Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

There are certain forum members present who like starting naked. I won't name names.

I'm naked when I start the game.. by the time I finish playing I'm still naked. More skid marks on this chair than at the Indy 500.

- - - Updated - - -

looks like a clear boob with an inverted nipple,

Tell me more

22K playing now! Looks like the last update did the trick. :)

I know I like it, I started over but I'm still testing out different builds anyway.

I like working on the bottom 4 perks of Fortitude for awhile

then go to INT to get my minibike

then whatever the best weapon I currently have at that point, is where I focus on.

I'm doing a strength build but all I have is a crappy double barrel, but 4 ranks of boomstick and pummel pete. I found a baseball bat early, and the 10% damage to humans book, and 10% damage to bats book so I'm pretty brutal with it. I was scavenging gas at night and feeling cocky in my all brown iron armor 2 zeds come running up and I'm smacking them, right after I wreck the 2nd one I see a full horde running up on me, so I got on the bike and got the hell out of there. It was awesome and I can see how the random event manager will add much random tension to the game in 19.

I got to thinking how every game I buy blacksmith because by the time you find a forge schematic in the sea of random books and schematics that come your way its always too late. What if broken workstations had a fair chance to drop a schematic of the specific workstation? I usually keep my manuals near my appliances. Then you loot broken forges to find forge schematics. Broken cement mixers for those, etc.

Great idea!

I got to thinking how every game I buy blacksmith because by the time you find a forge schematic in the sea of random books and schematics that come your way its always too late. What if broken workstations had a fair chance to drop a schematic of the specific workstation? I usually keep my manuals near my appliances. Then you loot broken forges to find forge schematics. Broken cement mixers for those, etc.

Speaking of...

I never gave this much thought until now. In my current game by chance I built 300km away from a trader. It turns out that the trader has a working forge, a working workbench, a working chem station, and a working cement mixer. Basically a jackpot. I would have never said it before, but I am thinking maybe all of these stations should be broken and if you want to use them, you can fix them.

I know I just got lucky, at least in the eyes of players who like this sort of thing. Its the first time I have ever had this happen... but I can't help but feel like a big part of the game has just been taken away from me. I know a lot of people are going to get on me for making this statement and suggestion, but please try to see this from the perspective of someone who enjoys the survival aspect of the game.

That might work. Altho, right now I like the amount of resources u get from destroyed versions. It doesnt feel so much of a bummer that it's not a functional one.

- - - Updated - - -

22K playing now! Looks like the last update did the trick. :)

I know I like it, I started over but I'm still testing out different builds anyway.

I like working on the bottom 4 perks of Fortitude for awhile

then go to INT to get my minibike

then whatever the best weapon I currently have at that point, is where I focus on.

It's also the 1st weekend. If it's still that next weekend then things are looking good. 😁

How come?

A variety of reasons.

They were OP if placed flat zombies had to walk on them and couldn't attack them. The barbed wire trap we have is the intended

one to use, zombies can attack them.

They were very clunky to place for users

They looked ok at best if used properly by a level designer. They were never intended to be a player block, gazz went crazy early on and made way too many blocks player craftable, so we're cleaning stuff up for a while now.

Less crafting recipes = faster menus.

This is a great idea. What if you took the wrench to broken crafting benches gave you a small chance to get the mats required for that particular workbench?

They come with a big clear plastic subwoofer that looks like a clear boob with an inverted nipple, it weird as hell but I love the sound.

Sound is more than great, had similar few years ago, before an accident caused by a piece of nature called a cat.

Update: same cat is on my lap preventing me from going to bed. Need help here.

*tapping fingers on my desk*

Archived