Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

lol, I hear ya.... you said that Q6 was legendary. You didn't say, originally, that the current Q6 items were going to change and have an added effect so I was disappointed. Now that you've made it clear, I'm on board with it. A18 is the most fun I've had with 7 days in a long time.

I did say it, but it was missed by a few lol.

MadMole (Roland): Thank you for the re-directs to the FAQ (Guide). I hadn't updated in a week as I didn't know it was going to get used. (And it does take some effort.)

I have now added Item Quality (and 'purples'), and a bunch of links:

Several of you on game content and direction

Archery and Feathers

Some things that may be coming (radiated wasteland, specialized traders, better roads)

A gamestage one from Faatal

Alpha 18 General FAQ / Guide

I have a hacker convention to go to for the next two days but I promise I will be playing and doing more updates this weekend. Cuz I have a new Gigabyte Aorus Extreme NVidia RTX 2080 TI coming on Friday. Had one come from Amazon (actually a sub-supplier) past Saturday, and the box (torn but factory sealed?) and papers were all for that card - but I got a USED 440 AMD Sapphire 290 instead. Seriously. ~$400 card instead of the $1300 card?

Nothing like more fps to enjoy the game.

One thing that I would love to see is more visibility for the Blunderbuss. I have never found one in game and I didn't even think of it till I happened to read about it on the forums.

It is the only firearm that you can make as soon as you get the pars. But a player may toss it once they get another firearm.

I think that it would be great if you could find it in a nearby stash like that old house the player always starts near at.

Or maybe as a reward to finishing the starter quest.

Maybe an optional quest to make one so players know that they have that option.

Its in that bucket called "Stuff to sort out".

I think MM mentioned having primitive guns like there are primitive melee wpns.

Theorycraft:

T1 pistol: BB gun/slingshot? Lol

T1 shotgun: Blunderbuss

Perception musket rifle, fort auto pipe rifle, strength blunder, agility bone knife, int: potato gun.

You should choose to, that would be neat. I admittedly stopped watching that series a year or two ago, but enjoyed it before that, and it would be fun to see some of that lore in here regardless. Plus they've lost a lot of viewership lately, so they could use some love, I think.

Well most likely would have to do a deal with the new owners. We could republish the stuff we made, and its comic and not the tv show, like some characters belong to the tv show. Its not something we need to do but at some point we could sell those skin packs on pc if we wanted.

Oh you got that back too? Nice!

Still think you don't need it though. Probably more people playing this than watching TWD at the moment.

We used to watch each show when it aired (well recorded and watched right after), now we record the whole season and watch it whenever, just not a priority because the show degraded the last couple of years. Fear is almost better now.

So far this really is the best release to date. @madmole

If yo have the server power and home computer specs to run the game well it creates a hugely intense player experience.

I am able to do server events now that look a lot like "They Are Billions" i call it they are hundreds lol.

yes i know we are still in experimental but it looks great plays well and is just better and more scary.

Great work TFP...

Hello From CANADA.

Glad your liking it, guy with 800 posts I've never seen before lol. Are you a letterkenny fan?

....I don't care which one of you does it, but one of you mechani-xxx's has to change your name. Or stop talking to one another.

And so was born a new user named Guppyslur, a drunkard who antagonizes Guppy on a daily basis, types walls of text and words that blend together not so seamlessly.

I had a really long break from this game and It feels damn good to jump back in.

Food feels more balanced now like im on day 19 in my current game and I still need to keep on top of it here and there although I actually just put down a few of these "farm plots" which is completely new to me, I definitely like that the seed remains planted once I harvest the fully grown plant, it's a nice touch.

It is my first time using the recently added motorbike too, makes me feel like a badass mutha riding that beast around.

I'm hooked again.

P.s congrats on getting the rights back for console version, really good news firm handshakes all'round.

Thanks, glad you like it. I love your avatar.

Sorry, was in a bit of a hurry when I posted that, and it wasn't clear at all what I was asking. Specifically, is the gamestage formula change just for loot, or is it for blood moons as well? There's definitely a difference in difficulty between, say, GS46 x 5 players and GS149, which was what we had that night. We were running Tier 3 weapons that night, and we still got rekt.

If we go into that same GS149 horde night and all we've got is tier 2s, we might as well split up the party and spread out to go solo. I get that there's efficiencies with a solid team communicating well and that means they're more effective than the same number of solo players, but not 300% more effective.

Also, didn't see that change in the "changed" or "fixed" list on the b155 announce post, so wanted to make sure it definitely made it.

The game will be just as hard game stage wise, its just not raining purples in loot any more. Worst case scenario is you can tweak the settings to get by. Lower difficulty, longer game days, slower xp etc. It should be fine, I play solo with 16 alive with nightmare ferals/blood moon and nomad, and I'm fine. I'm sure your big group can handle 8.

Archived