Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

This mod was a bit easy and the end game pretty quick to achieve. My brother and I went to level 125 when we cleared the laboratory in the bunker. So I guess the game was over after that. We didn't need a big base to protect ourself, we were killing the zombie at night with saber laser and coilgun rifle. My brother didn't die once in the whole adventure and I died 3 times on stupid mistake. The main problem I see here is the game stage being to slow. We should have had more pressure right in the beginning. It was easy to not die at day 7. We could have skip many steps and finish this mod 10 or 20 level before. I think demon should appear in the game much quicker.

Greetings. My spouse and I love this mod. We have games on both Medium1 and VSmall1. I adore exploring new POIs. The one POI that I haven't been able to find is that crazy loot filled Retirement Village. I saw it in one of Games4Kickz (Vsmall2) videos and want to show to my husband because that POI is insane (and bask in its loot-filled glory). Only I can't find the darn thing. Can someone share the file name for it or the coordinates for it on either one or both of the maps that I am using? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Is there a way to find out the actual gamestage?

I can't remember the key off the top of my head, but you know the scoreboard thingy? That has your GS on it.

1 hour ago, Hastur said:

Greetings. My spouse and I love this mod. We have games on both Medium1 and VSmall1. I adore exploring new POIs. The one POI that I haven't been able to find is that crazy loot filled Retirement Village. I saw it in one of Games4Kickz (Vsmall2) videos and want to show to my husband because that POI is insane (and bask in its loot-filled glory). Only I can't find the darn thing. Can someone share the file name for it or the coordinates for it on either one or both of the maps that I am using? Thanks. 

That was removed in A19 due to the fact it was REALLY bad for performance.

Like my new laptop was going from 150 down to like... 30-ish.

Been having fun playing this mod - cheers KhaineGB.

I do have a question or two about the endgame. I'll spoiler tag it:

Spoiler

I'm playing on the  M2 map. I've been to one military bunker in the burnt biome from a quest from Eve. She now won't give me any more jobs. Is that correct? I've also been and cleared all three research labs in the wastelands and have also destroyed the portal that's out in the open sorta south and to the west in the wastelands. Is there any more story progression, or have I sadly come to the end of this playthrough?

Thanks again for the cool mod :)

1 hour ago, haaammit said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm playing on the  M2 map. I've been to one military bunker in the burnt biome from a quest from Eve. She now won't give me any more jobs. Is that correct? I've also been and cleared all three research labs in the wastelands and have also destroyed the portal that's out in the open sorta south and to the west in the wastelands. Is there any more story progression, or have I sadly come to the end of this playthrough?

To kind of piggy back of this question a bit:

Spoiler

In terms of actually getting to the end game. Is there something that directs you towards it or do you just have to find Eve by chance? Same with the labs that haaammit mentioned, is there something that directs you to these locations or do you just have to find them by chance?

2 hours ago, haaammit said:

Hide contents

You're basically done at this point.

1 hour ago, Doomofman said:

To kind of piggy back of this question a bit:

Reveal hidden contents

In terms of actually getting to the end game. Is there something that directs you towards it or do you just have to find Eve by chance? Same with the labs that haaammit mentioned, is there something that directs you to these locations or do you just have to find them by chance?

Not yet. ;)

Hi there!

First of all, thanks a lot for making DF. My friends and I have been playing it for a few weeks now and it's just awesome.

I did something very very stupid and accidentally abandoned the third quest in the Security class quest line.

Is there any way I can get it back? I don't "own" the server we play in, so I don't know if any console commands I input would be valid.

I tried crafting a new class book, but can't use it. :(

Today Steam wants to upgrade 7DtD to A19.4. What needs to be done to keep DF working?

Also, in my solo game I can make level 61 tools, weapons, and guns but machete crafting is still level 51. Is this intended to push players to the titanium hunting knife?

42 minutes ago, Gelada89 said:

Hi there!

First of all, thanks a lot for making DF. My friends and I have been playing it for a few weeks now and it's just awesome.

I did something very very stupid and accidentally abandoned the third quest in the Security class quest line.

Is there any way I can get it back? I don't "own" the server we play in, so I don't know if any console commands I input would be valid.

I tried crafting a new class book, but can't use it. :(

The Server admins would need to make you a temp admin so you can get the quest back.

11 minutes ago, Stratagerm said:

Today Steam wants to upgrade 7DtD to A19.4. What needs to be done to keep DF working?

Also, in my solo game I can make level 61 tools, weapons, and guns but machete crafting is still level 51. Is this intended to push players to the titanium hunting knife?

Level 51+ is dependent on your CLASS. So check which class gives blades, I think it's scientist.

You wait for me to say DF is updated. 😛 Don't update your game yet.

And all my uploads are done, so Darkness Falls v3.4 is now released for A19.4 stable!

- Updated to A19.4b7.
- Tweaked Gotta Go Fast to see if it fixes the infinite stamina bug thingy.
- Halved how much Forged Titanium scraps into.
- Fixed how many coilbatteries you get from opening coilrounds (all types).
- Fixed AP/HP steel ammo not being craftable (Ammo Crafting 4, Yeah Science 3)
- Added wheat to the forest biome (new game or unexplored chunk required for this to work).
- Lowered Accelerated Healing from a 75% health regen cap to 50%. Now also only STARTS healing at lower than 50%.
- Intrinsic Immunity should now work a little better.
- Constant Heart Attacks from using the blood draw kit should no longer be a thing.
- Incubus is now tougher.
- Titanium blocks should now correctly show their explosion resistance.
- The Hunter item mod (and some others) can no longer be installed on tools as this was not intended.
- Black Sky should now disable demon regen.
- DEFINITELY fixed the car speed and it doesn't seem to make the world derp out.
- Lowered Quicker Crafting from 5%/level to 3%/level as the insta-craft bug was still a thing.
- Increased the chances of finding the Quicker Crafting and Lockpicking books in loot.

- Mastery books can no longer be sold by traders.
- Added the missing Asphalt recipe.
- Fixed the M60 (and other guns) not working properly with the brass catcher.
- Increased muscle car inventory size.
- Crowbar should now do additional damage to treasure chests.
- Fixed the missing Cryogrenade localization.
- Corrected the Quicker Crafting localization to match the adjusted perk.
- Corrected the Accelerated Healing localization to match the adjusted perk.
- Fixed incorrect Localization for the very first quest (End of the Road).
- Patched Vehicle Damage so it does more damage to zombies when you run them over.
- Changed the bunker textures.
- Bunker textures now use TormentedEmu's Texture Array mod for better performance.
- Hellwolf now does more damage.
- Fixed gas can not being unlocked by Grease Monkey when it was supposed to be.
- Fixed power hammer and plasma axe not being mentioned on Tech Crafting 2 for unlocks.
- Fixed pulse grenade not being mentioned on Tech Crafting 3 for unlocks.

- Slightly increased flamethrower base damage.
- Flamethrower base damage and reload speed should now be properly affected by the demolitions expert perk.
- Fixed duplicate dye on repair bug.
- Fixed missing description for Steroid side effect.
- T4 Sous Chef and Master Farmer food should now lower anemia effects.
- Fixed a bug with the Paramedic Kit not properly removing Animal Poison.
- Lowered volume of the main menu music file directly so it doesn't destroy ear drums.
- Changed turrets to use gun parts rather than complete guns.
- Added the "tier" of a mod to it's description so the player knows what science crafting level they need (no mod tier listed = likely a mastery or future tech)
- Gunpowder crafted in the Chem Station and Mortar and Pestle had costs lowered.
- Added gunpowder recipe that doesn't use either workstation but is expensive for emergency use.
- Added Gunpowder Bundle (which is cheaper than crafting gunpowder) to the scientist mastery.
- Very slightly lowered the stats on Jerky.
- Stealth Assassin reduces sound from jumping while crouched at level 3.
- Stealth Assassin stops sound from trash piles at level 5.
- Added JaWoodle Purple dye.

Client (Gitlab/Launcher Primary Download): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Gitlab/Launcher Primary Download): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

Client (Gitlab/Launcher Alternate Download): https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA19Client
Server (Gitlab/Launcher Alternate Download): https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/_git/DarknessFallsA19Server

Client (Gitlab Alternate Download 2): https://5.9.209.22/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a19-client/-/archive/master/darkness-falls-a19-client-master.zip
Server (Gitlab Alternate Download 2): https://5.9.209.22/KhaineGB/darkness-falls-a19-server/-/archive/master/darkness-falls-a19-server-master.zip

On 3/9/2021 at 4:19 PM, KhaineGB said:

Turn the difficulty settings up then. They adjust gamestage.

If you're already playing on insane and say that... 1) I don't believe you. 2) This definitely isn't the mod for you.

We were playing the regular difficulty the whole time. But I wasn't aware increasing difficulty would speed up the game stage. Thanks for the tips. We might increase it by one or two. Don't know, maybe you have a suggestion about that.

Did the Crowbar/Treasure change work properly? Tried it there and was still only doing around 100 a hit on it (so like 70 hits to open) pretty sure on safes etc it's more like 300/400 a hit

Everything else seems to be running smoothly though

Ok... so...

PERSONALLY, I haven't changed anything in the mod that would break a 19.3 save. So from my end, you should be fine.

HOWEVER, TFP always recommend a restart going between versions. So continuing the save is 100% at your own risk.