Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Turned off for now because using it to disconnect power was causing NRE's for reasons I don't understand :)
Bro I just crafted 2 lvl 6 junk turrets and it's magazine size is 25,Is this intentional or bugged,bcz lvl 3 mag size was 40,lvl 5 mag size was 46.

Also just did my day14 horde at base,was getting too many NRE at start.

Does anyone know if the Butcher mod and the Car Mechanic mod are compatible with DF?

Not by simply putting those mods together. You'd need to rework, balance and merge every single part of them manually to make them work together. Maybe doable, but a huge load of work. And you need to know what you are doing ;)

You unlocked it early. Requires Mining Tools 20 and Science Crafting 2.

How to know that we need this to unlock cement mixer ??

I got 50 in mining tools, 2 in science crafting , I'm laborer 2/2 and have 4 in hammer and forge and in concrete mixing still have "disabled by statut effect" . I'm level 18 :(

Edited by Aerith (see edit history)

I have looted them in mid range game stage and they can be crafted at the laser work bench

But where do you get it? In any random container, I have looted a complete laboratory and they have not given it to me, to do it in the laser bank I ask for the same Laser-multi tool as a tool, so first you must loot it, I suppose.

I got 50 in mining tools, 2 in science crafting , I'm laborer 2/2 and have 4 in hammer and forge and in concrete mixing still have "disabled by statut effect" . I'm level 18 :(

I have the same problem.

A word of warning to those fortifying a trader with guards.

If you try to break the catwalk type rails in front of the guards. The lovely glancing blow mechanic with melee weapons (fire Axe) hit the guard. The guards don't appreciate it and return the favor by killing you.

Any way to turn off friendly fire? Them dumb iceholes shot me up pretty good one time shooting through me to get to the zombies as well. :)

Zombies take no fall damage from 10 to 40 blocks. Any concern with it? Is there a command line value to tue zombies falldamage?

It's actually coded in the DLL, so unfortunately not. I'm considering disabling it though just to make pit traps more viable.

The mod launcher shows build 4 instead of build 5. How does one make the most recent version of this mod show?

I just forgot to update the XML. It's build 5. :)

I'm not sure why the last build didn't work right but this one seem to be running great using your Mac install instructions. Thanks KhaineGB

Because 7DTD is a pain in the arse. ;) Glad it's working now!

Where do you get the Laser-multi tool, is it looteable?

Lootable from both bunkers.

Bro I just crafted 2 lvl 6 junk turrets and it's magazine size is 25,Is this intentional or bugged,bcz lvl 3 mag size was 40,lvl 5 mag size was 46.

Also just did my day14 horde at base,was getting too many NRE at start.

Was a bug in Build 4 which has been fixed in Build 5 for the turrets. Would need the log to investigate the NRE's but high chance one of the files was just a bad download.

I have so many questions and i dont wanna post them all here. Is there a wiki page or anything of the sort that can help me out?

There's a discord link on the first page of this thread. We've got an FAQ in there and one of the testers is also working on a webpage. But feel free to hop in and ask questions. :)

what happens if you use a world that doesn’t have DFalls in it like Pregen01?

You'll be missing all the compo pack POI's, all the DF-specific POI's and the custom rad biome. So no laser stuff.

Laborer gets cement mixer from Hammer and Forge, not the cement mixing perk. Level 4 of hammer and forge requires you to be player level 20.

So you spent points in it even though the quest gives you points. That's why it says disabled.

A word of warning to those fortifying a trader with guards.

If you try to break the catwalk type rails in front of the guards. The lovely glancing blow mechanic with melee weapons (fire Axe) hit the guard. The guards don't appreciate it and return the favor by killing you.

Any way to turn off friendly fire? Them dumb iceholes shot me up pretty good one time shooting through me to get to the zombies as well. :)

Not really. They're designed to attack anyone who attacks them.

Ok so i have maxed out Living off the land and i still dont have access to wheat, banana, carrot, coconut, lime, orange, tomato seeds. What do i have to do to get access to those seeds? Cause they dont state in game

Master farmer.

Hey, just a quick 2 questions

Is it possible for me to return the xp notifications to how it is in vanilla alpha 18? As in whenever you perform any activity that awards xp it shows in the bottom right of the screen.

Also, feel free to ignore this question but do you know how to edit crafting times in the xml? I've tried googling and I can't seem to find a solution that works in A18

Lootable from both bunkers.

Thank you! KhaineGB, I have looted the two laboratories and they have not given it to me nor the red card registering all the desks, I am at level 140, previously I played a dark fall in a17 and I managed to find everything and several times in addition but in a18 I did not these two objects come out, I don't know why, thanks for the information and for this great mod.

Edited by Eltore7days (see edit history)

We have been playing Darkness Falls mod and is anyone else not finding Iron ore or any other mining material above surface like its suppose to be in Alpha 18? We are digging and cant' find it underneath either... Any suggestions?
Dig under boulders.You will get that material under it which you got from Boulder above.

Just tried it (a18.2).

Starter quest lets you build a small bagpack, a torch, a hammer and a sleeping bag. Iirc.

If you don't find a gore block to get animal fat for building the torch you are fu....

Additionally of course i crafted a bagpack and immediately wore it.

After completing the first quest:

- Wear bagback...

Yeah! Great! Bagpack is not shown in the character menu so i couldn't put it off and back on. Had to build another one (it's just 20 plantfiber and some sticks, but still anyoing).

Was this a recent change of the starter quests? I watched some darkness falls videos on youtube and they didn't seem to have these quests?

Has the maximum life and stamina been changed in version 5 ?.

I think that when updating to version 5, those parameters have been changed, but they have changed when I have died, I think that when the character is regenerated is when the changes have been applied, is that correct? I have gone from having 150 life / stamina (maximum) to having 100 (108).

With so little stamina it is impossible to survive with the mace, hehe. :)

Just tried it (a18.2).

Starter quest lets you build a small bagpack, a torch, a hammer and a sleeping bag. Iirc.

If you don't find a gore block to get animal fat for building the torch you are fu....

Additionally of course i crafted a bagpack and immediately wore it.

After completing the first quest:

- Wear bagback...

Yeah! Great! Bagpack is not shown in the character menu so i couldn't put it off and back on. Had to build another one (it's just 20 plantfiber and some sticks, but still anyoing).

Was this a recent change of the starter quests? I watched some darkness falls videos on youtube and they didn't seem to have these quests?

You know the item you start with that's a backpack and has the "Bundle" icon in the top right?

If you had OPENED IT, you would've been given all the items for the starter quest and wouldn't have needed to make a thing.

Has the maximum life and stamina been changed in version 5 ?.

I think that when updating to version 5, those parameters have been changed, but they have changed when I have died, I think that when the character is regenerated is when the changes have been applied, is that correct? I have gone from having 150 life / stamina (maximum) to having 100 (108).

With so little stamina it is impossible to survive with the mace, hehe. :)

No they haven't.

I suggest reading the wellness journal entry. It's all explained.