Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Also, I know it doesn't have anything to do with your mod, but do you know if there's a parameter already in place within their code to make the character's gender a requirement for using something? Made an Amazon class to add in and I wanted it to be female only if possible, for obvious logical reasons, just don't know if that's actually possible with what they have in their code, currently.

hello KhaineGB good work on a18 version! :D just got back to 7d2d and this is perfect way to jump into modded again! :D

is it possible for me to swap to smx HUD instead of yours? or is it imposible =)

kinda like smx layout better =), but like your modpack in general =)

Nope. I changed way too much for it to work.

Also, I know it doesn't have anything to do with your mod, but do you know if there's a parameter already in place within their code to make the character's gender a requirement for using something? Made an Amazon class to add in and I wanted it to be female only if possible, for obvious logical reasons, just don't know if that's actually possible with what they have in their code, currently.

Yep. You'd want this for female.

<requirement name="!IsMale"/>

And this for male.

<requirement name="IsMale"/>

One more question, I also want to maybe make a mage class with the spells modlet and gate the items to that class. Obviously I can make it only craftable by that class, but is there a "wield only if" type parameter?

- - - Updated - - -

No problem at all :) You'll have to show me what you're working on when it's ready for prime time.

Always love looking at other creators work!

Most definitely!

You can't stop folks from wielding stuff.

What you CAN do is have 2 effect groups. 1 for if X parameter is met, and 1 for if it's not.

So, as an example, this is a weapon I was working on for DF (need to finish the anims)

<effect_group name="Effects to stop any issues with slots and degradation">
	<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffPowerArmorComplete"/>
		<passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="7000,14000" tier="1,60"/>
		<passive_effect name="DegradationPerUse" operation="base_set" value="16"/>

<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" tier="1,11,21,31,41,51,61,71,80"/>
		<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value="0.1,0.2" tier="11,60" tags="EntityDamage"/>
		<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="base_add" value="200" tags="EconomicValue"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="ShowToolbeltMessage" message="WARNING: POWER ARMOR IS REQUIRED TO USE THIS WEAPON."/>
</effect_group>

<effect_group name="Powered Plasma Cannon Effects">
	<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffPowerArmorComplete"/>
		<-- actual weapon stuff goes here, snipped for size -->
</effect_group>

In theory you could do something with either a cvar or a buff. :)

You can't stop folks from wielding stuff.

What you CAN do is have 2 effect groups. 1 for if X parameter is met, and 1 for if it's not.

So, as an example, this is a weapon I was working on for DF (need to finish the anims)

<effect_group name="Effects to stop any issues with slots and degradation">
	<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffPowerArmorComplete"/>
		<passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="7000,14000" tier="1,60"/>
		<passive_effect name="DegradationPerUse" operation="base_set" value="16"/>

<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" tier="1,11,21,31,41,51,61,71,80"/>
		<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value="0.1,0.2" tier="11,60" tags="EntityDamage"/>
		<passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="base_add" value="200" tags="EconomicValue"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEquipStart" action="ShowToolbeltMessage" message="WARNING: POWER ARMOR IS REQUIRED TO USE THIS WEAPON."/>
</effect_group>

<effect_group name="Powered Plasma Cannon Effects">
	<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffPowerArmorComplete"/>
		<-- actual weapon stuff goes here, snipped for size -->
</effect_group>

In theory you could do something with either a cvar or a buff. :)

So theoretically, I could make it so a class has a skill that grants a "buff" that doesn't technically do anything, but if you don't have said buff while wielding a certain item, it does 0 damage or gives 0 stats?

Nope. I changed way too much for it to work.

okay fair enough :D I just miss clock, temperature and "feels like" numbers in HUD really =)

am i able to put them on in some way? :p

are being able to see clock in map, or build a wallclock or something, kinda annoying not to know how long i can be out or if i can make it to next stop and such =)

also btw in survivalist class skills

intrinsic immunity skill the descriptions on each level does not work/missing.

else this modpack feels really nice good job! :D really like to play again!

I think i read about in a17, that valmod was kinda your inspiration and taking some of the good parts from that mod =)

is traps or similar from valmod planned to come at some point?

I see Stallionsden have updated all valmods including trap mod to a18 =)

would love to have the traps back, i felt the were a nice part of valmod :D

Really miss them now that everything from ai, zombies to new types makes game so much harder then a16.

but less way to defend my base :p

https://7daystodiemods.com/alpha-18-mods/expanded-traps/

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?129896-Valmars-A18

----

ohh and fishing could be nice have some day :p

https://7daystodiemods.com/alpha-18-mods/fishing-mod-by-meancloud/

and winter vehicles skis, a snowboard, a skateboard, a kart, a sled

https://7daystodiemods.com/alpha-18-mods/snow-vehicles/

well that was abit off topic from traps but still cool =)

Edited by zymex (see edit history)

Hello KhaineGB,

Does drum magazine exist in Darkness falls mod?I can see it in cm,but unable to find it in looting, neither it can be crafted.Also I made advanced mag mod,but it can't be installed in junk turrets,normal one can be installed in it.Is it intentional?

Nope, it doesn't. The advanced mag replaces it, and I don't want the junk turret to have it's mag extended. You already get a pretty big bonus from higher tier turrets + the turret perk. :)

okay fair enough :D I just miss clock, temperature and "feels like" numbers in HUD really =)

am i able to put them on in some way? :p

are being able to see clock in map, or build a wallclock or something, kinda annoying not to know how long i can be out or if i can make it to next stop and such =)

also btw in survivalist class skills

intrinsic immunity skill the descriptions on each level does not work/missing.

else this modpack feels really nice good job! :D really like to play again!

The clock being removed is intended because that's how I want the mod to be played. You can get the time from any trader, the vending machines (including the player owned ones you can buy from the trader), the radio (survivalist mastery) or the watch (rare loot or made by the survivalist class once your class quest is done).

If you listen to the audio, you can tell what time of day it is too. Crickets start in the background noise at 7pm, for example.

I think i read about in a17, that valmod was kinda your inspiration and taking some of the good parts from that mod =)

is traps or similar from valmod planned to come at some point?

I see Stallionsden have updated all valmods including trap mod to a18 =)

would love to have the traps back, i felt the were a nice part of valmod :D

Really miss them now that everything from ai, zombies to new types makes game so much harder then a16.

but less way to defend my base :p

https://7daystodiemods.com/alpha-18-mods/expanded-traps/

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?129896-Valmars-A18

----

ohh and fishing could be nice have some day :p

https://7daystodiemods.com/alpha-18-mods/fishing-mod-by-meancloud/

and winter vehicles skis, a snowboard, a skateboard, a kart, a sled

https://7daystodiemods.com/alpha-18-mods/snow-vehicles/

well that was abit off topic from traps but still cool =)

I've got a basic idea for fishing already. The buff is currently disabled in buffs because I need to actually test it, but had other stuff I need to get done.

The traps might come in eventually, just not now. Bug fixing and getting a stable code base to start adding things to is WAY more important. I'm looking at overhauling farming too (made some code for an irrigation system, but currently untested)

First time installing mods. We are having a blast with Darkness Falls however we've encountered two issues. Maybe its user error, but we are at our wits end. 1) Despite all three of us hitting a rock that shows coal when we dig underneath we can't find coal. None. We have found everything else but no coal but from the surface hit. Bad luck or are we missing something? 2)My Character is Master Scientist however when I go to the Chemistry Station or Campfire it shows Biofuel with a greyed out lock symbol. Doesn't show that there is a perk to unlock just wont let me craft it. Is there a level requirement or is it bugged out? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Nope, it doesn't. The advanced mag replaces it, and I don't want the junk turret to have it's mag extended. You already get a pretty big bonus from higher tier turrets + the turret perk. :)

Just loaded up 18.2 with the newest DF and haven't gotten to turrets, again. Was this fixed in the most recent update? In our previous game my turret only held 25 rounds (fully maxed skill and lvl 71 turrets). So I abandoned them pretty quickly. I was actually going to avoid them for this playthrough, but might revisit!

The clock being removed is intended because that's how I want the mod to be played. You can get the time from any trader, the vending machines (including the player owned ones you can buy from the trader), the radio (survivalist mastery) or the watch (rare loot or made by the survivalist class once your class quest is done).

If you listen to the audio, you can tell what time of day it is too. Crickets start in the background noise at 7pm, for example.

I've been playing too long when we are out adventuring and I tell my server mates, "I can't believe it's already noon!" based on just the sounds.

love the mod but have found a lot of stuff that I cannot craft.

For example: Concrete mixer

Pre-Reqs Science Crafting 2, Mining Tools 20, "Already Available to Laborer Class"

I'm Science crafting 3, mining tools 62, and a Laborer

Also finding myself not being able to make Cheap Darts, Iron tools, recipe and a lot of things that have the "Already Available to Laborer Class" as a pre-requisite. It seems that being a Laborer is not fulfilling the "Already Available to Laborer Class" checkmark in the files somewhere.

Anyone know where to fix this in the game XML files? Or where the check requirements are for items you want to craft are in terms of XML? So many bugs with this and would love to be able to fix it myself if I come across more.

love the mod but have found a lot of stuff that I cannot craft.

For example: Concrete mixer

Pre-Reqs Science Crafting 2, Mining Tools 20, "Already Available to Laborer Class"

I'm Science crafting 3, mining tools 62, and a Laborer

Also finding myself not being able to make Cheap Darts, Iron tools, recipe and a lot of things that have the "Already Available to Laborer Class" as a pre-requisite. It seems that being a Laborer is not fulfilling the "Already Available to Laborer Class" checkmark in the files somewhere.

Anyone know where to fix this in the game XML files? Or where the check requirements are for items you want to craft are in terms of XML? So many bugs with this and would love to be able to fix it myself if I come across more.

Look under Advanced Engineering and Hammer and Forge.

EDIT: Example. This is ALL Hammer and Forge...

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,5" tags="DFmeleeToolFireaxeScrap,DFmeleeToolPickaxeScrap,DFmeleeToolShovelScrap,lanternLight_player"/>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="2,5" tags="forge,meleeToolFireaxeIron,meleeToolPickaxeIron,meleeToolShovelIron,meleeToolClawHammer,meleeToolSledgehammer,meleeToolKnifeIron"/> <-- iron tools
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="3,5" tags="armorIronBoots,armorIronChest,armorIronGloves,armorIronHelmet,armorIronLegs,DFBigForge"/>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="4,5" tags="toolForgeCrucible,resourceArrowHeadSteelAP,resourceForgedSteel,cementMixer,resourceCement,resourceConcreteMix"/> <-- cement mixer
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="5" tags="meleeToolPickaxeSteel,meleeToolShovelSteel,meleeToolFireaxeSteel,DFAdvForge,toolBellows"/>

Is it just me or does the game revert to 18.1b8 with DF installed, I installed it over 18.2b5

That sounds like you're somehow getting B3 instead of B5.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I've got a basic idea for fishing already. The buff is currently disabled in buffs because I need to actually test it, but had other stuff I need to get done.

The traps might come in eventually, just not now. Bug fixing and getting a stable code base to start adding things to is WAY more important. I'm looking at overhauling farming too (made some code for an irrigation system, but currently untested)

nice thank you for answers! and could be cool see fishing and traps ingame at some point!

and ofc after bug fixing and making stable release! :D

Is there anyway,through which I could add heat to advanced forge,I have currently 3 at base,but never seen any screamer,and heatmap stay at one place,Normal forges increase heatmap so fast.

Thank you. One more question, where do you edit the starting number of class books for multiplayer?

edit: Found it in the items.xml starting backpack

You can also do it in entityclasses.xml on playerMale. :)

Is there anyway,through which I could add heat to advanced forge,I have currently 3 at base,but never seen any screamer,and heatmap stay at one place,Normal forges increase heatmap so fast.

I don't THINK so... because I don't have the forge use fuel and i'm pretty sure heat is only accrued when the forge is on.

But you could look at torches maybe? They don't have an on/off and they add heat.