Death penalty is too much!

Dragonsblade71uk

Just watched a streamer, and that death penalty is way crazy.

I don`t mind a penalty, but I think that 1 hour is a bit too much.

Maybe drop it too 15 minutes, and then add 15 per death. Also have an option, to make it more or less (Or none at all), or maybe link it too difficulty for those that want it.

I hope that this is something we can mod!!

I don't know 1 hour isn't really that long when you are keeping busy. If you don't keep busy I guess it could feel like a long time. Have some backup tools and a few other things and it really will not be that bad. Starting off to get to the point to be able to be at that will be a challenge but imo a good challenge. But just my thoughts everyone is different.

Jeez folks, try to at least accept some challenge. We've had ppl complaining about digging zombies already, I've watched streams where ppl die on purpose to fast travel back to base as they've already died 20 times. This is disgusting. Death should have massive penalties, it's a survival game, dead is dead should be the default if you ask me. Learn from your mistakes, put points in armor and health instead of tool and cement upgrades.

But TFP can't please everyone, would be surprised if it wasn't moddable in xml files.

It blocks out recent progress on skills, but this doesn't mean you're level 1 unless you've just started.

The main reason streamers are dying a lot is that everyone is used to death being meaningless.

A tough penalty would be to make the xp loss permanent. Overly harsh would be automatically deleting your character.

It blocks out recent progress on skills, but this doesn't mean you're level 1 unless you've just started.

The main reason streamers are dying a lot is that everyone is used to death being meaningless.

A tough penalty would be to make the xp loss permanent. Overly harsh would be automatically deleting your character.

I mean that all skill are reduced to level 1 for the duration, effectively making your char a level 1 char.

I'm curious how he died? Full health when engaging? Any armor? What weapons was he using vs zombie numbers?

Was a MP server, with about 3 others. There was about 5-6 zombies, screamers, and a feral. Not sure about armour. He was using a comp bow.

He was trying to dead with the feral, and got jumped by 2 dogs. That was the last time. He died a couple of times while I watched.

I mean that all skill are reduced to level 1 for the duration, effectively making your char a level 1 char.

But only for 1 hour then you back where you was. So it isn't permanent. It also doesn't take effect until you are level 5. So you have a little time to get set up and stuff. It really isn't that bad but as I said above that is just my opinion.

Was a MP server, with about 3 others. There was about 5-6 zombies, screamers, and a feral. Not sure about armour. He was using a comp bow.

He was trying to dead with the feral, and got jumped by 2 dogs. That was the last time. He died a couple of times while I watched.

Ouch, yeah I woulda down a beer ran like hell vs that lot. Really hyped for how challenging the zombies are in A17.

This.

Wellness was not a good design.

At any level, as soon as you hit 70 wellness you were completely immune to penalties: Broken.

At higher levels with good gear and wellness you were invincible so no penalty: Broken.

A17: The death penalty can increase with successive deaths and it resets the timer so even if you die once, you are not automatically immune to penalties - as some have assumed.

It also scales so no - it does not block out every possible progress. That kind of hyperbole won't get anyone taken seriously.

Will it need balancing? Who knows? It's experimental. Expect changes.

And yes, some players don't want consequences in their game. That's cool. Tap god mode briefly and it should clear the death debuff.

I really love that death penalty and I didn’t played yet.

My mate on the server died a lot because of the “Rambo-style” he played and his wellness was capped at 70.

In A17 he will be doing different...and not because I am gonna tell him...the game tells him to care about death ��

I`m not fighting against the dealth penalty, just that its too long. As i said 15minutes. A whole hour (Realtime), is too long.

I`m not fighting against the dealth penalty, just that its too long. As i said 15minutes. A whole hour (Realtime), is too long.

Iam with you. It should be depending on the day time you choose. We always play with 120min so 60min sounds perfekt.

But a lot of people do 60min or less...

It forces you to adapt instead of making you make a coffee.

It actually makes you care for your life.

15 min can be AFK'ed out without any fuss, 1h is decent.

This.

Wellness was not a good design.

At any level, as soon as you hit 70 wellness you were completely immune to penalties: Broken.

At higher levels with good gear and wellness you were invincible so no penalty: Broken.

A17: The death penalty can increase with successive deaths and it resets the timer so even if you die once, you are not automatically immune to penalties - as some have assumed.

It also scales so no - it does not block out every possible progress. That kind of hyperbole won't get anyone taken seriously.

Will it need balancing? Who knows? It's experimental. Expect changes.

And yes, some players don't want consequences in their game. That's cool. Tap god mode briefly and it should clear the death debuff.

Thanks Gaz!

Loving this idea. Death should be scary.

Any chance, Gaz, that we can get a "optional" Dead is Dead put in?

You die, your game is deleted.

Pretty please.

NjmfJXp.gif

Never hurts to ask.

Archived