Trader and economy balance thread

madmole

Traiders should specialize in different types of goods.

A traider may sell a card with the location of another nearest traider.

The traider may give us a card with the location of another traider as quest reward.

The traider can give out the location of another traider, if there will be a quest in which we need to take some item that the first traider and will give it to another traider.

Disagree.. Traders having the bulk of their goods lean towards a certain category, is a good incentive in the early/mid game, to get players that use traders, out and exploring different areas of the map, so they eventually get the full range available.

Them having a Specialized set of goods they mostly sell, doesn't necessarily mean 'All' their goods would just be in one category.

Just so you know: the rwg of their placement, of poi in general, isn't even fully working right..

Also, What is wrong with some of them being placed on the opposite side of the map you spawned in?

Isn't the point of random is, so those that want it, can try to overcome not knowing where everything is at in the beginning?

I don't believe there's anything wrong with some of them being placed on the opposite side of the map I spawn in. I just would not want to walk from one end of the map to the other to find a trader who sells a pick axe. I take your point about the placement not working right yet, I have seen that in most of my restarts.

Well i did.

Buy Q1 Cloth armor part, scrap it, make Splint, use splint, calm down

In fact i buy much Q1 stuff to scrap it

Me too Royal. I have bought a quality 1 pick or axe in early game because it was the only one I had seen and I was very grateful for it. Not everyone finds the exact same items. In one play through, I had trouble finding a pickaxe and didn't have one until I could craft it myself, which was well past level 30 because of the way I had specced. That's a long time to be using a stone axe.

I guess it just comes down to everyone's play style and everyone's game is different. Just because it doesn't work that way in your game, doesn't mean it doesn't happen in someone else's game.

Edit: Oh and I too am having trouble with ammo. I use more to clear a POI than I get back, and I can't seem to find enough coal or nitrate to make my own.

Edit: Oh and I too am having trouble with ammo. I use more to clear a POI than I get back, and I can't seem to find enough coal or nitrate to make my own.

My current game it works for me (but its a modded game, so not 100% comparable)

* Try to get a good shotgun soon with enough Mods and perks.

* Make a Melee Hordebase (used only arround 50 Shotgun shells on day 7)

* Use your sledgehammer allways you can without risk

current game i do this and i have some extra rounds. But no idea how it looks at day 49 (with all that bulletsponge zombies)

Are you playing 17.1? You get about 10k xp for t3 quest, and 1125-1500 dukes, AND the quest rewards, I think the XP and dukes are great, but the rewards might be trashy I didn't do that part.

I've completed only 2 tier V quests.

The first one (fetch) has as reward

3300 XP (300 bonus), 145 dukes

and the second one (hidden cache) got

3850 xp (350 bonus) and 1537 dukes

Tier V not Tier III

I'm lazy to get a screenshot but yeah. That is the xp and dukes for those quest.

I'm playing the stable version.

We're going to add legendary items with probably random values, so the quest for the best loot will be endless.

Legendary? Why would you do this? Why not add things we need like brass, medical supplies that are needed to craft, food needed for crafting food etc. Adding items that break the games challenge is game breaking IMHO. Survival crafting game not Wow lite please.

Legendary? Why would you do this? Why not add things we need like brass, medical supplies that are needed to craft, food needed for crafting food etc. Adding items that break the games challenge is game breaking IMHO. Survival crafting game not Wow lite please.

Day 49+ you will be bored and like this change.

Day 49+ you will be bored and like this change.

No were not bored on day 49 with 17. If we were talking 16 or earlier yes but 17 has fixed this issue. What is the focus on quests? This is a survival crafting game, not a mmo lite questing hub game. Quests break the game as of now its a way to get around the loot respawn setting in the game.

No were not bored on day 49 with 17. If we were talking 16 or earlier yes but 17 has fixed this issue. What is the focus on quests? This is a survival crafting game, not a mmo lite questing hub game. Quests break the game as of now its a way to get around the loot respawn setting in the game.

No idea how it is for you, but before day 49 i have all equipment in Q6, (nearly)all mods. And a finished Medium Rconcrete base of ?6000? blocks

See no issue with Legendary weapons that have a random Bonus on top you can spend months of looting to get 1% more damage

at the moment i think that dukes are a joke, once u can craft 4-6 quality items you have all the money in world by spam crafting basic tools (no need too go further on more complicated crafting but you could). I would reduce the prices for craftable stuff and increase for noncraftale (recipes, books, even mods since you need a non-craftable component). Also there is huge difference between quality price i would reduce it.

Also increase the price of food, this is the apocalypse we are all hungry, atm i can eat for days by selling a iron club...

Legendary? Why would you do this? Why not add things we need like brass, medical supplies that are needed to craft, food needed for crafting food etc.

While basic crafting supplies might benefit minmaxing better, interesting items are more... interesting.

Adding items that break the games challenge is game breaking IMHO.

That is correct because a game-breaking item is by definition game-breaking. ;)

It's somewhat obvious and I don't see how this has anything to do with the topic.

This is a survival crafting game, not a mmo lite questing hub game.

I don't see anything in the Kickstarter description that specifically excludes quests.

When it comes to "Legendary" I would be more than happy with tools that don't degrade or do so at a marked decrease in rate. Unique Armors and Armor mods that Auto-stop Bleeding or add a small bonus to Night Camo are a few other things on my wish list. Nothing game breaking but items I would certainly go out of my way to try to gain to make life easier in 7D2D.

How about a Grapple Hook Launcher? hehe

Maybe you should call them custom shop items or something to fit the theme a little better, can't wait for them either way :)

Legendary items by any name would smell as sweet. I dont think its silly to call something legendary. Before the apocalypse there would have been many legendary weapons being hoarded by the "preppers" in little underground bunkers. Can't see anything wrong with calling them legendary.

Or maybe make a poi that is only for that like a bus stop

But yes, a vending machine fresh restocked in a Zombie infested basement ... is not immersive.

I dunno, I think the vending machines selling bacon and eggs, meat stews and such is worse than where you can find them. I mean bottled or canned food/drink makes sense, but the stews and the rest does not. I'd also like to see that ONLY the vending machines inside a trader POI actually restocks, it makes no sense how this random vending machine in some poi in the middle of no where restocks everyday.

Archived