Which is the more important main feature of the game III

Roland

Which is the more important main feature of the game III  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the more important main feature of the game III

• An improved underground with caves, underground POI's, and threats.
    • An improved water environment with boats, submerged POI's, and threats.

Okay this time we are going to go the alternate universe pathway. So put on your Olivia Dunham and lets take a look at two possibilities. Maybe this is more of a Walternate poll because I'm telling you to assume both features are not possible and you have to choose one and destroy the other. Nobody's trans-dimensional son is going to build a bridge between universes by hooking himself up to a machine so an "I want both" option ain't going to happen.

So, ASSUMING we can't have both would you rather the devs work on improving the underground or work on improving the water in terms of gameplay opportunities?

Underground: Caves, Underworld POI's, Threats

Water: Boats, Underwater POI's, Threats

PS: we all know water needs to be fixed. this is not that. They could fix water and leave it as a barren biome just like now. I'm talking about improving the game spaces of these two areas again assuming they can't do both. So don't vote water just because the water block itself is a mess right now and needs to be fixed. That will happen no matter what.

I liked that show.

This one is tough. My initial thought was water but then I realized that fighting zombies and the like underwater in this game would probably not be fun and underwater exploration would get old fast without any way to improve swimming speed (and even with, it just might take longer to get bored).

So my next train of thought got derailed. Once I cleaned up that mess I realized I think I would MUCH rather have a working cave system complete with underworld POI's. So that is my final answer.

My vote: Underground > underwater

P.S. - If I could add one thing I'd like more control over the amount of water in random gen. It should be possible to make a dry world. EDIT: And I'm aware of a simple change to rwgmixer.xml to remove lakes and such but I'd still rather have a sliding scale as an option.

Water for me, because as far as I'm concerned, the underground is "fleshed out" enough to be able to do stuff (you can build there, you can mine, you can etc...) but the water is currently wasted because it's just "there". Sure, you may occasionally have to swim a little for a treasure chest, but big whoop.

It's a missed opportunity, especially when you consider how much there is.

Is It? I remember building a base under a lake, and those asshats dug down and not only flooded my base, but ruined my day.

...this was like a11 or a12 though. I think.

I'm talking about the ability to swim at the top (hold space bar) and have zero chance of a zombie touching you. Though I'm not sure how the spitters work in this scenario, to be honest.

Water for me, because as far as I'm concerned, the underground is "fleshed out" enough to be able to do stuff (you can build there, you can mine, you can etc...) but the water is currently wasted because it's just "there". Sure, you may occasionally have to swim a little for a treasure chest, but big whoop.

It's a missed opportunity, especially when you consider how much there is.

100% this.

for me, underground is fine the way it is. You can dig tunnels and live underground if you want, or you can ignore it. Water is just annoying to get around with no other purpose at this point.

hmmm.. tough decision.

Ill go with the underground stuff though.

Water seems like a spaghetti tangled mess to try and "Fix" in a fully destructible world environment.

Maybe have 2 different types of water?

Water that is initially used when the terrain is generated and water2 that is used when the player makes a water source.

Water one: can flow and is infinite.

Water2 has a limited clac so it can be used up like it is now.

If you take water from the initially generated water bodies that gets formed upon terrain generation, like with a bucket, it changes to water2 when it gets applied.

Have poi type water (ponds, towers n such) get built with water2.

Was a really tough decisions if I can only really choose 1 for the game because I would really like me some better water and all it could bring as well.

Still want both though ;)

I'm talking about the ability to swim at the top (hold space bar) and have zero chance of a zombie touching you. Though I'm not sure how the spitters work in this scenario, to be honest.

Oh, that. Tie spacebar to stamina and call it a day.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's early, but I'm surprised it's 2:1 ug vs h2o. Water currently serves no purpose, you'd think people would want to be able to do /something/ with it.

Oh, that. Tie spacebar to stamina and call it a day.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's early, but I'm surprised it's 2:1 ug vs h2o. Water currently serves no purpose, you'd think people would want to be able to do /something/ with it.

I want everything! :)

This is a good question; at least as far as which I'd like to see, I'd like to see both ;)

I will put my two cents on water though, if they were to go that route they would definitely have to work on fleshing out the water mechanics. As they are now, water would be a pain to play in (well, it already is a PITA to sink for a chest, or trudge across a lake), so any exploration or water based gameplay would suck if the mechanics weren't also fleshed out.

I will throw out there that an improved underground is a much more realistic and easier aspiration to acquire, so I'm a bit inclined to vote for that, though I'd really appreciate both.

Tough choice.

Not because I want both, but because I think that either would be a waste of development time/resources that could be more profitably spend on something else.

I suppose that given I don't mine, but I do swim across water if it's the easiest route to a town or tradewr, I'd find the addition of water dangers forcing me to build a raft annoying and intrusive whereas I could completely ignore whatever the underground stuff was.

So my vote is "for" underground, but it's actually a vote against water.

Both, water and underground, are boring and empty places. However, the volume of the landmass is much bigger than this of the water. For this reason, the correct answer is a): "An improved underground with caves, underground POI's, and threats."

I went with fleshing out the Underground.

Once thats got some more features working

we can finally hear the end of folks griping about other people playing underground,

and the forum can get back to being all friendly-like

We're all getting older... and grumpier.

We're all getting older... and grumpier.

speak for yourself i am stopping and will wait for the rest of you youngins to catch me. (i said youngins so that doesnt include the ones already there... 60 yrs). and i aint grumpy damnit :(

btw, my vote was for underground... it needs some lovin too.

Archived