HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Excellent Dust2Death!!! I was wondering - is this client side only or available on servers? I'd love to pop this onto our group lol

Its all client side. The server doesnt need these files for the core HDHQ mod to work in MP.

So if one of your group for example couldnt/didnt want to run the mod, you still could and both can play together.

Its all client side. The server doesnt need these files for the core HDHQ mod to work in MP.

So if one of your group for example couldnt/didnt want to run the mod, you still could and both can play together.

With the little nuance that the server has to have EAC off. Or only the non modded player can connect.

Cheers

OK. Here is where Im at. Remember, this is a work in progress. I look forward to your feedback.

V0.1

Download size is 847.1MB Compressed.

Copy the 2 Data folders from the Parent HDHQ folder into your Game directory where the .exe is. Yes to Overwrite the 3 files. Profit.

EAC OFF.

CUx8p4f.png

vUoGVgP.jpg

4LKUagu.jpg

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

Just tried this today and... wow. The game looks so much better. Thank you for creating this. The only comment I have is regarding the new steel texture. Here's a screenshot:

20180820150714_1.thumb.jpg.fefbf126244f8e9e3127b1b8dc364c69.jpg

To me the "grooves" on the spikes look like they have a green tint. I think it would look a little bit better if the grooves were desaturated and grey/black. Everything else looks amazing.

HDHQ is now available on the Mod Launcher.

Just tried this today and... wow. The game looks so much better. Thank you for creating this. The only comment I have is regarding the new steel texture. Here's a screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24947[/ATTACH]

To me the "grooves" on the spikes look like they have a green tint. I think it would look a little bit better if the grooves were desaturated and grey/black. Everything else looks amazing.

Thanks. Im pleased you like :)

I have added that feedback to my list to adjust as well as a couple other minor things on that texture.

What kind of performance hit you guys taking when trying this?

Going to depend on res+cpu+settings

Total hit is between 10 - 15fps @ 3440x1440 on my system

4790K stock + GTX 1080, 16GB, SSD, Gsync.

BlockBundle has about a 5fps hit depending on area due to the grass changes. (more alpha, increased res from 512px to 1K).

TerrainBundle hit is really dependant on cpu seeing as its all 4K but in my testing was between 5 - 10fps.

these settings:

geXfwz1.jpg

A lot of my testing was on uncompressed bundles, however I compressed for release to cut the download down.

Terrain Bundle is 1GB uncompressed compared to the ~450MB compressed.

I havent tested differences between compressed and uncompresssed at this end point. Earlier testing showed no noticeable difference to loading or framerates.

That may be different now I have it fully loaded up.

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

V0.2 is now available.

In Game Recommended Settings

Reflections: High
Water: High

Notes:

Fixed Block Reflections
Adjusted Steel Block
Water Adjusted - More Uniform.
Other item passes.

[table=width: 400, align: center]

[tr]

[td]fIzFprF.png[/td]

[td]oXbQxDz.png[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

A0Crkj4.jpg

p2Tmjii.jpg

New Screens of 0.2

3440x1440 in the album. Click image to jump.

Steel, Scrap, Reinforced Scrap in the first image
New Cotton.
Blue House.

gTAt2US.jpg

Coming in 0.3 (no eta)

Completed gun pass, including turrets. (0.2 has a dirty pass to bring into line)
These are PBR ready. A16, is, but isnt.
--
All images below subject to change. Not currently consider final.

sc6dhTt.jpg

wMfB7xG.jpg

What the turret *should* look in A17*. Ive only done the base so far.

452y3un.jpg

If you would like to help guide the project, or have suggestions etc. I have created a discord channel. Feel free to join.

e2eMaIC.png

*Optimistically looking at this to still be a thing in A17 unless nuked by TFP.

• 2 weeks later...

V0.3

V0.3 Available Now

[table=width: 600, align: center]

[tr]

[td]fIzFprF.png[/td]

[td]oXbQxDz.png[/td]

[td]e2eMaIC.png[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

New:

Turrets

Spotlight

Cement Mixer

Rocket Launcher

Blunderbuss

--------------------------------------------

Changed/Tweaked:

Pistol

AK47

Pump Shotgun

Sawed off Shotgun

MP5

Fixes:

Terrain-

Asphalt

Burnt Forest

Blocks-

Asphalt fill

orange corrugated metal

terracotta tile

woodbase

woodbase reinforced

rusty corrugated

rusty walkway iron

green corrugated metal

flagstone

rusty green panel

marble walls

stone/dirt wall

red metal panel

tarpaper

metal grate

steel block

burnt wood

blue corrugated metal

A lot of quality fixes in this one fixing various problems from roughness to seam issues. New items round out the guns and start on other base items.

Going forward should be relatively straight forward in adding only new things. I think I got all the items that needed fixes, finally!

If you cant post on the forum for whatever reason and need to reach me you can find me in discord, or the nexus posts.

Right click image - open new tab for full size

UQRTfpV.jpg

zJB5arQ.jpg

D4KBEW3.jpg

This mod actually makes you forget that you're playing a voxel-based game... the only big difference is that it pretty much kills potatoes and bring my ok computer (16Gb ram, gtx 1080, i7 6770, ssd) to it's knees at times, could be my own mod making it, too (an sdx one) and if somebody wonders, then it's really simple to install it on a pure SDX mod which adds quite a lot - as long as you haven't modded the assets that were changed (and even if that's the case - then get your hands dirty, so to speak - and you're able to combine them).

Great mod! (was actually speaking of the .2 version, the only one I've been testing so far, .3 is still downloading) I assume it's even better!

Edited by Hratalvi (see edit history)