Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Would I be right in thinking that if I tried to start a game in Navisgane that an error when loading Biomes would occur? I've just had this happen 3 times and now decided to go to Random Gen. So far so good.

Where would I be loading a cropped screenprint of the errors?

I finally got the Eve quests figured out after the despawning and have cleared the small and large bunkers. That was fun but insane. I'm trying to start technology crafting. I've crafted the technology now book. The skill lock tip in the skill tree said I needed to be level 75 to access that tree, and the book says I need to read it to learn technology crafting. I'm level 75 but the "read" option is greyed out on the book. Am I missing something?

I finally got the Eve quests figured out after the despawning and have cleared the small and large bunkers. That was fun but insane. I'm trying to start technology crafting. I've crafted the technology now book. The skill lock tip in the skill tree said I needed to be level 75 to access that tree, and the book says I need to read it to learn technology crafting. I'm level 75 but the "read" option is greyed out on the book. Am I missing something?

Regarding the Technology Now! book, place it in your hotbar to read.

Would I be right in thinking that if I tried to start a game in Navisgane that an error when loading Biomes would occur? I've just had this happen 3 times and now decided to go to Random Gen. So far so good.

Where would I be loading a cropped screenprint of the errors?

I had the same problem on Nav when using the launcher. It was copying the wrong map info file over. So I added the proper map info to the folder. I'd try re-syncing from the launcher and see if that fixes it. :)

Im getting more and more frustrated with the mod daily. I have never been able to play 2 days in a row without some error coming up and causing me to restart. Any other 7d2d mods and vanilla work just fine but this mod is plaguing me with non stop errors.

The most common one is that stupid "Error: IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array."

This always messes up my game after I log in the next day and forces me to restart. I've never made it past the first horde night. Perhaps I should just leave my game running forever then.

Edited by Holydarkblade (see edit history)

So I am having some weird issues with a few things. First off, when I click on the Farming Entry in the journal, nothing happens, it just keeps the entry of whatever I was clicked on before showing. Not a huge deal, but I am guessing there is some important information contained in the entry.

Next, we are camped out at a Trader Bob, and if we go away and come back, he will start cloning but the clones will start dying. The main trader is fine and I can still talk to him, but I dont know why the trader is doing this. Not a huge deal, and its kind of funny, but thought I would bring it up.

Also, I am having a weird issue with some of the POI's either being up to high or sunk in the ground. The trader in particular is rather odd, I have to nerd pole my way out. I went into a new game to see if it was just the save, but the same issue at the same places that I saw it at are happening as you can see in the pictures below. These are on the large map.

327724027_SunkTrader.jpg.88f9b595afa46a73f0d7e2d1e3fea3e0.jpg

1661720188_RaisedPOI.jpg.f50cf8b0b11043cd8c13ddba829ec709.jpg

I don't know if this is a global issue with the map or if its something on my end. Thanks for the mod, its really cool!

Hi there guys, first time posting here, after trying some keyword searches I am still unsure...

I am in the Darkness Falls Medium map. I unlocked the Future Technology with research notes, I have found the Eve npc, and did the chain which led me to a small underground bunker. I cleared the bunker and retrieved the supplies for her, but the quest chain seems to have ended there and I still have not found any fusion forges or laser workbenches to finally craft my own laser workbench... Is there something Im missing still? sorry if this has been answered already

Edited by H_ink (see edit history)

Having an issue . My wife and i are trying to connect and she keeps getting an error message crawlerstepcloth having the same name as something else any ideas?

That's odd, because that's a vanilla sound. So that shouldn't be causing an issue.

Im getting more and more frustrated with the mod daily. I have never been able to play 2 days in a row without some error coming up and causing me to restart. Any other 7d2d mods and vanilla work just fine but this mod is plaguing me with non stop errors.

The most common one is that stupid "Error: IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array."

This always messes up my game after I log in the next day and forces me to restart. I've never made it past the first horde night. Perhaps I should just leave my game running forever then.

That error is related to the map having the incorrect map_info file.

I'd try manually installing the mod instead as i've noticed folks who do that NEVER have an issue.

So I am having some weird issues with a few things. First off, when I click on the Farming Entry in the journal, nothing happens, it just keeps the entry of whatever I was clicked on before showing. Not a huge deal, but I am guessing there is some important information contained in the entry.

Next, we are camped out at a Trader Bob, and if we go away and come back, he will start cloning but the clones will start dying. The main trader is fine and I can still talk to him, but I dont know why the trader is doing this. Not a huge deal, and its kind of funny, but thought I would bring it up.

Also, I am having a weird issue with some of the POI's either being up to high or sunk in the ground. The trader in particular is rather odd, I have to nerd pole my way out. I went into a new game to see if it was just the save, but the same issue at the same places that I saw it at are happening as you can see in the pictures below. These are on the large map.

I'll have to check the farming entry. It may just be a bad comma in the localization.

That happens with the trader if the game detects they aren't on their "spawn block". Basically just kill them all, let the bodies despawn and it'll fix it (make sure you hand in quests first).

POI issues are an issue with the maps that I need to go fix manually. Basically RWG screwed up when making them.

Hi there guys, first time posting here, after trying some keyword searches I am still unsure...

I am in the Darkness Falls Medium map. I unlocked the Future Technology with research notes, I have found the Eve npc, and did the chain which led me to a small underground bunker. I cleared the bunker and retrieved the supplies for her, but the quest chain seems to have ended there and I still have not found any fusion forges or laser workbenches to finally craft my own laser workbench... Is there something Im missing still? sorry if this has been answered already

Nope. That's intended. You have to go find the large bunker manually. It's in one of the wasteland areas.

Nope. That's intended. You have to go find the large bunker manually. It's in one of the wasteland areas.

Thanks for youre quick replies dude, i see you do a great job responding to people on here.

BTW I fricken love this mod, it has so much depth and richness in the crafting. Im having a blast =)

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Sunk Trader.jpg","data-attachmentid":1727839}[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Raised POI.jpg","data-attachmentid":1727840}[/ATTACH]

I don't know if this is a global issue with the map or if its something on my end. Thanks for the mod, its really cool!

I had the same issue when I first installed the mod. All of the traders, cities, POIs, etc. were up very high. Some would be on ground and I'd have to use blocks to jump up to them and others were floating in mid-air until I approached them. When I got to a certain distance, they would start crumbling block by block to the ground and be destroyed. I had to delete the mod and reinstall it and select "download from Steam." That fixed the problem for me.

That reminds me, using a mining tool with 5/5 Miner 69'er gives an extra +1 of the crop, for a total of +6 if you've also maxed Living off the Land. Bug, feature, or just not a big deal?

It's sort-of a bug. TFP's tags that target blocks aren't working quite right, but i'm not gonna worry about it tbh.

Is there any way to manually raise the Action Skills like Scavenging and Athletics? I lost my save to a power outage and I managed to get the world back, but not my character. I could easily get my XP and items spawned back in, but I don't know how to raise the skills besides just playing the game.

HI. LOVING this mod. Question - I see videos in which people starting a new game get two skill books. I am only getting one. Is that intentional, or is there some way I can get two skill books at the beginning of a new game? Thank you for any help offered.