A17 ... Where are you

NeferPitou

To be fair KingSlayer is technically correct, replacing the framework means they are going to totally rebuild the systems in a new way. However, I don't agree that it's necessarily a waste of time and effort. They saw a way to improve their product and determined it was worthwhile to invest the time in restructuring the code and design. They also have all the lessons learned from building the first iteration so that will speed the process along dramatically.

svhMSNX.png

Funny, nowhere does that say that the word means to throw away everything they have done and start over. If you replace something your not throwing away all the previous work. Your just swapping it out with something new aka an enhanced skill system built off the previous one.

A16 replaced A15. It doesn't mean they started over, it means they built upon alpha 15 and added new stuff to it.

To be fair KingSlayer is technically correct, replacing the framework means they are going to totally rebuild the systems in a new way. However, I don't agree that it's necessarily a waste of time and effort. They saw a way to improve their product and determined it was worthwhile to invest the time in restructuring the code and design. They also have all the lessons learned from building the first iteration so that will speed the process along dramatically.

From what i've seen showin the videos that is not true. As I previously said replacing doesn't mean your starting over from scratch. It just means something is taking its place. That something can be their new robust system that's built upon and expanded compared to their previous system.

I do a lot of reporting for a living. if I replace one of the reports I developed with new columns and data it doesn't mean I started over from scratch. I took my previous report and enhanced it and replaced the one that was there previously.

From what i've seen showin the videos that is not true. As I previously said replacing doesn't mean your starting over from scratch. It just means something is taking its place. That something can be their new robust system that's built upon and expanded compared to their previous system.

For sure, I think we just have different definitions of the words we are using, so basically a failure to communicate. I think we both agree on the general state of affairs. I'm not saying that the systems we know will completely disappear, but replacing the framework is a big ordeal behind the scenes and I wouldn't be surprised if that meant they started from line 1 and wrote entirely new code that accomplished a similar end goal.

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 625, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha Version[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Released[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Days 1[/TD]

[TD=align: center]Days 2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Kickstarter[/TD]

[TD=align: center]July 2013?[/TD]

[TD=align: center]--[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 1[/TD]

[TD=align: center]8/16/2013[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 1 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]9/18/2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center][/TD]

[TD=align: center]33[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 2[/TD]

[TD=align: center]11/9/2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center]85[/TD]

[TD=align: center]52[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 3[/TD]

[TD=align: center]11/19/2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center]10[/TD]

[TD=align: center]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 4[/TD]

[TD=align: center]11/24/2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 4 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]11/27/2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 5[/TD]

[TD=align: center]12/13/2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center]16[/TD]

[TD=align: center]16[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 5 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]12/21/2013[/TD]

[TD=align: center]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 6[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1/15/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]33[/TD]

[TD=align: center]25[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 6.4 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2/6/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]22[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 7[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2/28/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]44[/TD]

[TD=align: center]22[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 7.11 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]4/22/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]53[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 8[/TD]

[TD=align: center]4/27/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]58[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 8.8 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]7/23/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]87[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 9[/TD]

[TD=align: center]8/15/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]110[/TD]

[TD=align: center]23[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 9.3X Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]9/18/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]34[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 10[/TD]

[TD=align: center]11/22/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]99[/TD]

[TD=align: center]65[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 10.4 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]12/19/2014[/TD]

[TD=align: center]27[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 11[/TD]

[TD=align: center]4/2/2015[/TD]

[TD=align: center]131[/TD]

[TD=align: center]104[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 11.6 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]6/12/2015[/TD]

[TD=align: center]71[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 12[/TD]

[TD=align: center]7/3/2015[/TD]

[TD=align: center]92[/TD]

[TD=align: center]21[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 12.5 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]8/23/2015[/TD]

[TD=align: center]51[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 13[/TD]

[TD=align: center]12/12/2015[/TD]

[TD=align: center]162[/TD]

[TD=align: center]111[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 13.8 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2/5/2016[/TD]

[TD=align: center]55[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 14[/TD]

[TD=align: center]3/26/2016[/TD]

[TD=align: center]105[/TD]

[TD=align: center]50[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 14.7 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]6/20/2016[/TD]

[TD=align: center]86[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 15[/TD]

[TD=align: center]10/5/2016[/TD]

[TD=align: center]193[/TD]

[TD=align: center]107[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 15.2 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]2/4/2017[/TD]

[TD=align: center]122[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 16[/TD]

[TD=align: center]7/12/2017[/TD]

[TD=align: center]280[/TD]

[TD=align: center]158[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Alpha 16.4 Stable[/TD]

[TD=align: center]10/26/2017[/TD]

[TD=align: center]106[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Avg. days between release[/TD]

[TD=align: center]95[/TD]

[TD=align: center]53[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Days since last release[/TD]

[TD=align: center]480[/TD]

[TD=align: center]374[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

A1-A4 where not on Steam. A5 was the first Steam release, and is considered the official release date by many sites.

All console dates highlighted in green received Alpha 15 release content.

Now look at the time on some of the larger builds.

• A9 was a complete interface overhaul and the introduction of Randomly Generated Worlds. Buff system was introduced along with many effects.
  • A11 was re-coded for Unity 5, added the gore block system, and many other features in RWG. It was the largest update yet when it released.
  • A13 had huge framework changes, added HD Zeds, motion capture movement, dismemberment, the knockdown system, and weather.
  • A15 was again the largest yet. New Distant Terrain feature introduced. A large number of new POI's. Larger Navezgane map. New height map for large mountains. A re-design of the RWG system. Traders and economy were introduced. New Blood moon horde system with dynamic difficulty. And loads more.
  • A16 again was larger than any previous with more modifications to disatant POI, and the game stages. Electricity was added, a ton of new POI's, and screamer horde changes,. Plus more work on the RWG mixer system, world previewer, and the addition of a crapload of more zombies and animals.
  • A17 basically looked at all the others and said, "Here, hold my beer".
    A complete re-work on the code upgrading to Unity 2017. Huge amounts of optimization are part of this rework. New vehicles, new physics for vehicles. New buff system. Completely new weapon system. Another complete re-work on the RWG system and distant POI. And those are just a few of the key features.

I don't get some people, 7d2d has more content than any other indie game, more than any AAA game, the crafting capabilities are ridiculously huge. You can destroy or shape the whole map should you wish, and the game has become stale because new Alpha is taking its time???? How long before A17 bores you and you come back here wanting A18? What happens when the game goes full release and no more content comes out? Will you hit Steam and give a negative review just because you are bored??

Just enjoy the game, have a break from it and come back later, when other games have become boring.

My main concerns about systems being done and then redone is pathfinding and AI.

The pimps seem set on using an a-star variant which for a modern FPS game is well out of date, any decent modern system uses some sort of navmesh of which there are several to choose from. Hopefully this will change when unity add the navmesh system to the c# job system which will decrease computation time while effectively leaving the frame-rate stable.

The other thing is a lack of news about behavior trees. Fair enough for simple zombie AI you can get away without one but do you really want to? Bandits will require teamwork and that's far easier to achieve with behavior trees. It makes sense to do the zombie AI first because it's far simpler than bandit AI but if you intend to use behavior trees for bandits it would make sense to implement it first with zombies. It may not do much for zombies but at least you're laying a groundwork which can be built on for bandits instead of trying to lever a behavior tree into an already existing system.

I keep making this stupid table, and the forum keeps eating it. Literally like 3 hours now with this stupid thing, just because I'm a stubborn bastard.

Your efforts are not in vain. I've determined the exact release date of Alpha 17 using your table:

23. Jun. 2018 (see plot below).

wnAgGDI.jpg

I keep making this stupid table, and the forum keeps eating it. Literally like 3 hours now with this stupid thing, just because I'm a stubborn bastard.

Haha, appreciate the effort.

As far as the game, got my money's worth 10x over and still addicted.

I can wait.

giphy.gif

One day it will be over.

Apri l14, 2018 was the last video of joel Aka madmole of a17 what a review just running around showing us some *NEW* poi

i wonder why is it taking 1 year specially they said in dev dairy that they haired more people to work and i though of good then the next build will take no time but guess what it taking even more :'(

i am not being toxic or something i am being logic .

i played every mod in the game for at least 500 days in game time ... i can t even imagine how the game would be so bad if there was no mod too save the game

i played PVP i had a such a great time but after day 2562 i was like this need to be changed

i am not here to judge or being unfair i am watching this HP bar every day to see the progress but there is not progress at all in the last 3 days and joel no updating us of the status of the game if its dead

thank you for reading this is my opinion and we should respect all of the opinions of the others

"Not being toxic" proceeds to say the game is ♥♥♥♥ without mods.. lol your logic tho...

Archived