Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I've had no problem modding both of those. Try taking one piece off and putting it back on after modding. Mechanically it seems like the game temporarily takes the piece off if you're wearing it and you try to mod it. Maybe somewhere in there it's not catching that you have the complete set on.

Good to know, i will try that later.

KhaineGB .. Been awhile

But Thought I would try out DF in 18.4 style .. and one of my semi-floating bases.

Hoping you are well and being safe.

Just had my first horde night .. I was Pre-Prep for it .. but not For over 500 zombies and a wave of 100+ screamers. I did survive it .. had to use cm to get more ammo .. LOL .. My kill count after the Horde was 931 .. forgot to check Game-stage, but I think it is something like 78

But the Loot was Great .. My settings are _ Survivalist _ 16 Bloodmoon .. but I kicked up option to 125 zombies and 100 animals, because I was getting that many and I think that had something to do with the horde being so Large. ( I will be turning it Back ).

Anyway .. Have a good weekend and Be Well .. the Old Gamer .. :tranquillity:

Hey Khaine,

I'm running

Mac 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575 4 GB

I just tried to run 18.4 and right when I get into the world the game crashes. Something about rendering shaders and possibly a null error.

I was wondering if you could take a look and see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

GeoTundra

output_log__2020-04-10__13-07-32.txt

I think the mod is great,but its so fu c king frustrating. The first time I start a NEW game, everything works fine. however if I logout or shut down the pc for the night, the next morning I cant ever continue a freaking game because I keep getting this POS error on EVERY single saved game. WTF is going on and how can I fix it? Having started over 7x and building up to the first horde night each time, the game (not the mod) becomes so freaking boring and theres no point in playing it.

Error: IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

DFmod.png.93680c320153591ccbefec0e9c28831d.png

Edited by Holydarkblade (see edit history)

I recently installed the mod and am enjoying it. I am relatively new to the game in general but i have a problem in the mod. I am level 18 going the mechanic/security route and my stamina/health seems to be capped at 60. I put one point into healthy gut but this makes things difficult. I am not wearing armor that lowers stamina. I took it all off to double check and no status effects like diseased. Is this a bug? The way it's supposed to be? Having such low health/stamina makes things even harder.

I recently installed the mod and am enjoying it. I am relatively new to the game in general but i have a problem in the mod. I am level 18 going the mechanic/security route and my stamina/health seems to be capped at 60. I put one point into healthy gut but this makes things difficult. I am not wearing armor that lowers stamina. I took it all off to double check and no status effects like diseased. Is this a bug? The way it's supposed to be? Having such low health/stamina makes things even harder.

Your wellness is probably low. It's visible in one of the character info tabs, and drops when you die or get infected. It can be raised by high quality meals and drinks, or putting points into one of the perks under Athletics.

Your wellness is probably low. It's visible in one of the character info tabs, and drops when you die or get infected. It can be raised by high quality meals and drinks, or putting points into one of the perks under Athletics.

Yes, my max wellness is 60, it was 50 because of point i put in healthy guts it went to 60 but that is supposed to be the minimum it can be not the maximum. It just seems odd that as i level my max stamina and health goes down. I understand if i wear armor that has a penalty but you would think as you level you would get stronger not weaker. So that is why i thought it might be a bug.

Yes, my max wellness is 60, it was 50 because of point i put in healthy guts it went to 60 but that is supposed to be the minimum it can be not the maximum. It just seems odd that as i level my max stamina and health goes down. I understand if i wear armor that has a penalty but you would think as you level you would get stronger not weaker. So that is why i thought it might be a bug.

Like Align mentioned there is a system in the game called Wellness that you have to manage. Every time you die you lose 10 wellness points. Radiation and infection from zombies with covid-19 can also lower wellness I believe. You have probably died 5 times if your health is at 60 and you invested a point.

There is an entry for Wellness in your log have a read it might help. Certain food items and drink will restore wellness. On their tooltip you will see how much. Vitamins will also restore 3 wellness. After you drink or eat a wellness item you have to wait until the buff expires to get bumped again. So don't chomp down on all your stash at once.

Like Align mentioned there is a system in the game called Wellness that you have to manage. Every time you die you lose 10 wellness points. Radiation and infection from zombies with covid-19 can also lower wellness I believe. You have probably died 5 times if your health is at 60 and you invested a point.

There is an entry for Wellness in your log have a read it might help. Certain food items and drink will restore wellness. On their tooltip you will see how much. Vitamins will also restore 3 wellness. After you drink or eat a wellness item you have to wait until the buff expires to get bumped again. So don't chomp down on all your stash at once.

So eventually i can regain it? I was just wondering if i should start over.

Accidentally dropped, quest for a class task! How to recover? The new book did not help!

Open the console (F1) and type givequest name_of_deleted_quest

k something new. I was wondering if there was any point to wrenches after the steel pickaxe was unlocked. I accidentally discovered a quality 41+ fully modded and perked out steel pickaxe will shred full cars in 4 sometimes 3 quick hits and barely any stam vs turning a wrench for a lot longer time. I seem to get all the same mats vs wrenches in some very rudimentary testing and I'm a mechanic. Or is the steel pick axe misbehaving? ... I thought maybe a wrench was for engines or oil but i seem to get both with the pickaxe albeit much lower %.

So pickaxes aren't supposed to do that. It's basically just the vanilla code (same for the normal wrench). It looks like it's a vanilla bug.

HOWEVER, I have fixed it locally and testers have confirmed it's now working as intended. :)

My frames are frequently in the yellow now. It seems to be a POI but I cannot pinpoint which one. Also, the wandering traders disappeared around day 5-6 and I am now on Day 32 - haven't seen the Wandering Traders since. Help!

Wandering traders have like... a 1% spawn rate. If you see one, it should be considered somewhat lucky rather than something to be expected.

If you happen to find out which POI it is, let me know. I can then take it into the prefab editor and do some poking.

have a problem with the questline from the archer, stops after "the Favor" and when you "return to trader" she starts the quest line over again or doesn't give the next quest

Sounds like the NPC who gave it to you died and she respawned, which does break it... unfortunately. Not sure if I can fix it.

Hey guys,

I have ran into an error trying to play this on my server.

I am not sure what happened, but the loading in screen gets stuck on creating player. How can I fix this?

I can't see that screenshot to even guess what the problem is.

I noticed that if you mod hazmat suits or power armor, you lose the rad protection, is this a feature or a bug?

loving the mod, really improves the game quite a bit. Thanks for the hard work.

It's an unfixable bug. You basically have to take everything off and put it back on to make the buff work.

But Thought I would try out DF in 18.4 style .. and one of my semi-floating bases.

Hoping you are well and being safe.

Just had my first horde night .. I was Pre-Prep for it .. but not For over 500 zombies and a wave of 100+ screamers. I did survive it .. had to use cm to get more ammo .. LOL .. My kill count after the Horde was 931 .. forgot to check Game-stage, but I think it is something like 78

But the Loot was Great .. My settings are _ Survivalist _ 16 Bloodmoon .. but I kicked up option to 125 zombies and 100 animals, because I was getting that many and I think that had something to do with the horde being so Large. ( I will be turning it Back ).

Anyway .. Have a good weekend and Be Well .. the Old Gamer ..

Nice to see your still around Old Gamer. ;) I'm never being safe... i'm an idiot. Though me and the wife are trying to avoid people to the best of our abilities.

The zombie setting (125) is for biome-spawned zombies, not bloodmoon zombies. They ignore the zombie limit.

Hey Khaine,

I'm running

Mac 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

40 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575 4 GB

I just tried to run 18.4 and right when I get into the world the game crashes. Something about rendering shaders and possibly a null error.

I was wondering if you could take a look and see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

GeoTundra

The shader stuff happens on windows as well, and linux, so just ignore those.

My concern is that unspecified NULL error. That means something really, really broke. I would try reinstalling the mod from this alternative link: http://5.9.209.22/KhaineGB/dfa18client/-/archive/master/dfa18client-master.zip

I think the mod is great,but its so fu c king frustrating. The first time I start a NEW game, everything works fine. however if I logout or shut down the pc for the night, the next morning I cant ever continue a freaking game because I keep getting this POS error on EVERY single saved game. WTF is going on and how can I fix it? Having started over 7x and building up to the first horde night each time, the game (not the mod) becomes so freaking boring and theres no point in playing it.

Error: IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

The out of array error seems to somehow be related to maps having the wrong map_info.xml file. Not entirely sure how that happens, but it ONLY happens with launcher installs and I have no idea why.

Well, i did not find the bunker, but i did discover that trader catlin will have a laser workbench in her secret stash. Once again it has been proven that money will buy stuff, and that stuff will bring happiness.

Yep. I added that as a very rare chance just to help out. :)

And thank you everyone for explaining the wellness system.

You know how there's red text that says "Check your journal" when you start the mod? This is why. The wellness system is explained in the journal.

Hi. I hope I'm in the right place. I'm trying to install Darkness Falls and I'm getting an error and the game won't run. So I'm looking for some help.

I'm installing with the Mod Launcher. I have the proper versions of everything, and the game starts, but at some point when the process starts initializing world a log display appears with some text in red regarding an asset bundle that is already loaded. Animal Hunter Potion Unity 3d or something like that. There is also a notation in red stating that there is a Divide By Zero Exception. At that point the game locks up and must be terminated. I'm attaching a screenshot but it's a bit hard to see. Is there an error file I can attach somewhere? Any assistance is appreciated.

If this image is too difficult to see, here is a link to a full sized image. Thank you again.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...skLNkuGrBBc-1R

UPDATE - Got it working by manually installing. I hope the information is useful in some way.

image_28897.thumb.jpg.2afc964ee8a33413a00f43b302c641ac.jpg

50392089_2020-04-1209_22_53-7DaysToDie.thumb.jpg.951b7f8d5bb685b2f848bf91f57e580c.jpg

Edited by Hardcase (see edit history)

Hello. Really like your mod. There were no problems with the installation. But there is a problem that I find it difficult to play with a friend. When we are together, after 5-10 minutes my screen just flies out or the screen just turns off (I play on a laptop). I want to note that the screen does not turn black, but simply turns off, but all the sounds are present. I exclude that the problem is in the power of the laptop since the hardware should be suitable (gtx 960m, RAM 16gb, intel core i7 4720hq). Help solve the problem

for you guys having issues installing try the mirror option in the launcher or a manual download from Nexus. gitlab has been having issues the last few weeks with the mod. it shouldn't give you issues when it downloads correctly it is a pretty painless process. Make sure you have the game's latest current stable version to match DF main branch 2.50.1 which is 7d2d a18.4 b4 right now.

For a while I've been trying to do Eve's quest line, but couldn't get into the POI due to lacking the needed item for the front door. Well, I finally got lucky and found it in a random Hidden Stash... after trying to get it as loot from lab zombies for days before that.

Unfortunately the zombies that had spawned in on previous visits when I didn't have the item were still there, so despite previously feeling like a pretty tough guy, I got slaughtered. And extra unfortunately, when I went back to Eve she was attacked by some random zombo and I accidentally clipped her when trying to help out, so, well, it was either her or me. Hoping she'll respawn eventually.

Anyway, the quest may have failed, but the POI was still there, so I decided to try and loot it. It took some doing with the toughies that had spawned, but eventually I managed to clear my way through the front door - only to get thrown right out by the endless stream of horror that particular POI throws at you. Died several times trying to figure out how the heck I was supposed to progress.

At one point I tried luring them away, but that didn't help - though I did get a lot of useful loot, including enough notes to unlock future tech! I still lack the levels to progress in it, as well as the equipment to craft even the first level stuff, but it's nice to get that out of the way.

It all started feeling a bit unfair when two behemoths had spawned indoors, especially as it left my backpack from previous deaths pinned in the back (bit of a bug/exploit there by the way, the zombies completely lost aggro when I dived into a corner on the far end of the first room; I could even get sneak attack bonuses from like 4m away), but I can't say it was anything but memorable when I had to kite one out into the surrounding landscape and try to hit it with frag rockets just to chip away at that giant health bar.

I think it was after my fourth or fifth death that I finally figured the trick out, and felt like a genius (and a dumbass, for not figuring it out earlier :p). After that things were pretty straightforward, though I chickened out on the last room with all the soldiers in it and flung a couple rockets in there to stop the stream without having to get close myself... I hope I didn't blow up anything important?

Managed to loot a laser pistol, which'll be a godsend for the demonic enemies that have started popping up, though I'm a little salty that it does more damage without mods than my fully upgraded coilrifle, which I only recently started using. I suspect the coilsniper won't have time to shine, but we'll see once I hit level 100.

Sidenote, but I'm grateful that much of the furniture in there was made of high quality materials; made it worth bringing a wrench.

Now I just need to find Eve again and do her quest for the POI, I really want to see if that goes anywhere.

Overall 10/10, glad I didn't ask for help and figured everything out the hard way :D

Edited by Align (see edit history)

Hi. I hope I'm in the right place. I'm trying to install Darkness Falls and I'm getting an error and the game won't run. So I'm looking for some help.

I'm installing with the Mod Launcher. I have the proper versions of everything, and the game starts, but at some point when the process starts initializing world a log display appears with some text in red regarding an asset bundle that is already loaded. Animal Hunter Potion Unity 3d or something like that. There is also a notation in red stating that there is a Divide By Zero Exception. At that point the game locks up and must be terminated. I'm attaching a screenshot but it's a bit hard to see. Is there an error file I can attach somewhere? Any assistance is appreciated.

If this image is too difficult to see, here is a link to a full sized image. Thank you again.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...skLNkuGrBBc-1R

UPDATE - Got it working by manually installing. I hope the information is useful in some way.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\timage_28897.jpg Views:\t4 Size:\t87.0 KB ID:\t1726161","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1726161","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

This is a normal issue with the Mod Launcher with this game and a couple others .. But if you just hit ESC and go back into game screen .. the game will run fine .. Should (SAY) it does for me and I've had it happen several times .. has to do with something in how windows reads the game .. I understand it can happen on a Linux system also.

As per what Hardcase found, I strongly recommend manual installs atm because the launcher is occasionally corrupting/incorrectly copying files and I don't know why.

Is there a list of all itens we can spawn using the spawnentity command? The list cuts off when i use it.

Press F6 and use that menu. It's WAY better.

I loaded Darkness falls to my server and it starts to load but when i get to Creating player screen it stops loading. i then get a long list of errors about loading prefab. what would cause this?

A bad install of some kind. Would need the server log file to see why it's failing.

Hello. Really like your mod. There were no problems with the installation. But there is a problem that I find it difficult to play with a friend. When we are together, after 5-10 minutes my screen just flies out or the screen just turns off (I play on a laptop). I want to note that the screen does not turn black, but simply turns off, but all the sounds are present. I exclude that the problem is in the power of the laptop since the hardware should be suitable (gtx 960m, RAM 16gb, intel core i7 4720hq). Help solve the problem

Dumb idea.

Try plugging your laptop into an external display and see if the issue continues. If it does, then you may have an overheating issue so it's turning off the GPU. If the external screen continues to work but the internal screen goes off, you may have a bad cable inside the laptop (it does happen, annoyingly).

Hi there.

Installed the latest version like I did with many mods before. All folders and files seems to be on their spot.

But I get this.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

It's not installed properly. You can tell by all the missing blocks. My guess would be your provider isn't allowing DLL uploads, which then makes the blocks.xml fail.

For a while I've been trying to do Eve's quest line, but couldn't get into the POI due to lacking the needed item for the front door. Well, I finally got lucky and found it in a random Hidden Stash... after trying to get it as loot from lab zombies for days before that.

Unfortunately the zombies that had spawned in on previous visits when I didn't have the item were still there, so despite previously feeling like a pretty tough guy, I got slaughtered. And extra unfortunately, when I went back to Eve she was attacked by some random zombo and I accidentally clipped her when trying to help out, so, well, it was either her or me. Hoping she'll respawn eventually.

Anyway, the quest may have failed, but the POI was still there, so I decided to try and loot it. It took some doing with the toughies that had spawned, but eventually I managed to clear my way through the front door - only to get thrown right out by the endless stream of horror that particular POI throws at you. Died several times trying to figure out how the heck I was supposed to progress.

At one point I tried luring them away, but that didn't help - though I did get a lot of useful loot, including enough notes to unlock future tech! I still lack the levels to progress in it, as well as the equipment to craft even the first level stuff, but it's nice to get that out of the way.

It all started feeling a bit unfair when two behemoths had spawned indoors, especially as it left my backpack from previous deaths pinned in the back (bit of a bug/exploit there by the way, the zombies completely lost aggro when I dived into a corner on the far end of the first room; I could even get sneak attack bonuses from like 4m away), but I can't say it was anything but memorable when I had to kite one out into the surrounding landscape and try to hit it with frag rockets just to chip away at that giant health bar.

I think it was after my fourth or fifth death that I finally figured the trick out, and felt like a genius (and a dumbass, for not figuring it out earlier ). After that things were pretty straightforward, though I chickened out on the last room with all the soldiers in it and flung a couple rockets in there to stop the stream without having to get close myself... I hope I didn't blow up anything important?

Managed to loot a laser pistol, which'll be a godsend for the demonic enemies that have started popping up, though I'm a little salty that it does more damage without mods than my fully upgraded coilrifle, which I only recently started using. I suspect the coilsniper won't have time to shine, but we'll see once I hit level 100.

Sidenote, but I'm grateful that much of the furniture in there was made of high quality materials; made it worth bringing a wrench.

Now I just need to find Eve again and do her quest for the POI, I really want to see if that goes anywhere.

Overall 10/10, glad I didn't ask for help and figured everything out the hard way

Gotta love those bunkers. ;) Glad you enjoyed it even if it was a little frustrating.

Hey, could you tell me how you added my post to your reply? It's been years since Skyrim and I've forgotten how mod forums work. Thanks.

If you look at the bottom right of a post, you'l see Quote, Flag and Like.

Click Quote. That adds the text of the post to your reply. :)

KhaineGB

Dumb idea. Try plugging your laptop into an external display and see if the issue continues. If it does, then you may have an overheating issue so it's turning off the GPU. If the external screen continues to work but the internal screen goes off, you may have a bad cable inside the laptop (it does happen, annoyingly).

Thanks. The problem is solved by the usual installation of the swap file at the choice of the system