Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hello KhaineGB i already set all my game as i want but i wanted to add the behemot male and female from your mods.. but only the behemoth .... did you script have a folder for this 2 monster , did they have a hitbox integred and working? thank to awnser me

I am wondering if my current game is "winnable"? I started a 18.1 game with DF experimental about 3 weeks ago.

It is day 66 and I finally got around to exploring the map in my new gyrocopter. It seems that I am on an island on a 8k by 8k map. There are only 3 zones- a huge 2/3 of the island plains with a desert to the north and a wasteland to the far north.. I can't find a radiation zone (colored red on the map I believe) anywhere.

Suggestions?

Hey, I've noticed since trying the Mechanic that the Junk Turret flavor text says that it can reload more ammo per rank (assuming that means more maximum magazine), yet the magazine size stays the same through each rank. Just figured I'd let you know :)

Keep up the fantastic work!

Hello KhaineGB i already set all my game as i want but i wanted to add the behemot male and female from your mods.. but only the behemoth .... did you script have a folder for this 2 monster , did they have a hitbox integred and working? thank to awnser me

Female ones are just made using UMA's, so you can grab the code from Entityclasses and the Archetypes XML files.

Male NORMAL behemoth is TFP's model, so you can use that. The male RADIATED Behemoth is an asset I bought, which I cannot give permission for, i'm afraid. :) I believe the male behemoth SOUNDS are ones I purchased as well, so you couldn't use those but you can use the default zombie sounds built into the game.

I am wondering if my current game is "winnable"? I started a 18.1 game with DF experimental about 3 weeks ago.

It is day 66 and I finally got around to exploring the map in my new gyrocopter. It seems that I am on an island on a 8k by 8k map. There are only 3 zones- a huge 2/3 of the island plains with a desert to the north and a wasteland to the far north.. I can't find a radiation zone (colored red on the map I believe) anywhere.

Suggestions?

Sounds like you used normal RWG, which isn't compatible with the mod since custom biomes don't work.

So afraid not. :( However, DF 2.4 stable is getting uploaded VERY soon, so if you want to restart, you can do so with the stable build.

Hey, I've noticed since trying the Mechanic that the Junk Turret flavor text says that it can reload more ammo per rank (assuming that means more maximum magazine), yet the magazine size stays the same through each rank. Just figured I'd let you know :)

Keep up the fantastic work!

Pretty sure that's fixed for next build, however that's actually how it works in vanilla too. ;) So if it doesn't work, then it likely doesn't work in vanilla either.

K, so i'm an idiot then.

Will add it to my list of things to fix. Thanks for the heads up. :)

chem station sounds good to me, just not campfire only.

I found two other things, i cant upgrade steel blocks to titanium, i have forged titanium in inventory but it doesnt use it, it even shows missing forged titantium.

I have master scientist but i still cant craft biofuel. Is there a blueprint for it?

Thanks for the nice mod, you do a great job!

That sounds like you're somehow getting B3 instead of B5.

Indeed, no idea how I managed that, mad skills!

Re-downloaded and now it's on 18.2b5. Using that to prep a server and custom map for when your next update hits, looking good!

If there is one thing I would change it would be the hud, less thick border panel in favor of a more sleek clear look, especially the large thick bordered day indicator at the top, it's very in your face hanging there.

These are just observations, it's your mod so you can do as you like, obviously, just providing some feedback.

I love the hell gate style portals, will have to think of some cool places on the map to put those, I have a central city in a volcanic crater I could make a harder rad city with these hell-spawns :smile-new:

Awesome!

Tried this mod last night and what i saw was fantastic, however I was limited to short 1/2 hour sessions due to lack of controller support, would be fantastic if it could be added in at some point, I crushed my hand when I was younger and can’t last on a keyboard for more than a short while, I know it’s not a priority but I thought I’d mention it

I don't THINK so... because I don't have the forge use fuel and i'm pretty sure heat is only accrued when the forge is on.

But you could look at torches maybe? They don't have an on/off and they add heat.

Yeah i tried to increase heat for DFAdvForge but it didn't work,because they are even smelting materials but they are not even on.So i just increased heat for normal forge from 6 to 36,and it did work for me.

Also I saw your's and many others post on A18.3 about performance and i just rushed to try it,but it kinda backward for me.On A18.2 i can get 90+ fps and on A18.3,same setting i can get barely 45-50 fps,maybe it's another AMD thing.

chem station sounds good to me, just not campfire only.

I found two other things, i cant upgrade steel blocks to titanium, i have forged titanium in inventory but it doesnt use it, it even shows missing forged titantium.

I have master scientist but i still cant craft biofuel. Is there a blueprint for it?

Thanks for the nice mod, you do a great job!

Upgrading to titanium needs the titanium clawhammer.

Biofuel is... my bad. 2 character typo so it wasn't unlocking the recipe. Whoops. :D

Indeed, no idea how I managed that, mad skills!

Re-downloaded and now it's on 18.2b5. Using that to prep a server and custom map for when your next update hits, looking good!

If there is one thing I would change it would be the hud, less thick border panel in favor of a more sleek clear look, especially the large thick bordered day indicator at the top, it's very in your face hanging there.

These are just observations, it's your mod so you can do as you like, obviously, just providing some feedback.

I love the hell gate style portals, will have to think of some cool places on the map to put those, I have a central city in a volcanic crater I could make a harder rad city with these hell-spawns :smile-new:

Awesome!

Honestly, i'm seriously considering saving up and paying someone to re-do the UI for me, because I can't art.

Unless you want stick men. Then we good. :D

Tried this mod last night and what i saw was fantastic, however I was limited to short 1/2 hour sessions due to lack of controller support, would be fantastic if it could be added in at some point, I crushed my hand when I was younger and can’t last on a keyboard for more than a short while, I know it’s not a priority but I thought I’d mention it

Ok, so I THINK what you have to do is add the launcher to steam as a non-steam game in order to enable controller functionality.

If you manually installed the mod, then I think you need to add the non-EAC exe file to steam in the same way. :)

Yeah i tried to increase heat for DFAdvForge but it didn't work,because they are even smelting materials but they are not even on.So i just increased heat for normal forge from 6 to 36,and it did work for me.

Also I saw your's and many others post on A18.3 about performance and i just rushed to try it,but it kinda backward for me.On A18.2 i can get 90+ fps and on A18.3,same setting i can get barely 45-50 fps,maybe it's another AMD thing.

Ugh, that's annoying that AMD users are still having issues. I'll still be including sphereii's legacy distant terrain mod anyways when I update to 18.3.

Ah, well that's sad :( - Hopefully they'll fix whatever the issue is in the new update

I'm gonna look into it myself. I have a theory on why it's not working. :)

I'm experiencing a weird bug in my current DF game for 18.2, and it's driving me nuts. I set up a solar bank, which feeds a battery bank, then another battery bank, then wires down to a switch. The switch is connected to lights in my base at the moment. When I first set it all up, which happened to be at night, everything worked great. The switch turned the lights on and off. Morning came, I could hear the thrum of the solar panels charging up, and so I logged out thinking I'd gotten everything set up how I wanted.

Cut to later, when I log back in. The switch and lights now only work when the sun is up, the battery banks are completely ignored. They are both full of batteries, and are obviously wired correctly since they are in series - the electricity couldn't reach the switch if it wasn't connecting through the battery bank terminals. It's like those battery banks just became glorified relays. So, now I have a base that I can't light at night, you know when I kinda need the light and such. Heh.

Any thoughts on what may be wrong? I've tried unwiring everything, wiring just a battery bank to the switch, etc. Those banks just don't seem to be working properly at all.

Having an issue with the DF mod. was playing fine yesterday. One of the people in our discord said there was a DF update and we would ned to reinstall the mod. so when I got home I deleted old mod ran mod launcher with no issues now when mod launches I have no text inside boxes on load screen once it switches from regular to DF load screen.

Please help. I have uninstalled the entire game 5 times now on steam and made a copy in a separate folder to mod. nothing has worked. its loading 18.2(b5)

please help.

I'm experiencing a weird bug in my current DF game for 18.2, and it's driving me nuts. I set up a solar bank, which feeds a battery bank, then another battery bank, then wires down to a switch. The switch is connected to lights in my base at the moment. When I first set it all up, which happened to be at night, everything worked great. The switch turned the lights on and off. Morning came, I could hear the thrum of the solar panels charging up, and so I logged out thinking I'd gotten everything set up how I wanted.

Cut to later, when I log back in. The switch and lights now only work when the sun is up, the battery banks are completely ignored. They are both full of batteries, and are obviously wired correctly since they are in series - the electricity couldn't reach the switch if it wasn't connecting through the battery bank terminals. It's like those battery banks just became glorified relays. So, now I have a base that I can't light at night, you know when I kinda need the light and such. Heh.

Any thoughts on what may be wrong? I've tried unwiring everything, wiring just a battery bank to the switch, etc. Those banks just don't seem to be working properly at all.

I'll have to mess around with it and see what I can work out, but I haven't touched battery banks/solar panels so I'm going to assume it's likely a vanilla issue... somehow.

Having an issue with the DF mod. was playing fine yesterday. One of the people in our discord said there was a DF update and we would ned to reinstall the mod. so when I got home I deleted old mod ran mod launcher with no issues now when mod launches I have no text inside boxes on load screen once it switches from regular to DF load screen.

Please help. I have uninstalled the entire game 5 times now on steam and made a copy in a separate folder to mod. nothing has worked. its loading 18.2(b5)

please help.

Someone in the discord was having the exact same problem. What it was doing is downloading 18.3 and then applying the 18.2 mod to it.

Make sure you get steam to download a completely vanilla 18.2, and then have the mod launcher clone that folder. I believe that's in options somewhere. :)

It's definitely there.

<recipe name="resourceForgedSteel" count="1" craft_area="advforge" craft_tool="toolForgeCrucible" material_based="true" tags="learnable">
<ingredient name="unit_iron" count="20"/>
<ingredient name="unit_clay" count="10"/>
</recipe>

It is in there but look:

Steel.jpg.399792549c6b61812a5220d40498995c.jpg

and the other recipe is locked:

1823285319_Steel2.jpg.0fed869c4dc06a6c7ed68d163314468b.jpg

Edited by Bhaaltazar (see edit history)