Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I got the logic server with DF on it, then installed the mod with the 7D2D mod launcher to get it on my game. Everything completed and I am getting an error-attached in the link. Any ideas? 

Edit: Disregard. I got it working. Thanks bunches Khain! We will be sending a donation soon. Take care and God bless😄

Edited by Zakarot (see edit history)

Yeah, started new game on small map 1, and yep, that is the correct darkness falls experience. I like the way that map is set up, it's very intelligent. Also started by putting as few points in crafting skills and buying them from the traders, and it does make the game a little harder. Not sure if that is just my play style or if those skills are needed. Still digging the increased trader usefulness, because holy crap does it make doing missions for them worth it. not just for the recipes you can buy, but also the ability to buy master level perks. 

1. Does high tech end game content appear in RWG maps on 19.3? I heard these bunkers only generate in pre set maps

2. What's with the fireballs of demonic zombies? They seem to have an insane radius being able to set you on fire even if it hits a thick wall of concrete infront of you (which you should be hidden behind), making fighting indoors practically useless unless you rush at them with the sledge. I can't grasp how they can set you on fire through walls even if you are 5 blocks distanced away from a barricade they hit. It's especially noticeable in the military bunkers with the stairs leading down to a garage. I run away from them after they awaken, a good chunk of a distance away from them on the stairs and safe with no line of sight. Their fireballs hit the thick concrete roof of the garage and I'am on fire. Is this intentional? 

Hi Khaine, back again. I've tried doing what you've told me to, still ain't working. I have set it to the corresponding ram which is 8 = 12288, did a research and it should be suffice for me to play 7dtd darkness falls mod. I did everything: set up clear virtual memory file clear upon shutdown. I completely wipe the game clean on my PC double check folders specially on appdata and installed a new one using steam. Still to no avail, I hope this is not much of a nuisance on your part. I REALLY REALLY WANT TO PLAY THE MOD. Vanilla is not enough to quench my bloodthirst anymore.

16 hours ago, DominionZA said:

1. Does high tech end game content appear in RWG maps on 19.3? I heard these bunkers only generate in pre set maps

2. What's with the fireballs of demonic zombies? They seem to have an insane radius being able to set you on fire even if it hits a thick wall of concrete infront of you (which you should be hidden behind), making fighting indoors practically useless unless you rush at them with the sledge. I can't grasp how they can set you on fire through walls even if you are 5 blocks distanced away from a barricade they hit. It's especially noticeable in the military bunkers with the stairs leading down to a garage. I run away from them after they awaken, a good chunk of a distance away from them on the stairs and safe with no line of sight. Their fireballs hit the thick concrete roof of the garage and I'am on fire. Is this intentional? 

1) It SHOULD. In testing 10 maps, I only had 1 that didn't have everything. Larger map = better chance.
2) Because their weapons put the fire debuff on you at point of impact. "Normal" demons havea block range of 10 from point of impact. Succubus/Incubus is 30.

Yes it's intentional. They're not supposed to be easy to deal with.

8 hours ago, MarshallCross said:

Hi Khaine, back again. I've tried doing what you've told me to, still ain't working. I have set it to the corresponding ram which is 8 = 12288, did a research and it should be suffice for me to play 7dtd darkness falls mod. I did everything: set up clear virtual memory file clear upon shutdown. I completely wipe the game clean on my PC double check folders specially on appdata and installed a new one using steam. Still to no avail, I hope this is not much of a nuisance on your part. I REALLY REALLY WANT TO PLAY THE MOD. Vanilla is not enough to quench my bloodthirst anymore.

So, on my system, I set a MINIMUM of 10GB and a MAXIMUM of 30GB... with 32GB of RAM.

That fixed the unity crash issue.

38 minutes ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Are there plans for the guard captians to be their own faction? will caitlyn also sell perks if you get a high affinity with her? 

Guard captain is currently slated for removal.

Caitlin is going to get worked on later.

Have a question regarding this mod as it and the base game move forward. How do we go about updating it and keeping our progress when playing through the 7 DtD Mod Launcher? I like DF quite a lot, but can't see myself wanting to grind my LBD skills all the way up to their current 50 hour+ playtime my world currently has. In vanilla you can just use the console to get your level back through cheating in XP, but the LBD system of old still has skills gated and closed with extra requirements needed for some progression.

If I'm merely able to pre-sync the mod via the launcher, no problem. When 19.4 drops and this mod gets updated, should my save still work? Would I need to re-download the newer 19.4 compatible DF though the launcher and re-add my world / save files? I've no idea, usually wait for the last patch to drop before playing mods, but that's hard with 7 Days to know which'll be last.

Any help appreciated, and thanks for the mod.

11 hours ago, SeekerOS said:

Have a question regarding this mod as it and the base game move forward. How do we go about updating it and keeping our progress when playing through the 7 DtD Mod Launcher? I like DF quite a lot, but can't see myself wanting to grind my LBD skills all the way up to their current 50 hour+ playtime my world currently has. In vanilla you can just use the console to get your level back through cheating in XP, but the LBD system of old still has skills gated and closed with extra requirements needed for some progression.

If I'm merely able to pre-sync the mod via the launcher, no problem. When 19.4 drops and this mod gets updated, should my save still work? Would I need to re-download the newer 19.4 compatible DF though the launcher and re-add my world / save files? I've no idea, usually wait for the last patch to drop before playing mods, but that's hard with 7 Days to know which'll be last.

Any help appreciated, and thanks for the mod.

I actually dont use the launcher.

BUT, I think what you would need to do, when 19.4 comes out, is backup your directory for the 19.3 version, download 19.4, download the 19.4 version of the mod and then I THINK you can copy your save file back over.

Failing that, there's books in creative that give 2 skill points to the LBD skills per read. (you can actually find these in loot in-game too)

5 hours ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Is it me, or is the flame thrower kinda useless? it does not do a lot of damage, and at higher gamestage it is just not effective, even with mods. is there a way to use it that i am not aware of? Personally since we have radioactive elements in the game i would rather see it get replaced with a fat man launcher....

Flamethrower has been adjusted for the 19.4 version.

- Slightly increased flamethrower base damage.
- Flamethrower base damage and reload speed should now be properly affected by the demolitions expert perk.

15 hours ago, SeekerOS said:

Have a question regarding this mod as it and the base game move forward. How do we go about updating it and keeping our progress when playing through the 7 DtD Mod Launcher?

Old computer rule "Never change a running system !" 🙂

19.4 won't have that much changes, DF maybe just get adjusted to work for 19.4 and DF use old version files anyway that the trouble you might have to backup your files before you update isn't worth it.

If you don't encounter some problem's i never suggest to update anything, just because there are updates.

With A20 many things change, even with DF but then you need to create a new world anyway.

@KhaineGB I have come across a few such books, just one the other day that added to bladed weapons skill, so thanks for confirming that bit. 

@Canute Not having any issues with the launcher, it works very well for me. Was more asking if save compatibility would be an issue, but I'll just stay with the current version. Maybe restart later if my character feels too OP. I'm a bit overkill on backing things up, so save and copy my data each time I'm done with a session of 7 Days.

Alrighty, thanks for the info from you both.

Howdy again,

When exploring the edge of the map, the world comes to a literal cliff into nothingness. I am able to walk around on nothing and under the world until being glitched back on top. Is this supposed to happen? Way to fix it? Appreciate the time put into this mod. It's loads better than the normal game.

That's the edge of the world.

You're SUPPOSED to get hit with radiation before you get there (that the hazmat suit doesn't stop), but TFP broke something. So if you have PvP off, it doesn't work.

Congrats on finding the void. ;)

I am trying to update the starting pack with a 9mm gun and 30 rounds of ammo. I have this working by adding it to the startingItem, but the gun spawns at a random quality. How can I get the gun to spawn as a level 1 gun instead of something level 11, 21, etc? 

Good Day  KhaineGB

I don't Know if anyone has report this error yet or not .. But there is an Exception error (Red) when the DF load.

I went hunting for it and it is in the O-DarknessFalls Core folder under Config .. Lines 4522 - 4549 issue .. has to do with "ModRadiationReady" items.  (But the game or mod does put them into the CM inventory .. last page, bottom)

Thought you should know if not reported yet .. Have a good week and as Always Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

PS: Edit .. It does it with your maps and my maps .. I checked it with both ... Latest version of Game 19.3 stable and Mod 3.3a

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2021.03.01 - 17.01.16.45 (3).png

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

8 hours ago, AudioDaddio said:

I am trying to update the starting pack with a 9mm gun and 30 rounds of ammo. I have this working by adding it to the startingItem, but the gun spawns at a random quality. How can I get the gun to spawn as a level 1 gun instead of something level 11, 21, etc? 

What i'd do is make it a quest reward, as that allows you  to specify tiers. So add this to loot.xml...

<lootgroup name="StarterPistol" count="all" loot_quality_template="qualQuestFixed15NRE">
			<item name="gunHandgunT1Pistol" mods="dye" mod_chance="0"/>
		</lootgroup>

And then add this to quest_BasicSurvival1

<reward type="LootItem" id="StarterPistol" ischosen="false" isfixed="true" value="16" />

And you can just put the bullets on the starter item. That'd give the player a 15 quality pistol after completing the first quest.

6 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good Day  KhaineGB

I don't Know if anyone has report this error yet or not .. But there is an Exception error (Red) when the DF load.

I went hunting for it and it is in the O-DarknessFalls Core folder under Config .. Lines 4522 - 4549 issue .. has to do with "ModRadiationReady" items.  (But the game or mod does put them into the CM inventory .. last page, bottom)

Thought you should know if not reported yet .. Have a good week and as Always Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

PS: Edit .. It does it with your maps and my maps .. I checked it with both ... Latest version of Game 19.3 stable and Mod 3.3a

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2021.03.01 - 17.01.16.45 (3).png

Haven't seen anyone else with the issue and it's working ok for me.