If not, there should be.

He showcased gun mods that increased the rate of fire for some weapons a while back. Wonder what happened to them?

It was adding everyone together and using team GS. Now (in the next patch) it will use the highest level players GS for loot, for the entire group.

Okay, and so does that mean we're going to go into the Day 28 horde with a bunch of brown and orange tier 2 weapons and armor and end up facing 17 demolishers again? Because... yeah. That would suck a bit.

Waitaminute... hey Roland. You're in charge of our avatar labels, right?

I am now "Ranger"... how did you know that is my in-game name. Well, close, it's RangerRedd, but still. Is that just a wild guess/fluke or did you know that somehow?

Number of forum posts automatically changes your rank.

Okay, and so does that mean we're going to go into the Day 28 horde with a bunch of brown and orange tier 2 weapons and armor and end up facing 17 demolishers again? Because... yeah. That would suck a bit.

Change wetted trousers, perk up weapon, scrap bunch of brown and orange weapons, craft tier 4 or 5 weapon. :rapture:

Archived