Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Is there a way to spawn in a new trader? Playing on the DFalls small map and the initial trader quest that leads you to the first trader has an unresponsive trader. He's standing there, but you can't interact with him in any way except to hit him. Can I kill this one and a new one will spawn in?

Edit: And criminey, Khaine, you are one busy guy. Just seeing how often you reply to posts here. Pretty amazing involvement with the community. Kudos.

Edited by Likasil (see edit history)

@ KhaineGB

I don't post much, wanted to give thanks for the mod. I've been playing it on this latest run.

Glad folks are enjoying it. :)

Guys, i dunno if it's a bug or what, but i can't craft a forge, even if i read the book.

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/51/1/1576532414-2019-12-16-22h37-41.jpg

Either you're missing one of the crafting skills (Tool Crafting 1 for level 1, Tool Crafting 2 for level 2) or you're a laborer and you get it through Hammer and Forge instead.

Currently working on adding all that info directly to the perk. It should end up looking something like this.

7_Days_To_Die-22-20-50-15-12.jpg

Is there a way to spawn in a new trader? Playing on the DFalls small map and the initial trader quest that leads you to the first trader has an unresponsive trader. He's standing there, but you can't interact with him in any way except to hit him. Can I kill this one and a new one will spawn in?

Edit: And criminey, Khaine, you are one busy guy. Just seeing how often you reply to posts here. Pretty amazing involvement with the community. Kudos.

Log out and back in and it SHOULD fix the trader. I have no idea why that's a bug.

Or you can just shoot him in the face. They respawn naturally after a few in-game hours. :)

And I do try to reply to folks. On that note, I do want to apologise if I come across in a bad way. Currently working on the mod a lot so I end up very tired, and then I just give very blunt answers when I don't actually intend to.

Log out and back in and it SHOULD fix the trader. I have no idea why that's a bug.

Or you can just shoot him in the face. They respawn naturally after a few in-game hours.

Is this the ACTUAL Trader (Joel, Rekt, Jen, etc.) or the Guard Captain? Cause I've had a similar issue with the GC, he got killed by Zeds and respawned (i think) the same night.

Also for DFallsMedium3 map, two of those GCs spawned right beside each other, this is my first time playing it so I'm not sure if that's a bug. I could accept a quest from either, but nullifies the ability to accept a quest from the other.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication to this mod btw! It's tons better than the vanilla game, imo.

Edit: Forgot to ask, but to update do I just redownload the whole zip and overwrite the files once more?

Works for either the trader or GC. Both have a respawn mechanic. :) I AM going to look into it at some point but I have no idea why it's being a pain.

And the double spawn is also a known bug. I need to investigate that some more.

Yep, just grab the zip and overwrite to update. :)

Is this the ACTUAL Trader (Joel, Rekt, Jen, etc.) or the Guard Captain? Cause I've had a similar issue with the GC, he got killed by Zeds and respawned (i think) the same night.

It's the actual trader. Logging out and back in fixed it. Don't know why I didn't think of trying that myself. Aaah well. Sometimes it takes others to point out the most obvious possible solution.

L.

Hi Khaine,

Because of the "glancing blow swing mechanic" hitting the guard. I decided to kill all the guards and move them slightly further out as I filled in that area with blocks. (initial design was too far our for them to hit). However, after I spawn in the guards, they all despawn when I reload or move out of the area.

Is there a way for me to anchor them in their new spots? or am I starting over?

Also, out of curiosity, same scenario, but my hit points are at 110ish rather than 150. is this wellness? and where do I see wellness on my character as I couldn't spot it in the character sheet. And how does it work? How many wellness food points do I need to get it back up to the 150?

This is really great mod that made me play this game like the first time even after 2k hours in Vanilla, thanks! I have some questions.

1) I guess there is two types of bunkers: one in a well and second under some tents. Where can I find bigger one at Dfalls-Small3? I've spent about 3 hours to find it with the help of my helicopter, explored radioactive zone in the middle inside and out, but didn't find anything that looks like tents. I cannot afford to spend THAT much time to search for a needle in a haystick, can someone share XY position?

2) Is there anything wrong with archer companions? They constantly disappear without any reason.

3) Health hut perk seems to be broken. 5/5 and my max HP is still 100. The only way to increase health pool is to eat a ♥♥♥♥ton of food, however I can raise HP up to 180 (didn't test if I can do more).

4) I'd prefer SMXhud, how can I change it? Adding a modlet doesn't bring result.

Sorry if this is redundant, I am trying to join my sons game via the internet. when I do, during the loading process I get

XMLLoader:loading and parsing failed

Exception: Item with name 'bookrangerarrowrecover' not found. Is there a trick to get by this?

I just get a steady stream of this line... Can't get out other than kill the game via windows. I am using mods. Can I alter some file just to get it to load?

Thank you,

me

Hello again, I am getting a red message that is stopping the game. the ESC key and the F1 key only cause the red message to renew. all other F keys do nothing. The message i am getting is:

Invalid Cast Exception: Specified Cast is not Valid.

I am running 2 modlets in addition to the ones that come with the game. They are the JaxTeller zombie reach modlet and the Donavan 2 perk points per lvl. Not running the Sorcery Mod.

I have restarted the game 3 times, but the exception starts with it. might the POI he was in, going to start a new game and see

Hi Khaine,

Because of the "glancing blow swing mechanic" hitting the guard. I decided to kill all the guards and move them slightly further out as I filled in that area with blocks. (initial design was too far our for them to hit). However, after I spawn in the guards, they all despawn when I reload or move out of the area.

Is there a way for me to anchor them in their new spots? or am I starting over?

Also, out of curiosity, same scenario, but my hit points are at 110ish rather than 150. is this wellness? and where do I see wellness on my character as I couldn't spot it in the character sheet. And how does it work? How many wellness food points do I need to get it back up to the 150?

When you spawn the guards with the F6 menu, make sure you have "From Static Spawner" selected. Dynamic Spawner is the default, but that doesn't save the entity info on the map. Static spawner does. :)

This is really great mod that made me play this game like the first time even after 2k hours in Vanilla, thanks! I have some questions.

1) I guess there is two types of bunkers: one in a well and second under some tents. Where can I find bigger one at Dfalls-Small3? I've spent about 3 hours to find it with the help of my helicopter, explored radioactive zone in the middle inside and out, but didn't find anything that looks like tents. I cannot afford to spend THAT much time to search for a needle in a haystick, can someone share XY position?

2) Is there anything wrong with archer companions? They constantly disappear without any reason.

3) Health hut perk seems to be broken. 5/5 and my max HP is still 100. The only way to increase health pool is to eat a ♥♥♥♥ton of food, however I can raise HP up to 180 (didn't test if I can do more).

4) I'd prefer SMXhud, how can I change it? Adding a modlet doesn't bring result.

1) It's in the wasteland. You can look in the prefabs.xml file for it if you really want to.

2) Was pretty sure that was fixed, but i'll look into it.

3) It works fine for me. It adds 10 wellness every time you take it. So if you had already lost wellness prior to taking it, then that's why.

4) You can't. I've edited too much stuff for it to be compatible.

Sorry if this is redundant, I am trying to join my sons game via the internet. when I do, during the loading process I get

Exception: Item with name 'bookrangerarrowrecover' not found. Is there a trick to get by this?

I just get a steady stream of this line... Can't get out other than kill the game via windows. I am using mods. Can I alter some file just to get it to load?

Thank you,

me

Check and see if the mod works in SP. Something isn't installed correctly, either on your side or the server side. Launching in SP will help work out which one is the issue. :)

Hello again, I am getting a red message that is stopping the game. the ESC key and the F1 key only cause the red message to renew. all other F keys do nothing. The message i am getting is:

Invalid Cast Exception: Specified Cast is not Valid.

I am running 2 modlets in addition to the ones that come with the game. They are the JaxTeller zombie reach modlet and the Donavan 2 perk points per lvl. Not running the Sorcery Mod.

I have restarted the game 3 times, but the exception starts with it. might the POI he was in, going to start a new game and see

That sounds like the door problem I was trying to fix. Unfortunately the only way to stop it is a new world, because I haven't been able to actually find and reproduce the problem... it just works fine for me, but i've had like 2 or 3 users have the same issues and they said a new save fixed it.

Thank you,

me

Not an expert but do the following after MAKING A BACKUP OF YOUR FILES (just copy the whole folder, to your desktop, check if any copied files are missing):

1. Redownload the zip and extract the 3 folders once more, overwrite everything that asks you to overwrite.

2. If 1 doesn't work, delete the mods file and extract the DarknessFalls Mods folder. (Basically delete all that doesn't go with Darkness Falls.)

3. Go to where the game is located, right-click the 7dayslauncher, run as admin, turn off Easy Anti Cheat, Run (or Run & Save as default so you could just click Play on Steam)

If those don't work then I got nothing else. :(

Hey, I seem to be having trouble adding my own icons while using the mod (while using it through the mod launcher). I'm not entirely certain what the issue is. I've edited the pictures to be PNG 116x80 and put them in ItemIcons folders for both the Darkness Falls mod and the base game in my steam files, yet I still just see emptiness instead of the icons. Anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Edit: Disregard. I figured it out. There's yet another folder that has icons lol. For anyone else that runs into this, the path is C drive -> 7D2D -> Alpha 18 -> Darkness_Falls -> - DF_Experimental -> Mods -> DarknessFalls -> UIAtlases -> ItemIconAtlases

Edited by Lerrasien
Solved Issue Myself (see edit history)

We are running a Nitro map with Darkness Falls but we have a specific biome selection (Snow in the north, desert in the south, greenland in between, water all around).

I had to use the DF prefab list to get in those buildiings but it works and no issues.

I'm having an issue with the Traders. I started a new game and now I can't talk to them. I can still talk to the Guard Captains, and every now and then when I spawn a Trader in through the console, I can talk to them, but I can't even always talk to them, either... Does anyone know what might be causing this..? I haven't done anything to the trader files...

I'm having an issue with the Traders. I started a new game and now I can't talk to them. I can still talk to the Guard Captains, and every now and then when I spawn a Trader in through the console, I can talk to them, but I can't even always talk to them, either... Does anyone know what might be causing this..? I haven't done anything to the trader files...

It's a bug in the mod i'm currently trying to fix.

Absolutely no idea why it happens. It's like... because there isn't a trader area, it turns off the trader functionality.

If you log out and back in (or reboot the server if on a server) then it fixes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry my bad english! One question. Where is the pregen map is this modpack? Where the download link? Discord server? Or other link this pre build map? If i generate nitro map gen software, the unique biomes is correct gen, or trying the rwg?

Maps are included in the downloads already.

They're in Data/Worlds.

Ah, okay. Thank you for the reply. Hopefully it can be fixed. I guess I get why the game freaks out, since technically they aren't in a trader area. But I think I've spawned them in non trader areas when I played vanilla in 17 and didn't get the issue. Maybe it's an A18 thing.

hello KhaineGB good work on a18 version! :D just got back to 7d2d and this is perfect way to jump into modded again! :D

is it possible for me to swap to smx HUD instead of yours? or is it imposible =)

kinda like smx layout better =), but like your modpack in general =)

Edited by zymex
mistake (see edit history)