HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Turn off reflections.

I cant do anything about the blocks at this stage. We dont have access to the array. Would need to rebuild the entire array. (Im not willing to do this yet - lots of work - and the new block textures arent all bad either ;) ).

The other is the sleeper volumes in POI's.

I didnt realise the TFP had added all the ores back in to more than just the 2 textures. My Mistake. Sorry to make you all download something again so soon.

I have updated the terrain textures to resolve this and also rebuilt each of those projects in unity. They are slightly sharper now than before, particularly 4K.

I wont update the main files for this version/hotfix on nexus, so if you are a new user downloading, please grab the appropriate main file, install, then patch with the fixed terrain bundles (separate download) in the same method.

Launcher is also updated so you should get the new bundle magically.

Install this bundle as usual.

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUS

DOWNLOAD FROM GITLAB 4K

DOWNLOAD FROM GITLAB 2K

Also Available on Sphereii's Launcher

Hello and happy new years guys!

I saw in last episode of G4K the wonder of your work and I'd loved to use all but the trees, not personnally like the palm and what replaced pine forest so here it is:

how could I change it to not use tree and biome of pine forest but keep everything else? I'm not a total moron and know how to make change and find in xml files

thanks in advance and wonderfull work you've made here!

yep sorry I know I'm a liability :bi_polo:

I love all other but I don't know why it looks strange for me those trees in swamp forest, terrain is nice but biome looks too junguly for me

Loving the new textures :) game looks amazing now , maybe it would be easier for you if there were different versions on the launcher i.e Full Overhaul, Textures only and perhaps ways people can mix and match if they want the new biomes and trees ??

Some like the new trees some don't and personal choices vary so much when a game overhaul is presented and sometimes peoples thoughts on changes are heavily based on what they already have got used to.

Could the new biomes and trees be done as optional modlets ?

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typos doh (see edit history)

yep sorry I know I'm a liability :bi_polo:

I love all other but I don't know why it looks strange for me those trees in swamp forest, terrain is nice but biome looks too junguly for me

Thats fine. in biomes.xml find these lines under pine forest.

<decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_L1" prob ="0.1" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_L2" prob ="0.05" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_P1" prob ="0.04" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_M1" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_M2" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D1" prob ="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D2" prob ="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D3" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D4" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>

replace with

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeDeadShrub" prob="0.01" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeJuniper4m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine12m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine19m" prob="0.0015" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine27m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine31m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPineDry21m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine41m" prob="0.004" rotatemax="7"/>
<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakLrg01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed02" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakSml01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeFirLrg01" prob ="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine48m" prob ="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>

Then you will need to go and find these blocks ^ above in blocks.xml and change their meshfile entry to match that of vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Loving the new textures :) game looks amazing now , maybe it would be easier for you if there were different versions on the launcher i.e Full Overhaul, Textures only and perhaps ways people can mix and match if they want the new biomes and trees ??

Some like the new trees some don't and personal choices vary so much when a game overhaul is presented and sometimes peoples thoughts on changes are heavily based on what they already have got used to.

Could the new biomes and trees be done as optional modlets ?

I understand. They will be in the next update.

Thats fine. in biomes.xml find these lines under pine forest.

<decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_L1" prob ="0.1" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_L2" prob ="0.05" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_P1" prob ="0.04" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_M1" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_M2" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D1" prob ="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D2" prob ="0.004" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D3" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>
     <decoration type="block" blockname="HDHQ_D4" prob ="0.002" rotatemax="3"/>

replace with

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeDeadShrub" prob="0.01" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeJuniper4m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine12m" prob="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine19m" prob="0.0015" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine27m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine31m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPineDry21m" prob="0.002" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine41m" prob="0.004" rotatemax="7"/>
<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakLrg01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed02" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakSml01" prob ="0.001" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeFirLrg01" prob ="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>
		<decoration type="block" blockname="treeMountainPine48m" prob ="0.0005" rotatemax="7"/>

Then you will need to go and find these blocks ^ above in blocks.xml and change their meshfile entry to match that of vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand. They will be in the next update.

Thank you very much kind Sir! :)

worked perfectly and have pine forest with a few of your trees poping randomly :)

I changed also the prob from 0.2 to 0.05 in snow because it was a little too dense for me

but, probably because it's existing save, some tree are 1 shot cut, they have 1/1200 health

Anyway what a great work done! TFP should hire you to optimise those ugly graphics and colors for A18!!!

I didnt realise the TFP had added all the ores back in to more than just the 2 textures. My Mistake. Sorry to make you all download something again so soon.

I have updated the terrain textures to resolve this and also rebuilt each of those projects in unity. They are slightly sharper now than before, particularly 4K.

I wont update the main files for this version/hotfix on nexus, so if you are a new user downloading, please grab the appropriate main file, install, then patch with the fixed terrain bundles (separate download) in the same method.

Launcher is also updated so you should get the new bundle magically.

Install this bundle as usual.

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUS

DOWNLOAD FROM GITLAB 4K

DOWNLOAD FROM GITLAB 2K

Also Available on Sphereii's Launcher

Thanks for the update DUST2DEATH.

I made a detailed feedback post but the forum just kicked me out. So, second time around...

The small palms in the forest and dense grass that I initially found to be a little too green and overwhelming, I am now very comfortable with. I made some small changes in the biome.xml and now, I love it. If not for the palms, it reminds me greatly of footage I've seen of the area around Chernobyl after nature began to take it back. Especially around towns.

The wasteland texture, which I found a little too clean initially, fearing it would show mines and dogs too clearly... well, three attacks and one explosion later... and... the little masochistic in me is jumping for joy like a leprechaun on meth. :smile-new:

I ran (well, peddled) into a dark green fog storm in the wasteland, that freaked me out so much, I peddled like the proverbial bat to the nearby trader and stood behind the bars peering out with my mouth open lol. Totally creeped me out. Bravo.

I hope to check out the Alpine region today.

Thanks again to you and all those who are stepping up to bring this to wider attention.

Thanks for your work on this mod, its awesome. Keep up the good work.

not sure if anyone has reported this the silencer of your colored pistol and smg are showing incorrectly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26833[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26834[/ATTACH]

I think they mentioned one of the other attachments.

Basically, all the attachment points on the weapons are set correctly. (well, I think they area) What isnt set (at all right now cause I juggled to many things before release) is the item_modifiers for each gun. (except reflex scope, I did do all those)

All that needs to happen is find the silencer (or any other) weapon mod in item_modifiers.xml and make a new copy for each of the new guns.

So for that one you would copy the silencer code block, then change the name to gunSMG5Gold and the silencer will be placed properly.

so, item_modifiers.xml

find:

modGunSoundSuppressorSilencer

make a copy of:

<item_property_overrides name="gunSMG5">
		<property name="Sound_start" value="mp5_s_fire"/>
		<property name="BarrelOffset" value="0,0,0"/>
		<property name="BarrelScale" value="1,1,1"/>
	</item_property_overrides>

paste right below the one you copied.

Change to:

<item_property_overrides name="[color="#FFFF00"]gunSMG5Gold[/color]">
		<property name="Sound_start" value="mp5_s_fire"/>
		<property name="BarrelOffset" value="0,0,0"/>
		<property name="BarrelScale" value="1,1,1"/>
	</item_property_overrides>

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the update DUST2DEATH.

I made a detailed feedback post but the forum just kicked me out. So, second time around...

The small palms in the forest and dense grass that I initially found to be a little too green and overwhelming, I am now very comfortable with. I made some small changes in the biome.xml and now, I love it. If not for the palms, it reminds me greatly of footage I've seen of the area around Chernobyl after nature began to take it back. Especially around towns.

The wasteland texture, which I found a little too clean initially, fearing it would show mines and dogs too clearly... well, three attacks and one explosion later... and... the little masochistic in me is jumping for joy like a leprechaun on meth. :smile-new:

I ran (well, peddled) into a dark green fog storm in the wasteland, that freaked me out so much, I peddled like the proverbial bat to the nearby trader and stood behind the bars peering out with my mouth open lol. Totally creeped me out. Bravo.

I hope to check out the Alpine region today.

Thanks again to you and all those who are stepping up to bring this to wider attention.

yea the forum will do that. If I write a long post I copy all of it before hitting post just in case.

Thank you for giving it a chance with some of the changes. :)

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

That green fog is creepy! Didnt know which way to run first time i saw it. This is an excellent mod that improves the game massively. Better visuals, massive forests, beautiful skies its highly recommended and gives a performance boost too! Great work and long may it continue. Your work is much appreciated!

looks awesome! just a question, i play in a server with many other people, can i install this texture pack and have no problems with the server? i mean, i dont know if i change the textures of my game in my pc if i will still being able to play in the server with people who doesnt changed their textures.

That green fog is creepy! Didnt know which way to run first time i saw it. This is an excellent mod that improves the game massively. Better visuals, massive forests, beautiful skies its highly recommended and gives a performance boost too! Great work and long may it continue. Your work is much appreciated!

Thanks

looks awesome! just a question, i play in a server with many other people, can i install this texture pack and have no problems with the server? i mean, i dont know if i change the textures of my game in my pc if i will still being able to play in the server with people who doesnt changed their textures.

You can but the server you connect to must have EAC disabled.

Mods looks great in 4k. The added gun skins, is this correct?

brYfpvF.jpg

The bullet that gets loaded is also red, is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. For the immediate release they are just materials that I ported out of my painter into the game as starting point.

They will all get refined and the appropriate texture maps made proper (so that gun handles remain handles etc etc).

Glad you're enjoying the mod :)

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

I am, I have also added this to my dedicated server. The first login with max settings on 3840x2160 and it looks like a whole new game. Fantastic mod.

- - - Updated - - -

This should be a blend of the HDHQ pack and version 3.70 of the unofficial XML fixes

The HDHQ Guns/ammo loot were NOT included.

The HDHQ torch and Spotlight should be in and working.

there may be errors or oversights, its very very hard to think clearly right now, if anyone wants to take a look at it or fix something i missed, please do so!

:encouragement: i know some of you can do this in 5 minutes with your eyes closed. :tickled_pink:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1khC72cmeKKR7QUBXZ52sbFiAsSCGQa08

Thanks @TopAce6 This had some errors, I edited loot.xml and removed the custom weapons and it worked fine. Thanks.

I want the original plants. What should I do

currently, use the environment reset patch.

If all you want is the lighting and textures and nothing else just install the following 3 bundles:

resources.assets

blocktextures

terraintextures

I spent yesterday converting everything over to modlets so in the next update it will be broken down into the following:

HDHQ Main (the 3 files mentioned above, nothing else).

Particles (biome effects, nothing else).

Items (nothing else)

Guns (nothing else)

Biome Packs (contains 5 modlets - pick and choose. Use either All or 1, up to you).

Now I am working on bringing all the trees to a higher poly for the next release.

I am going 2x - 3x the tri count depending which tree you compare against in 1.0.

If it all goes well in the next release I'll double them again.

With the new format download sizes will be reduced greatly (apart from main, but that wont update all that often in the end).

EDIT: I should add, that in the next release you will not have any tree popping at all. The only thing you will see on trees is the shadow drawing on distant trees based on your in game setting (near/far).