Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hope everyone had a good holiday season! I actually snuck out 2.4 stable and forgot to post in here because my sleep schedule is completely RIP right now. :)

It is in there but look:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31034[/ATTACH]

and the other recipe is locked:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31035[/ATTACH]

I'll do some testing and see if I can reproduce it. I've checked all the code and it SHOULD work, but obviously it doesn't... for some reason.

Is the bonus for upgrading,repairing with Action Skills Construction Tools no longer ? Only damage,stamina?

on the a17 was it still possible?

Construction Tools was removed. All it did was increase block damamge for hammers and used as a way to gate some skills. So it was a little pointless.

Ok, so titanium armor...check. Coil rifles, plenty of rounds...check. Rad protection...check. I'ma go smoke the rad zone!!!!

<...15 seconds later...> Run screaming like a little girl....check.

Masterfully done KhaineGB! you win this round :p

Yeeeeeeeah, that place is not nice. ;)

Giving this one an attempt. High hopes for DF after the disappointment experienced with Ravenhearst

Expect bugs. I haven't found anything that breaks the mod (except for the trader issue that I threw a band-aid fix on until I can re-code the C# patch), but it does have some minor bugs... as you can probably see from reading the thread.

First of all, Love the Mod!

I have a few questions though:

1. Is the beaker still available to be found? ( I have played close to 30 hours now and i did not find any)

2. How can you make Forged Steel? My regular Forge has no place to put the crucible in. Is there another station that can make it?

3. Would the mining nodes be implemented like in the original game v 18.1?

Thank you

My game has crashed several times while I was riding a bicycle or minibike (only vehicles I have atm). The screen will start flickering between scenes, then it shows my toon sliding like it had died. I can't do anything when this happens except relog. When I come back I find that everything on my hotbar is missing and the bike that I had been riding is gone. Inventory is intact. Any help is greatly appreciated.

My game has crashed several times while I was riding a bicycle or minibike (only vehicles I have atm). The screen will start flickering between scenes, then it shows my toon sliding like it had died. I can't do anything when this happens except relog. When I come back I find that everything on my hotbar is missing and the bike that I had been riding is gone. Inventory is intact. Any help is greatly appreciated.

So I think what's happening is one of the mods in an earlier build of the mod was deleting vehicles. It was ONLY supposed to delete zombies, but since I removed those harmony patches, I haven't had any reports of missing vehicles.

So what I'd do is make sure you have a clean version of the game, and re-download the mod and see if that sorts it out.

whenever i try to install the mod with the launcher or manualy i get the fatal error ''failed to load mono'', what can i do against this bug? i already spended over 8 Hours with reinstalling it again and again….

That one I honestly have no idea on. I grabbed a clean version of 18.2 off steam, downloaded off git and manually added the mod to see if I could reproduce and it just worked fine.

If anyone else reading the thread has any ideas on this one, please let me and the user know, cos i'm stumped!

Just a heads up incase this isnt already known, but Forged Titanium when REprocessed will yeild enough for ~2more Forged Titanium.

I did not know that. Huh. Gonna have to look into that. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Is that just tossing the forged titanium straight back into the input slots?

Finished the Labor class quests and have 4 points in Hammer and Forge (Machinist) which is supposed to give me access to the concrete mixer, yet when I go to craft it it says perk instead of craft and takes me to the perks pages when I click it. Am I doing something wrong?

Okay, so I know what this is... but it's not easily fixable.

If you have one of the perks to make the item, but you're in the wrong WORKSTATION, it claims you're missing the perk.

For the cement mixer, you need the metal workstation. I may need to go through pretty much all items/blocks and manually add the workstation + tool info to the descriptions.

That's gonna suuuuuuuuuck.

That one I honestly have no idea on. I grabbed a clean version of 18.2 off steam, downloaded off git and manually added the mod to see if I could reproduce and it just worked fine.

If anyone else reading the thread has any ideas on this one, please let me and the user know, cos i'm stumped!

i got a way around it after 12+ Hours of reinstalling….

first i deleted evry 7dtd file i had on my computer to be sure there is no corrupted date suource remaining then i installed a normal 7dtd from steam, then i created a copy trought the launcher without the Darkness falls mod in it.

after that i manualy downloaded the Darkness falls mod and started it trought the launcher, without presync/Refreshing mod because that gona make it broken again….

so i wont be Abel to update it in any case which is Pretty upseting because i realy like the mod.....¨

i think this Problem is from the launcher and not from the mod itself, but i didnt find the launcher topic to post it there, so i hope spherei gona read this here.

Edited by Mirar (see edit history)

i got a way around it after 12+ Hours of reinstalling….

first i deleted evry 7dtd file i had on my computer to be sure there is no corrupted date suource remaining then i installed a normal 7dtd from steam, then i created a copy trought the launcher without the Darkness falls mod in it.

after that i manualy downloaded the Darkness falls mod and started it trought the launcher, without presync/Refreshing mod because that gona make it broken again….

so i wont be Abel to update it in any case which is Pretty upseting because i realy like the mod.....¨

i think this Problem is from the launcher and not from the mod itself, but i didnt find the launcher topic to post it there, so i hope spherei gona read this here.

Here's the mod launcher thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Glad you got it sorted though. :)

Hey there. Is there something wrong with the forge? There is no place to put the crucible which I need in order to create Forged Steel. Am I missing something?

Nope, that's intended. You need the Big Forge or Advanced Forge to make steel.

Khaine, Steel in Advanced forge is locked behind Steel tools perk - reading schematics doesn't unlock it, you have to buy the perk to unlock it - and that unlocks forged steel recipe in adv. forge.

Also there are few bugs with world gen ( comparing to DF in A17 )

1. So far only ore I find in the ground is Iron and Shale in the desert - but other ores are really rare ( I only found few small pockets of nitrate under the boulders - like 3000 and NO COAL ) Its not game breaking since you can buy these from traders, but I don't think its intended.

2. Whole ore system is sort of messed up - you only get surface pockets ( 90% of that is iron ), but underneath there are hardly any ores - used admin tools to dig 1 km long tunnel near bedrock and only found 2 pockets of iron down there. And as said earlier hardly any other ores, no titanium as well.

3. World gen, doesn't create any burned forests, or snow biomes ( tried few new worlds after upgrading to exp 2.4 ) but same result. I assume military bases POI's aren't implemented yet? ( in burned forest and wasteland?

And these observations are results of gameplay currently sitting at day 42, lvl 102. So at these stages you start to need some gunpowder to get by on horde nights :)

I don't know how far are you with implementing everything, but just added these here just in case.

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)

A couple of questions:

1. Advanced Forge - what is the tool in the lower/left quadrant (i.e. not the Advanced Bellows, Crucible, or Anvil)?

2. I unlocked Huntsman via crafting a third Blank Class Paper from skill notes (mostly harvested by scrapping schematics). I found Master Huntsman and learned it before I unlocked the 3rd class - which it showed a red zero (as expected). Once I completed the Hunstman 6/6 quest, the Master Huntsman is till not unlocked, shows a red zero, a red check mark and says "Disabled by status effect" when hovering over the check. I am level 41. What status effect is holding me back? Do I need 5/5 in both Huntsman perks?

A couple of questions:

1. Advanced Forge - what is the tool in the lower/left quadrant (i.e. not the Advanced Bellows, Crucible, or Anvil)?

2. I unlocked Huntsman via crafting a third Blank Class Paper from skill notes (mostly harvested by scrapping schematics). I found Master Huntsman and learned it before I unlocked the 3rd class - which it showed a red zero (as expected). Once I completed the Hunstman 6/6 quest, the Master Huntsman is till not unlocked, shows a red zero, a red check mark and says "Disabled by status effect" when hovering over the check. I am level 41. What status effect is holding me back? Do I need 5/5 in both Huntsman perks?

1. Its called Tool & Die set - you can buy it from traders ( keep an eye out for wandering traders on the map - they are usually stocked with these - leveled Better Barter helps ) - it is used for making ammo

2. All mastery skills are locked behind lvl 50 and completed chain quest

Khaine, Steel in Advanced forge is locked behind Steel tools perk - reading schematics doesn't unlock it, you have to buy the perk to unlock it - and that unlocks forged steel recipe in adv. forge.

Also there are few bugs with world gen ( comparing to DF in A17 )

1. So far only ore I find in the ground is Iron and Shale in the desert - but other ores are really rare ( I only found few small pockets of nitrate under the boulders - like 3000 and NO COAL ) Its not game breaking since you can buy these from traders, but I don't think its intended.

2. Whole ore system is sort of messed up - you only get surface pockets ( 90% of that is iron ), but underneath there are hardly any ores - used admin tools to dig 1 km long tunnel near bedrock and only found 2 pockets of iron down there. And as said earlier hardly any other ores, no titanium as well.

3. World gen, doesn't create any burned forests, or snow biomes ( tried few new worlds after upgrading to exp 2.4 ) but same result. I assume military bases POI's aren't implemented yet? ( in burned forest and wasteland?

And these observations are results of gameplay currently sitting at day 42, lvl 102. So at these stages you start to need some gunpowder to get by on horde nights :)

I don't know how far are you with implementing everything, but just added these here just in case.

I'm gonna test the steel thing later because it is listed to unlock with Hammer and Forge. I double and triple checked it.

EDIT: MAY have found the issue with this. One of the forged steel recipes did not have tags=learnable... and that was the Big Forge one. I think it was buggering things up. Have fixed that and will test.

Regarding ore, make sure you;re on the latest version. Folks have been finding veins fine. I also changed up the biomes.

Snow - Primary: Nitrate. Secondary: Lead/Coal
Forest - Primary: Iron. Secondary: Lead/Nitrate
Desert - Primary: Oil. Secondary: Coal/Iron
Wasteland - Primary: Titanium. Secondary: Coal/Iron
Burnt - Primary: Coal. Secondary: Oil/Nitrate
Radiated - Primary: Titanium. Secondary: Uranium/Plutonium

RWG is not recommended for DF. At all. It doesn't spawn the rad biome and some of the other ones are kinda screwed up (I didn't mess with biome distribution)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hello, Is there any way to reduce crafting time of gunpowder, since it takes alot of gunpowder to make 4k-8k(standard for BM) bullets therefore lots of time is required to craft, whereas bullet casings and tips are no problem since their crafting speed is fast. also will there be any ammunition boxes(like in vanilla) that require less resources per 100 bullets ? Regarding the stone hammer is it intented that it upgrades blocks faster than any claw hammer/nail gun ?. Sorry for so many questions, thank you in advance :)

Gunpowder... probably not. All of the crafting perks decrease crafting time globally + there's quicker crafting.

Ammo boxes are in, but they're literally JUST designed to help you store bullets rather than save resources.

It's intended for the stone hammer to upgrade fast to help you get started with building, however it does NOT upgrade beyond cobblestone. :)

Came back to 7DTD after a brief hiatus and saw everything was updated. Yay! Thing is, it won't open. Hubby and I got the updates and proceeded to start up a new game. We finally had to go to play the regular Steam version of 7DTD because we were having issues. Now he's gone to work and I'm trying to work out what's going on. Logged in, created a game, and I'm trying to load it up... I've been at the Creating Player stage of loading for approximately ten eons (about 15 minutes, give or take), and it's JUST SITTING THERE. No errors, it's not doing the not responding thing. It's just NOT MOVING. Is this normal for a first start up with the new version, or is something terribly wrong?

This game never was the quickest at starting up, especially with mods and whatnot. But it's NEVER been this slow before. Nowhere near it. Any suggestions?

Edit: Okay. It finally loaded. Hooray! Started loading mods in and Sorcery (my favorite add on to this) makes it not load AT ALL. I know that's not your mod, but I just wanted to let you know it's not working. No errors. Just sort of hangs on loading and never fully goes into the game. Hopefully that'll be corrected at some point and I can try again. :/

Edited by VagabondClown (see edit history)

Came back to 7DTD after a brief hiatus and saw everything was updated. Yay! Thing is, it won't open. Hubby and I got the updates and proceeded to start up a new game. We finally had to go to play the regular Steam version of 7DTD because we were having issues. Now he's gone to work and I'm trying to work out what's going on. Logged in, created a game, and I'm trying to load it up... I've been at the Creating Player stage of loading for approximately ten eons (about 15 minutes, give or take), and it's JUST SITTING THERE. No errors, it's not doing the not responding thing. It's just NOT MOVING. Is this normal for a first start up with the new version, or is something terribly wrong?

This game never was the quickest at starting up, especially with mods and whatnot. But it's NEVER been this slow before. Nowhere near it. Any suggestions?

Edit: Okay. It finally loaded. Hooray! Started loading mods in and Sorcery (my favorite add on to this) makes it not load AT ALL. I know that's not your mod, but I just wanted to let you know it's not working. No errors. Just sort of hangs on loading and never fully goes into the game. Hopefully that'll be corrected at some point and I can try again. :/

Sorcery for A18 is not out yet.

Hi there. Can anybody tell me where to get plutonium and uranium. Are they only in the radiated biome which we cant find. Or will find them under the wasteland?

They only can be found in the radiated zone. Make sure you are playing on one of the DF Maps included in the mod download. If you create a world with Nitrogen, you need to add the Darkfall Zones by activating this option in Nitrogen.

Hi there. Can anybody tell me where to get plutonium and uranium. Are they only in the radiated biome which we cant find. Or will find them under the wasteland?

It's pretty much only in the rad biome. If you used RWG, you won't have one, which is why I do not recommend RWG at all.

Sorcery hasn't been updated for A18, so that's why it won't work.

I am curious but what happened to the explosive perk or am I dumb n blind? I was messing around with a throw away world and noticed that nades felt exceptionally weak in the more dangerous/late game areas.

I removed that in A17. I'm planning to add some high tech grenades to help with that. :)

Hello,

sorry for noob question:

Whats skill are only obtainable by skill points? I mean some of it we can get through books, but i dont want to "waste" skill points on skills that i can unlock via books ( have ~100 books already ready to read )

There's actually a section in the skills that says "Perks Unlocked By Books." That's MOSTLY correct. I think cement mixer, workbenches, iron armor, scrap armor and leather armor need to be under that too (though the books for armor aren't working how I intended)