Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Ive played around with the save files and somehow got it to work. haha. anyway, even after downgrading to a smaller map( to save ram), the game is still lagging. zombies are teleporting and freezing around. pingperfect shows that im only using  percent of the ram. anybody knows why?

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Don't play insane? 😛 One lower is about 2x gamestage.

I just like the damage the zombies do to you on insane,One mistake and you are dead.I did some research on it,but look like in vanilla A19 game stage don't depend on game difficulty as compared to darkness Falls,Look like some coding done here which is out of my reach.

Anyways I just love and appreciate your's work on Darkness Falls.

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, Nauman Marwat said:

I just like the damage the zombies do to you on insane,One mistake and you are dead.I did some research on it,but look like in vanilla A19 game stage don't depend on game difficulty as compared to darkness Falls,Look like some coding done here which is out of my reach.

Anyways I just love and appreciate your's work on Darkness Falls.

Thanks.

Pretty sure it's in buffs.xml. Search for GameStage.

10 minutes ago, Petite said:

@KhaineGB If you want? I know the large lab is currently hooked up as a T5 fetch quest.

What it is?

Yep. Someone in the discord got it as a fetch quest.

Good Day KhaineGB

Now .. I have a question I know about .. F1 and F6 when using DM .. the question is .. HOW Do I keep the NPC in the game when I turn Off debug mode or exit game.
There is a way and I have forgotten it being a 74 yr old gamer (I'm playing DF and I killed a couple guards at the trader and trying to replace them, but can not seem to keep them in the game after exiting) .
Thank you and Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

PS: You told me once awhile back, but I lost the notes and can not find the page again.

Me again.

I have been attempting to edit the stacknumber of some stuff in the game like ammo... 
When I edit them and hit save, I reopen them to make sure the changes have saved which they have. 
However, once I restart the server and load into the game It reverted back to default. 

What I am doing wrong?

I tried in Data/config which appears to not be the folder
then Saved/world/DFalls-Large1/NameOfTheMap/configsDump and same result.

OMG FORGET THAT I found it. For the one that have same problem there where is the damn file to change lol /Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Config/

Edited by Petite (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, Petite said:

Me again.

I have been attempting to edit the stacknumber of some stuff in the game like ammo... 
When I edit them and hit save, I reopen them to make sure the changes have saved which they have. 
However, once I restart the server and load into the game It reverted back to default. 

What I am doing wrong?

I tried in Data/config which appears to not be the folder
then Saved/world/DFalls-Large1/NameOfTheMap/configsDump and same result.

OMG FORGET THAT I found it. For the one that have same problem there where is the damn file to change lol /Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Config/

Yep, need to edit the ones in 0-DarknessFallsCore. ;)

21 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Thank You KhaineGB .. That did the trick and this time .. I stuck to the computer desk, so I won't lose it again. As Always .. Take Care and Be Safe .. 😌

Awesome! Glad that sorted it :)

Hi.  I am running 3.2A on 19.2.  I have seen on videos where there is a bonus perk for unlocking all classes, but I cannot find this anywhere in skills.  Was this removed in a prev version?  Any reason to unlock all classes in my version?

EDIT: found it.  The Completionist.  Wow thats a long way off.  Sry for the time waste

Edited by SideShow_Bob
Found it (see edit history)

I noticed that when in the wasteland zone, when my anti-rad pill wears off, I get radiated and also get a bleed condition. I use another anti-rad pill, but the bleed condition doesn't go away. I had to use a bandage to stop bleeding. Is this intended or a bug? I don't recall this happening in V3.2.

2 hours ago, roger said:

I saw that there are some hireable npc. anybody knows where to find them or how they look like? dont want to kill them by accident

AI was broken so they are temporarily disabled. I plan for them to return in A20.

1 hour ago, Mirar said:

is it normal that miner 69er doesnt work on stone tools?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Raheal said:

I noticed that when in the wasteland zone, when my anti-rad pill wears off, I get radiated and also get a bleed condition. I use another anti-rad pill, but the bleed condition doesn't go away. I had to use a bandage to stop bleeding. Is this intended or a bug? I don't recall this happening in V3.2.

The radiation is normal. The bleeding is not. I'll have to have a look at that and see what's going on.

Hey! Me and my friends are excited to try this mod out.  This is my first time dealing with mods on any game and xml files and what not. I think I am understanding it. I have my own nitrado server, and when I drag and drop the mod files into the server files through filezilla it seems to not work. I can load into the world, but the HUD and skills, are normal. I can tell some things have changed because there are different blocks and such. Any advice? Thanks

Edit: Grammar and clarification 

Edited by Zakarot (see edit history)

I have installed this off the 7D2D Mod Launcher. I launch the game and it gets as far as where the main menu should load, but it opens the console and just sits there. The only line of red text i can see is "IndexOutOfRangeException". I have reinstalled twice. Any help is appreciated. I really wanna play this.

Addition: I have now dowloaded the mod files directly from the forum and replaced as necessary. Still same issue.

Edited by Tylocaust (see edit history)

Is there a recommended place to rent a server from you? We want to eliminate the fact that the host has to be online in order for the rest to play. Is there a place where it is easy to get the DF mod on the server? I have seen a couple website, but do not want to spend any more money unless I know how and if the mod will work there. We are super excited, just trying to figure it out. Thanks again!

Edited by Zakarot (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Tylocaust said:

I have installed this off the 7D2D Mod Launcher. I launch the game and it gets as far as where the main menu should load, but it opens the console and just sits there. The only line of red text i can see is "IndexOutOfRangeException". I have reinstalled twice. Any help is appreciated. I really wanna play this.

Addition: I have now dowloaded the mod files directly from the forum and replaced as necessary. Still same issue.

I would need the log, but make sure you're patching 19.3, not 19.2 or 19.4 experimental.

Just now, Zakarot said:

Is there a recommended place to rent a server from you? We want to eliminate the fact that the host has to be online in order for the rest to play. Is there a place where it is easy to get the DF mod on the server? I have seen a couple website, but do not want to spend any more money unless I know how and if the mod will work there. We are super excited, just trying to figure it out. Thanks again? 

Other users have told me that Bluefang and Logic both seem very good. :)

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

The radiation is normal. The bleeding is not. I'll have to have a look at that and see what's going on.

I checked with others on the server, and they weren't getting the radiation and bleeding damage effect, just radiation. One thing I just thought of tonight while going through gear is that I do have the armor mod in my chest armor that causes bleeding to anyone that attacks me. Could that be triggering the bleed effect on me when the rad damage happens from the wasteland zone?

That... is a good shout. It might be.

I can change that so it has to pick a specific tag.

Go into item_modifiers.xml (in mods/0-darknessfallscore/config) and find modArmorSpikes. Replace it with this.

<item_modifier name="modArmorSpikes" installable_tags="armorChest" modifier_tags="ammo" blocked_tags="noMods" type="attachment">
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceNail" />
			<property name="DescriptionKey" value="modArmorSpikesDesc"/>
			<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkCraftScience"/>
			<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/> <property name="Group" value="Mods"/>
			<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>

<effect_group tiered="false">
				<triggered_effect trigger="onOtherDamagedSelf" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryBleedingArmorSpikes">
					<requirement name="!EntityTagCompare" tags="player"/>
				</triggered_effect>
			</effect_group>
			<property name="PickupJournalEntry" value="augmentGunsTip"/>
		</item_modifier>

See if that helps.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That... is a good shout. It might be.

I can change that so it has to pick a specific tag.

Go into item_modifiers.xml (in mods/0-darknessfallscore/config) and find modArmorSpikes. Replace it with this.

<item_modifier name="modArmorSpikes" installable_tags="armorChest" modifier_tags="ammo" blocked_tags="noMods" type="attachment">
			<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourceNail" />
			<property name="DescriptionKey" value="modArmorSpikesDesc"/>
			<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkCraftScience"/>
			<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/> <property name="Group" value="Mods"/>
			<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>

<effect_group tiered="false">
				<triggered_effect trigger="onOtherDamagedSelf" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryBleedingArmorSpikes">
					<requirement name="!EntityTagCompare" tags="player"/>
				</triggered_effect>
			</effect_group>
			<property name="PickupJournalEntry" value="augmentGunsTip"/>
		</item_modifier>

See if that helps.

Two questions:

1) We play on a dedicated server. Do I make this change on server, client, or both locations?

2) The PickupJournalEntry with augmentGunsTip doesn't seem appropriate. Is that possibly a copy/paste error?

I will try to view the buff message and remove the mod to try to validate that it is what is causing the issue, and also validate the xml change resolves it.