Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Ok, friend is running DF on the Server, and he told me he was using the nave map so asked him to switch to the DFLarge map so we could gut the bunkers and everything. Problem is, he says when he tried to run the DFLarge map the server said it was a minimum 30 player slots? Is this true, or is the host just being a pain?

Is it possible to increase the suspension on the muscle car? It seems to constantly collide with the terrain, even on flat ground, though perhaps it's the spinny thingies on the wheels causing most of the noise in that particular case since it doesn't seem to be slowing down there.

So I installed the mod with the launcher but I can't get it to start, it just stays stuck at "initializing world" I also pre synced it and all, the main menu bg is also the modded one already so I know its on but I just can't get it to start. Only error I get is the "DivideByZeroException" in red idk if I did anything wrong, first time for me to install mods for 7 days

Hi Khaine - thanks again for the great mod. On day 50 now and level 95. I've been through 3 main Crack-a-books and 2 Retirement Homes and still have only located 7 Research Notes. Seems they drop off research ladies, hazmat guys and sometimes soldiers.

I am playing on Dfalls-Medium3. I notice this map (and maybe others) are different in that they have circles of wasteland biome instead of a normal wasteland biome. I also cannot locate too much burnt biome to search for the bunkers. Haven't seen a single Eve to pick up the quest yet.

Any hints on:

1. Research notes? I think this is linked to #2 below, the bunkers seemed to have the notes commonly in loot.

2. Location of Eve and/or the small bunker. When looking at the map image "preview" - what color are the bunkers? Seems the traders are pink.

Thanks again!

Just started my server and was watching the server info as it crawled by and found this....

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'ShadowCaster' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - All passes removed

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Autodesk Interactive' - Pass 'ShadowCaster' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard (Roughness setup)' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard (Roughness setup)' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Standard (Roughness setup)' - Pass 'ShadowCaster' has no vertex shader

Shader 'Custom/Distortion': fallback shader 'Effects/Distortion/Free/CullOff' not found

These normal or?

So I installed the mod with the launcher but I can't get it to start, it just stays stuck at "initializing world" I also pre synced it and all, the main menu bg is also the modded one already so I know its on but I just can't get it to start. Only error I get is the "DivideByZeroException" in red idk if I did anything wrong, first time for me to install mods for 7 days

just curious, when installing using the mod manager did you click the download from mirror checkbox? Also did you give it about 2-5 minutes to load on initializing world? It does take a couple minutes sometimes, Plus if it is the first time starting, it will say that for about 1-2 minutes then it will say downloading map from server, and then another 2-3 minutes of initializing world.

Hey guys, i've been wondering..

Just had the day 7 horde, playing with a friend on RWG, Nomad difficulty, mostly 90 minutes time, sometimes switched to 120 minutes for building, and we both had a gamestage of 70, we were like level 20.

The horde night was INSANE, Bosses spawned, Radiated Cops,Loads of screamers/Spiders Snow Feral Mothers.. Burning zeds, Vultures, literally everything, it lasted for a god damn while, like 20 minutes non-stop til' morning. We were completely out of ammo, had to shoot rockets at the huge piles of zombies stocking up on the walls. Pretty much like gpcstargate mentioned 6 days ago.

Is this supposed to be this hard? Or did something go wrong, because i remember playing this mod on older versions like A17 and reaching pretty much the same point by day 7. But the horde wasn't that crazy; I can't really imagine the amount of grind that's gonna be necessary to pull through day 14.

I don't mind starting a new game, so what could i do that could prevent getting the same result? Or am i playing the mod the wrong way?

Thanks in advance!

just curious, when installing using the mod manager did you click the download from mirror checkbox? Also did you give it about 2-5 minutes to load on initializing world? It does take a couple minutes sometimes, Plus if it is the first time starting, it will say that for about 1-2 minutes then it will say downloading map from server, and then another 2-3 minutes of initializing world.

Oh I did not have the dl from mirror checked, then I left it at initializing world for maybe like 30 mins, I installed it manually instead which made it work instantly. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work on the mod launcher though.

Edit: So the next problem now is my friend cant Launch the copied 7 days where the mod is installed, he's getting the steam login error

Edited by Volkshire (see edit history)

Power armor - says grants immunity to most radiation. I assumed this was similar to the Hazmat items. Can the Power armor and Hazmat pieces be mixed to provide radiation protection? It appears you cannot: Power Armor boots with the rest of the hazmat does not grant radiation protection. Feature or bug? Frustrating if feature.

Also - I have noticed that trader plots are empty when compared to the MapPreview. Plots shown in pink the preview are traders. When I go to some of those locations in the game, there is nothing there, but an outline where the trader should be on the mini-map. Bug?

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

Oh I did not have the dl from mirror checked, then I left it at initializing world for maybe like 30 mins, I installed it manually instead which made it work instantly. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work on the mod launcher though.

Edit: So the next problem now is my friend cant Launch the copied 7 days where the mod is installed, he's getting the steam login error

okay, for starters, yes to fix most of the install issues using mod installer, click that dl from mirror box. As for your friend, When running the DF mod, Steam does not turn on like with all other steam games normally. you must start steam before starting the mod. If your friend has done this and is still getting the issue, then i am not sure.

What is a "Portable Lath" good for? The sale price says it's pretty rare...

And Khaine, without your DF and Jax's Ravenhearst, this game would be dead. Great job and extremely well done!

The lathe is needed to make weapon parts. Really useful for those rare bits you can't seem to find by looting, or when you want to make a higher quality version of a weapon you already have. I didn't find one until after I no longer needed one, but I can't complain since I went on to find both the fusion forge and laser workbench at Caitlins, along with solar bank+cells...

The lathe is needed to make weapon parts. Really useful for those rare bits you can't seem to find by looting, or when you want to make a higher quality version of a weapon you already have. I didn't find one until after I no longer needed one, but I can't complain since I went on to find both the fusion forge and laser workbench at Caitlins, along with solar bank+cells...

Thanks! Now I just have to figure out if I need the dukes or the parts

does anyone have a map legend so i can understand what each color means on the map?

If you click on tools and Random World Gen Previewer, the legend is in there.

Ok, friend is running DF on the Server, and he told me he was using the nave map so asked him to switch to the DFLarge map so we could gut the bunkers and everything. Problem is, he says when he tried to run the DFLarge map the server said it was a minimum 30 player slots? Is this true, or is the host just being a pain?

The large map uses a lot of RAM, so that'll be why the host is saying that.

However, DF has an edited prefab list for navezgane to include the bunkers and caitlin, so you can absolutely play on that map.

Is it possible to increase the suspension on the muscle car? It seems to constantly collide with the terrain, even on flat ground, though perhaps it's the spinny thingies on the wheels causing most of the noise in that particular case since it doesn't seem to be slowing down there.

I need to go rebuild it in unity for that.

Sounds like something didn't download properly. I would try reinstalling it from the mirror and see if that helps.

Hi Khaine - thanks again for the great mod. On day 50 now and level 95. I've been through 3 main Crack-a-books and 2 Retirement Homes and still have only located 7 Research Notes. Seems they drop off research ladies, hazmat guys and sometimes soldiers.

I am playing on Dfalls-Medium3. I notice this map (and maybe others) are different in that they have circles of wasteland biome instead of a normal wasteland biome. I also cannot locate too much burnt biome to search for the bunkers. Haven't seen a single Eve to pick up the quest yet.

Any hints on:

1. Research notes? I think this is linked to #2 below, the bunkers seemed to have the notes commonly in loot.

2. Location of Eve and/or the small bunker. When looking at the map image "preview" - what color are the bunkers? Seems the traders are pink.

Thanks again!

1. Kill lab zombies and hazmat zombies. You can also get them in bunkers.

2. Eve is a RANDOM spawn in the burnt biome. The small bunkers are also in the burnt biome. No idea what they look like on the preview, but I know there should be one in NW/NE/SW/SE, so 4 total.

Just started my server and was watching the server info as it crawled by and found this....

--trimmed the errors--

Those are normal errors. Happens in vanilla too. Ignore them.

Hey guys, i've been wondering..

Just had the day 7 horde, playing with a friend on RWG, Nomad difficulty, mostly 90 minutes time, sometimes switched to 120 minutes for building, and we both had a gamestage of 70, we were like level 20.

The horde night was INSANE, Bosses spawned, Radiated Cops,Loads of screamers/Spiders Snow Feral Mothers.. Burning zeds, Vultures, literally everything, it lasted for a god damn while, like 20 minutes non-stop til' morning. We were completely out of ammo, had to shoot rockets at the huge piles of zombies stocking up on the walls. Pretty much like gpcstargate mentioned 6 days ago.

Is this supposed to be this hard? Or did something go wrong, because i remember playing this mod on older versions like A17 and reaching pretty much the same point by day 7. But the horde wasn't that crazy; I can't really imagine the amount of grind that's gonna be necessary to pull through day 14.

I don't mind starting a new game, so what could i do that could prevent getting the same result? Or am i playing the mod the wrong way?

Thanks in advance!

Yep. That's normal. Take apart ammo you don't need for easy bullet tips and gunpowder.

Is there a modlet that give you only the health bar with the zombie name that we have in darkness fall?

It's part of 0-SphereIICore.

Anybody else only experience lag in the wasteland biome?

I think quite a few people do. It's probably due to the fog effect.

Power armor - says grants immunity to most radiation. I assumed this was similar to the Hazmat items. Can the Power armor and Hazmat pieces be mixed to provide radiation protection? It appears you cannot: Power Armor boots with the rest of the hazmat does not grant radiation protection. Feature or bug? Frustrating if feature.

Also - I have noticed that trader plots are empty when compared to the MapPreview. Plots shown in pink the preview are traders. When I go to some of those locations in the game, there is nothing there, but an outline where the trader should be on the mini-map. Bug?

That's intended because otherwise I'd need a stupid amount of requirements for it to check for X combination of items.

And no idea on the preview thing. I just included it cos you lot kept saying you wanted map previews and nitrogen generated it.

What is a "Portable Lath" good for? The sale price says it's pretty rare...

And Khaine, without your DF and Jax's Ravenhearst, this game would be dead. Great job and extremely well done!

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Also, i've passed your comment on to Jax, because we do talk over discord occasionally. I figured he could do with having his spirits raised.

Lathe is used to make gun PARTS. So if you don't want to rely on RNG or the trader to get X part of a gun, you can make it in there. I'd absolutely buy it if I found one in a trader, though they do spawn rarely in loot as well.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I need to go rebuild it in unity for that.

Damn, I was hoping it'd be a simple XML tweak. I guess I'll just keep my old 4x4 in a pocket, as the car nearly cut my wooden bridge in half after I drove across it lol.

what shelf lootable mod works with DF? I have tried War3's I have tried The Reaper's, and neither of them work. My friend says he only knows the name of the mod he had and it was LootableShelfMod1.6 from a screenshot of his mod folder from before he wiped.

what shelf lootable mod works with DF? I have tried War3's I have tried The Reaper's, and neither of them work. My friend says he only knows the name of the mod he had and it was LootableShelfMod1.6 from a screenshot of his mod folder from before he wiped.

Absolutely no idea. I haven't tried any. I remember I made one and then forgot to release it... also haven't tested it too much.

Sorry i meant the legend for the building on medium 2 map cause was not sure what some of the building colors stand for.

Oh! That's generated by nitrogen, so i'd try the thread for that in the tools forum. Someone in there might have an idea what they mean. I think someone in the discord said pink is traders though.

I have not played DF since WoW was released, but I used Stalliondens lootable shelves, pallets, and other mods fine in DF. you will need to start new game, otherwise it will only work for areas you have not discovered yet. You might get some pop up warnings in console sometimes, but it worked.