Very bad Random Gen

custom_hero

1) i'm generated 10 random worlds from size 8х8. all generated world not contains, big cities, sky scrapers. Then i generated 10 random worlds from size 16х16, world really big, but 50% space is empty (empty landscape). I hope devs fix this

2) 17a RWG square world 8х8 have real size 7.6х7.6=57.76

16a RWG round world R=10 have real size 3.14*10х10=314

314/57.76=5.43

New world 5.43 times smaller, not 2 not 3times, 5.43!!!

last nail for coffin cap a17

even if everything works fine in a17, anyway i will play a16. Because of the large size of the world. it was always very interesting to generate a new, big world and explore it.

a17 - 5.43 times no more interesting

question: do you want to live 15 years or 80? Want to die in 15 years?

80 / 5.5 = 15)))

this is scary. A terrible change in the game.

I think after a17 the next update should be a16. Really, if a person who has not played a16, bought the game recently, played only a17, after installs version a16, he will play wondering

Hello custom_hero!

I was wondering - what about the time to generate those worlds? I would expect them to be long. I did a MP map for a Lan game and it was a 4x4 which took almost 10 min...

We've been playing Navezgane on a dedi, so I'm wondering if it would take a while for a dedi to generate the world, possibly the same amount of time.

RWG gets more atrocious every patch but this round, TFP have really outdone themselves in the name of MUHREALISM™. In a 4x4 map, I have 0.1% desert and very little snow.

Plains? Wasteland? What's that? I see nothing but a giant forest world with endless forest towns. Boring!

Also load times for singe player games are inacceptable. I made a 16km world to test - which took 72 minutes to generate. Ok, thats long, but since its only done once, i can live with it.

But, when i try to load my game on with this world (continue) it takes more than 15 minutes to load. Thats something i cannot live with. (Or the excessive amount of main menory thats used (16k map = 15 Gig Ram, going back to menu twice and clicking continue: 28 Gigs Ram used, followed by crash to desktop - i guess there is a ram leak somewhere......)

Also load times for singe player games are inacceptable. I made a 16km world to test - which took 72 minutes to generate. Ok, thats long, but since its only done once, i can live with it.

But, when i try to load my game on with this world (continue) it takes more than 15 minutes to load. Thats something i cannot live with. (Or the excessive amount of main menory thats used (16k map = 15 Gig Ram, going back to menu twice and clicking continue: 28 Gigs Ram used, followed by crash to desktop - i guess there is a ram leak somewhere......)

...and that's why it's greyed out.

The new RWG map is frankly embarrassing. I'm really surprised TFP decided to throw away the impressive generator they had in A16. No floating structures, roads MOSTLY worked, biome was dependent on altitude, etc etc. It was a good system.

This new "3-zone" layout is an enormous step backwards. Now there's almost zero reason to explore for a good biome, because the player always knows that snow is in the north, and desert is in the south, and the middle is comfy temperate forest. All the towns are pathetically sized; possibly because the average house now has 10x as much quality loot.

There have been many charges of "dumbing down" the game since we've started playing A17, and I think it's warranted here. I would really love to hear the rationale for this change. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing thrown together to get A17 out the door, and they intend to make the mapgen more dynamic and bring back big cities.

Skyscrapers are a known bug, and the generation was an intended decision... Tin has a mixer file that solves that.

A17.0_2018-11-23_09-34-33.jpg.

..spend the time pregeneating to increase performance in game, or generate on the fly to get in faster but performance sucks.

I think they chose wisely.

Skyscrapers are a known bug, and the generation was an intended decision... Tin has a mixer file that solves that.

..spend the time pregeneating to increase performance in game, or generate on the fly to get in faster but performance sucks.

My major issue with a17 rwgmixer is the biomes, I'd rather it be like a16 where they are spread all over, insted of: always snow at north, always desert at south, middle is always forest. I'll try tins mixer file, its probally better than the one in a17 currently.

but not playable. RWG is garbage. period. nobody wanted a closed off 4k small map with no options. run a server on one of these? what a joke. wipe every week. there's a reason people play navezgane once.

So make an 8k, or a 16k. (Shrug)

The future is much brighter with the new system imo.

And that's what we're looking for a few, if you say it's a known problem, are you supposed to solve it? For when it comes out stable we hope that it is solved that so much house goes down at the end we return to the fault that I had in the 14 or 15 I do not remember which only left mini cities

Hey Guppy

Dont take this the wrong way but what you are saying here is that the entire team at TFP know this is broken and cant fix it or cant be arsed to fix it but hey! Tin fixed it by himself in a couple of days so just use his mod.

Do you realise how insulting that statement is? and further how badly it reflects on the dev team?? not having a go at you mate but think about that statement from a customer perspective, its like Apple saying hey we know a major feature of our phones does not work but just go to the app store because some guy there has a fix.

If there is a known error with a simple fix then the DEVS need to fix it, thats their JOB!

Hey Guppy

Dont take this the wrong way but what you are saying here is that the entire team at TFP know this is broken and cant fix it or cant be arsed to fix it but hey! Tin fixed it by himself in a couple of days so just use his mod.

Do you realise how insulting that statement is? and further how badly it reflects on the dev team?? not having a go at you mate but think about that statement from a customer perspective, its like Apple saying hey we know a major feature of our phones does not work but just go to the app store because some guy there has a fix.

If there is a known error with a simple fix then the DEVS need to fix it, thats their JOB!

How did you read all that from him? I didn't get that at all. Where did he say they can't fix it? It is a known bug it doesn't say it isn't fixed just because they haven't released a patch update yet to show it is fixed?

Yeh, not seeing the issue bloom. They'll fix it, if it's not already fixed in whatever build (201?) we get today.

Or, they'll decide to hold off until kinyajuu gets back and fixes the performance a bit first.

Either way, I'm fine with it.

It's like the 16k maps... They're disabled for a reason. For now. But, you can make one if you want.

RWG gets more atrocious every patch but this round, TFP have really outdone themselves in the name of MUHREALISM™. In a 4x4 map, I have 0.1% desert and very little snow.

Plains? Wasteland? What's that? I see nothing but a giant forest world with endless forest towns. Boring!

Aren’t you lucky, the only biome I have encountered this entire time (in my current playthrough) is a burning forest and I have been walking for over THREE DAYS.

Archived