Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Steroids side effect is -10% melee damage. That localization is fixed in DF 3.4.

I noticed that this was indeed fixed to show the side effects in DF 3.4 as it happened to me last night. I also noticed that my inventory unencumbered slots went down a lot, too. Was this also intended to be a hidden side effect?

Gotta say I'm loving this mod overhaul, it's like a whole new game even after spending 1000+ hours in "vanilla" before it. That said, with this recent update if you do plan to carry over your 19.3 world MAKE A BACKUP! I post this having learned the hard way, as my POI base was partially reset (maybe due to a crash while loading after incorrectly updating as I got a ton of errors the first time?) and I lost a lot of my progression. Still worth it though, we shall rebuild!

35 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Pretty much, or literally right on the edge of it (a couple of maps spawned her right on the edge of snow so she's half in snow, half in forest)

Sweet, guess I'm going on a biome hunting expedition this evening. Not seen a hint of snow on my playthrough so far

53 minutes ago, Raheal said:

I noticed that this was indeed fixed to show the side effects in DF 3.4 as it happened to me last night. I also noticed that my inventory unencumbered slots went down a lot, too. Was this also intended to be a hidden side effect?

Huh. Definitely not intended. I may have to investigate that later.

27 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Gotta say I'm loving this mod overhaul, it's like a whole new game even after spending 1000+ hours in "vanilla" before it. That said, with this recent update if you do plan to carry over your 19.3 world MAKE A BACKUP! I post this having learned the hard way, as my POI base was partially reset (maybe due to a crash while loading after incorrectly updating as I got a ton of errors the first time?) and I lost a lot of my progression. Still worth it though, we shall rebuild!

Glad folks enjoy it. Unfortunately that's the problem going between game builds. TFP always recommend a restart. I just did my best to make sure that whatever I changed did NOT cause loss of progression (quests are really bad for this).

On 3/10/2021 at 12:17 AM, KhaineGB said:

That was removed in A19 due to the fact it was REALLY bad for performance.

Like my new laptop was going from 150 down to like... 30-ish.

Thank you for responding. I was going a trifle crazy looking for it and am glad to know that I wasn't missing it. Now to talk my spouse into playing Alpha 18 again. LOL. 

when loading / continuing a game i get into the world part and then a unity window pops up and it crashes to the desktop. did a complete uninstall and it still happens. it also happened on Undead Legacy when i tried to continue a game. according to steam i'm on A 19.3. i reloaded the steam base game during my wipe and redo.

Can someone point me to a step by step guide as to where to go to and how to download and run the nitrogen world generator please. 

I saw the Farket one of the 18.2 version but I can't see the current version of it anywhere. 

48 minutes ago, morph said:

Can someone point me to a step by step guide as to where to go to and how to download and run the nitrogen world generator please. 

I saw the Farket one of the 18.2 version but I can't see the current version of it anywhere. 

For download, i'm pretty sure the one in the mods section on here should work.

30 minutes ago, DutchPlacebo said:

Hi, i downloaded this mod. And i placed the files where it belongs. But the game doesn't start. Has this something to do with the 19.3 and 19.4 Alpha?

Or do i need to do something else?

What's it doing?

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

For download, i'm pretty sure the one in the mods section on here should work.

What's it doing?

Does the generator apply to Darkness falls mod  version or just the vanilla 7 days? 

Hey Khaine, I'm not sure if this is the best spot to do it but I wanted to provide some feedback on my playthrough so far. I've managed to recover my 19.3 world (after around 6 hours of rebuilding, but saving 60 hours of previous work!) and these is a few of the things I've noticed during that time.

1) The Turbo doubling speed makes vehicle handling a little wonky. I found it helpful to increase the vehicle min/max torque and braking force (I doubled their numbers as well) and I find that I slide a lot less often when trying to take a corner.

2) Ammo stack sizes are all over the place. 7.62Ball stacks to 300 but 7.62Coil stacks to 600. Same with pistol (9mm/44mag) and the 44magCoil. Personally, I increased 9mm/44mag to 500, reduced 44magCoil TO 500. Lowered 7.62Coil to 300 and increased Shotshells to 250. This would give them all a similar weight in the real world.

3) Is it intentional that scouts spawn so frequently? I was doing some mining to recover lost materials and noticed every 30-40 ore I'd get a scout. I faced more zombies while mining than I did in my last BM Horde.

4) I read you disabled the brassCatcher for coil weapons and I was curious on your thoughts behind this. I can understand not having it for shotguns as it doesn't have a casing in the recipe but 44magCoil and 7.62Coil definitely do. Materials aren't hard to come by, it's just the time needed to craft the casings (which is relatively minor even still, with three different Advanced Forges processing tips, casings, and cement while I do trader missions) so it doesn't seem that significant to not allow people to use it if they invested points in to making the mod.

EDIT: 5) I just had TraderBob try to teach me DIYCrafting level 3, though the skill only goes to 2. He still takes Dukes when I attempt it but obviously nothing unlocks and I can repeatedly click the learn button. Checked the Dialogues and it shows "<action type="AddCVar, Mods" id="perkDIY" value="3" operator="set" />" which is why I assume that's happening? I'm definitely still a novice at modding though so I could be off.

That's about all that I can think of at this time, hopefully some of this proves useful. Oh, and not really a point of feedback but is there a certain mechanic that makes the radiated zombie dogs explode? I tried searching for info on it but couldn't find anything other than the video clip of you showing that they can/do. I've been terrified of them blowing up any time I fight one xD

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Edited by Nomad (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Khissi said:

I play with horde night turned off because 

thanks for the feedback Khissi.  I think I am going to turn it off this run too.  wandering hordes are a big enough pain in the butt now so that will probably be enough for me.  I even thought about a once a month horde but that's also a distraction like you were saying.  I do like the pull that blood moons give you and having to manage your time but I'm going to turn it off this run.

Apparently you can only edit your own comment once, or I'm missing something. In either case, this is in addition to my earlier comment (https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4941-darkness-falls-they-mostly-come-out-at-night/?do=findComment&comment=422233) as I found additional interesting things.

6) The CoilRifle and CoilSniper have a significant delay when releasing the zoom. No other weapon I've tried so far has the same delay. It feels very out of place. Not sure if that can be fixed though.

7) While on the topic of weapon oddities. The zoom on many guns is really strange. You are almost up inside the weapon the way the camera shifts, such as the CoilShotgun, 44Magnum (it's less noticeable with the red dot on), CoilPistol and CoilRifle w/red dot (zooms in a lot on the Rifle) and a few other I can't think of off the top of my head. I know adjusting camera zoom is tedious (a lot of small changes, launching the game and testing) but thought it was worth a shout in case it wasn't already somewhere on the list.

Hello everyone.

I am running Darkness Falls on a 7-day death server on a Windows system.

But I run the server as a normal user of the Windows system, and run the server as a non-administrator user.

If you add Darkness Falls to the server, you cannot start the server. This is the Darkness Falls server version.

My situation is very special, I can only use the Windows system. Non-administrator users run the 7 Days to Die server.

Error content:

spacer.png

Is there any solution?

Edited by Zvz (see edit history)

hello everyone,

maybe someone encountered something similar and know solution?

I wanted to make foundation, so I dig out first block of soil on area 15x15 and put the wood frames. One frame I couldn't put there, tried to take out frames around that spot but it not helped, still one frame I can't put on clear spot. After i took frames around that spot I tried to dig one block deeper, and I can fill the block under that spot. So i put all frames back but now I have 3 spots where frames can't be put. I stopped experimenting with that, so i won't get more dead spots. 

I don't know is it mod's or vanilla's problem but if somebody knows how to fill the dead spot  with something please share it.

I tried many different blocks but none worked.

Playing 19.3 b6 with 3.3A mod.

On 3/10/2021 at 6:42 PM, KhaineGB said:

Eve is in a POI in the snow biome.

And thank you for the donation :)

There IS a plan to have the traders send you to her eventually.

You are very welcome. I did end up finding Eve on the border of the snow and forest biomes. Your work is truly impressive and I added myself on Patreon. Best,

12 hours ago, Nomad said:

Hey Khaine, I'm not sure if this is the best spot to do it but I wanted to provide some feedback on my playthrough so far. I've managed to recover my 19.3 world (after around 6 hours of rebuilding, but saving 60 hours of previous work!) and these is a few of the things I've noticed during that time.

1) The Turbo doubling speed makes vehicle handling a little wonky. I found it helpful to increase the vehicle min/max torque and braking force (I doubled their numbers as well) and I find that I slide a lot less often when trying to take a corner.

2) Ammo stack sizes are all over the place. 7.62Ball stacks to 300 but 7.62Coil stacks to 600. Same with pistol (9mm/44mag) and the 44magCoil. Personally, I increased 9mm/44mag to 500, reduced 44magCoil TO 500. Lowered 7.62Coil to 300 and increased Shotshells to 250. This would give them all a similar weight in the real world.

3) Is it intentional that scouts spawn so frequently? I was doing some mining to recover lost materials and noticed every 30-40 ore I'd get a scout. I faced more zombies while mining than I did in my last BM Horde.

4) I read you disabled the brassCatcher for coil weapons and I was curious on your thoughts behind this. I can understand not having it for shotguns as it doesn't have a casing in the recipe but 44magCoil and 7.62Coil definitely do. Materials aren't hard to come by, it's just the time needed to craft the casings (which is relatively minor even still, with three different Advanced Forges processing tips, casings, and cement while I do trader missions) so it doesn't seem that significant to not allow people to use it if they invested points in to making the mod.

EDIT: 5) I just had TraderBob try to teach me DIYCrafting level 3, though the skill only goes to 2. He still takes Dukes when I attempt it but obviously nothing unlocks and I can repeatedly click the learn button. Checked the Dialogues and it shows "<action type="AddCVar, Mods" id="perkDIY" value="3" operator="set" />" which is why I assume that's happening? I'm definitely still a novice at modding though so I could be off.

That's about all that I can think of at this time, hopefully some of this proves useful. Oh, and not really a point of feedback but is there a certain mechanic that makes the radiated zombie dogs explode? I tried searching for info on it but couldn't find anything other than the video clip of you showing that they can/do. I've been terrified of them blowing up any time I fight one xD

Thanks again for all your hard work!

9 hours ago, Nomad said:

Apparently you can only edit your own comment once, or I'm missing something. In either case, this is in addition to my earlier comment (https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4941-darkness-falls-they-mostly-come-out-at-night/?do=findComment&comment=422233) as I found additional interesting things.

6) The CoilRifle and CoilSniper have a significant delay when releasing the zoom. No other weapon I've tried so far has the same delay. It feels very out of place. Not sure if that can be fixed though.

7) While on the topic of weapon oddities. The zoom on many guns is really strange. You are almost up inside the weapon the way the camera shifts, such as the CoilShotgun, 44Magnum (it's less noticeable with the red dot on), CoilPistol and CoilRifle w/red dot (zooms in a lot on the Rifle) and a few other I can't think of off the top of my head. I know adjusting camera zoom is tedious (a lot of small changes, launching the game and testing) but thought it was worth a shout in case it wasn't already somewhere on the list.

1) May go tweak this but I'm gonna wait and see since rumour is we're getting vehicle mods in A20. So maybe it'll get fixed in the DLL.
2) That's kinda intended. Coil is supposed to stack higher than normal ammo.
3) Yes. yes it is.
4) Because when I researched steel cased ammo, the general consensus is you CANNOT reload it without professional-grade equipment. That's why it doesn't work on coil rounds. Coilguns do get another mod that returns coilbatteries instead.

Make more forges.
5) Will have to check that.
6) Nope. Not something I can fix.
7) 44 magnum isn't mine. The shotgun is that way to properly line up the crosshairs with the iron sights or people complain (and no, the big long thing isn't part of the iron sights. That's the rail to install mods onto)

10 hours ago, belowzeros said:

thanks for the feedback Khissi.  I think I am going to turn it off this run too.  wandering hordes are a big enough pain in the butt now so that will probably be enough for me.  I even thought about a once a month horde but that's also a distraction like you were saying.  I do like the pull that blood moons give you and having to manage your time but I'm going to turn it off this run.

I'm still toying with the idea of making horde nights every 14 days as default (to match IRL New Moon/Full Moon).

9 hours ago, Zvz said:

Hello everyone.

I am running Darkness Falls on a 7-day death server on a Windows system.

But I run the server as a normal user of the Windows system, and run the server as a non-administrator user.

If you add Darkness Falls to the server, you cannot start the server. This is the Darkness Falls server version.

My situation is very special, I can only use the Windows system. Non-administrator users run the 7 Days to Die server.

Error content:

spacer.png

Is there any solution?

Sounds like it doesn't have required access to the folder. May need to run it as admin.

6 hours ago, zebras said:

hello everyone,

maybe someone encountered something similar and know solution?

I wanted to make foundation, so I dig out first block of soil on area 15x15 and put the wood frames. One frame I couldn't put there, tried to take out frames around that spot but it not helped, still one frame I can't put on clear spot. After i took frames around that spot I tried to dig one block deeper, and I can fill the block under that spot. So i put all frames back but now I have 3 spots where frames can't be put. I stopped experimenting with that, so i won't get more dead spots. 

I don't know is it mod's or vanilla's problem but if somebody knows how to fill the dead spot  with something please share it.

I tried many different blocks but none worked.

Playing 19.3 b6 with 3.3A mod.

It's a vanilla problem with invisible blocks. Stick a grenade or something where the invisible block is and that might destroy it.

51 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Not sure if this is something that's only appeared in the latest version but when you switch to the M4A1 it plays the muzzle flash animation

Well that's a new one! Eh, I wont worry about it tbh.