Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

11 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

You don't. It's a problem with trader protection being off. Just wait.

Thanks for replying. Sorry i dont understand what you mean. i prolly have to give more context. My friends and i are playing on a private server and we decided to spawn a trader at a town where there is an abandoned traitor joe. the trader that we spawned disappears sometimes, (Mostly when we all leave the base). The Guards are still there tho. And, we are unable to spawn a guard captain too. is there a way to fix this?

I did tweak it a little bit, yes

3 hours ago, roger said:

Thanks for replying. Sorry i dont understand what you mean. i prolly have to give more context. My friends and i are playing on a private server and we decided to spawn a trader at a town where there is an abandoned traitor joe. the trader that we spawned disappears sometimes, (Mostly when we all leave the base). The Guards are still there tho. And, we are unable to spawn a guard captain too. is there a way to fix this?

If you CHOSE to spawn a trader with commands, then there's nothing you can do about it.

Traders use spawn blocks so they'll respawn.

I see thanks. anyway, we are facing a bug where the game hangs randomly. all the zombie & player (except ownself) stops moving and items cannot be interacted with. players can still move but not reflected in each others screen. its as if the world stop

I attempted to join the DF discord server and have no option to agree to rules to see other channels.

Under rules there's emojis of thumbs up and cat face at the top and then in other section an A. 

I selected thumbs up nothing happened, same with others.

Anything I'm not noticing?

Edited by Picklefart (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Picklefart said:

I attempted to join the DF discord server and have no option to agree to rules to see other channels.

Under rules there's emojis of thumbs up and cat face at the top and then in other section an A.

Anything I'm not noticing?

You had to go to Rules and Information and read that (because it tells you what colour reaction to pick) and then pick the correct one in wilderness.

9 hours ago, DakotaJones73 said:

How much more health and damage do zombies get from going from adventure to nomad?

They don't. ONLY insane adjusts that, and it's zombies do double damage. Zombie health is the same.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:04 PM, AlyssaFaden said:

3) Suggestion: Trader Jenn's compound guards are aiming too high. I assume that they are turrets with a different model, so if this is the case their cone of site is set directly ahead of them. They will shoot at very very distant zombies, but not at anything even at medium range. I watched zombies at medium range jump up ... this got them into the cone of fire and were shot at, but when they stopped the jump or walked closer, guards just would not see them at all. I feel like the cones of fire need to be brought down a smidge.

We addressed this by building some small walls with barbed wire fencing that zombies could climb over. I think Jenn just has lazy and inattentive guards who are too cozy with the base's strong design. Getting the zombies up a meter or two a little ways out and making them pause for a moment to deal with the fence seems to get the guards' attention better.

Hello!

A group of us started a server using the Darkness Falls mod a.19.  I was able to log in after a few attempt for a couple day, occasionally the game freezing up at the creating character loading stage.  Now I can't join at all. Any idea on what the issue could be?  I can log into a normal server without mods no problem.  Thanks for your time!

37 minutes ago, Picklefart said:

This is all I see under rules and information

Screenshot_20210211-123537.png

And not seeing a wilderness section

Screenshot_20210211-123733.png

If you're in decayed, then you need to read the channel description for it.

32 minutes ago, Scypher said:

Hello!

A group of us started a server using the Darkness Falls mod a.19.  I was able to log in after a few attempt for a couple day, occasionally the game freezing up at the creating character loading stage.  Now I can't join at all. Any idea on what the issue could be?  I can log into a normal server without mods no problem.  Thanks for your time!

I legitimately don't know. For whatever reason, 19.3 is making servers run absolutely terrible and there's no reason for it. MOST people work ok, some don't. In most cases it's either corrupt chunks (for some reason) or not enough RAM.

31 minutes ago, Picklefart said:

Also noticed when you "open" a drink to pour it out for example with murky water you get dysentery.

(Not sure why it quoted the last message you sent me sry bout that it wouldnt let me delete the quote)

Huh. I'll need to look into that.

2 hours ago, Doomofman said:

How big is the download? I keep getting Network Errors on chrome during download, last one at over 2gb downloaded. How long did I have to go?

From gitlab:

4.6 GB Files

But gitlab archive the files. Then the final archive size would be something between 50%-90% of that 4.6GB.

If the browser get disconnects, you should try a download tool, my favoured are JDownloader2.

9 hours ago, Doomofman said:

How big is the download? I keep getting Network Errors on chrome during download, last one at over 2gb downloaded. How long did I have to go?

It's about 2.5gb to 3gb when compressed.

Try this link instead: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/DarknessFallsA19Client/_git/DarknessFallsA19Client

6 hours ago, ALT_Pain said:

ok i got it but now when i try joining it just says "Exception: Class 'BlockPlankGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster! ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing " failed

You're missing the Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore.dll file

On 2/12/2021 at 7:09 AM, KhaineGB said:

Well I can't do anything about it because, according to the server, you're not there.

So if you keep leaving/joining, you won't get fixed. If you're hiding in "offline" mode, you probably also won't get fixed.

I probably did hit the wrong option, I remember getting a DM from carlbot saying you don't have permission for that, discord doesn't like my phone much. I am still in the discord server though and not in offline mode. Just have different name in discord.

BobBuilder#3869

If it's to much trouble to fix it then no worries. 

Have a great day thanks for the awesome mod.

Edited by Picklefart (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Troyballs said:

Hey can anyone help or any suggestions.  I'm running into a problem with not finding any resources in the wasteland.  I have torn apart countless rocks and have found no titanium uranium or plutonium.

As someone already mentioned, mine UNDER the rocks. Basically you need to hit the gravel layer and look around.

19 hours ago, ALT_Pain said:

I checked to see if it was there an it was but it was still saying tht

Then it's a bad download. Try the azure link: https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/DarknessFallsA19Client/_git/DarknessFallsA19Client

For mod launcher users, the "Download from mirror" option should use the above link.

3 hours ago, Picklefart said:

I probably did hit the wrong option, I remember getting a DM from carlbot saying you don't have permission for that, discord doesn't like my phone much. I am still in the discord server though and not in offline mode. Just have different name in discord.

BobBuilder#3869

If it's to much trouble to fix it then no worries. 

Have a great day thanks for the awesome mod.

Got you. Fixed.

1 minute ago, Redarmy45 said:

I heard this mod has recruitabe NPCs,is that true or did i hear wrong? didnt see info on front page about it

It currently does NOT due to broken AI.